It was all devised by then 21-year-old composer Andrew Lloyd Webber and 25-year-old lyricist Tim Rice. Juni 2017, The best Jesus Christ music score. Had it on vinyl but now happy to buy it on CD. Serving as their own producers, the two creators got together more than 60 top-flight singers and musicians (including Chris Spedding, John Gustafson, Mike Vickers, P.P. Why'd you choose such a backward time and such a strange land? 40 The album musical is a musical dramatisation of the last week of the life of Jesus Christ, beginning with his entry into Jerusalem and ending with the Crucifixion. Entdecken Sie jetzt alle Amazon Prime-Vorteile. ....ist mein absolutes Lieblings-Musical. Leider ist ein Problem beim Speichern Ihrer Cookie-Einstellungen aufgetreten. Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ (Tell me, tell me) August 2012. war ein Geschenk - meine Schwester war begeistert! Jesus Christ Superstar, by contrast, passed through the border and Southern states without any controversy, speaking volumes in the process about what had happened to American society in the interim. Instead of drawing from works of literature or dated mythology, Jesus Christ Superstar tapped directly into the Judeo-Christian cultural bank and made a show of literal Biblical proportions. Discover videos from worldwide productions of Jesus Christ Superstar - from film clips to live performances or backstage videos! On the original album, the part of Jesus was sung by Ian Gillan, with Murray Head as Judas, Michael d'Abo as King Herod, Yvonne Elliman as Mary Magdalene, and Barry Dennen as Pilate. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. At a Broadway singalong, what Jesus Christ Superstar songs would grace your playlist? 28 Februar 1997, Hörkassette, Filmmusik, Import, 17. Diese wurde noch vor der Uraufführung veröffentlicht und klingt von daher engagierter, experimentierfreudiger, präsenter. Bitte versuchen Sie es erneut. Hinzufügen war nicht erfolgreich. Vote on these lists to rank every song you can't stop, won't stop, never wanna stop singing in the greatest musicals ever to hit the stage and screen. Every time I look at you, I don't understand Juni 2013. songs from various artist who have been in jcs past and present What have you sacrificed? (Don't you get me wrong) Don’t you get me wrong As far as I'm concerned this is the best cast of singers for this piece. The rock opera really changed the game in terms of appropriate material for Broadway. Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ (I only wanna know, tell me, tell me) The original release was also the first "event" album of the '70s, presaging a brace of generally less successful efforts in that direction, ranging from Lou Adler and Lou Reizner's orchestrated version of Tommy (Pete Townshend's rock opera basically blown up to Jesus Christ Superstar dimensions) to the soundtrack All This and World War II and Leonard Bernstein's Mass. Listen to this album, and then buy the movie. If its content seemed daring (and perhaps downright sacrilegious), the work, a "sung-through" musical echoing operatic and oratorio traditions, was structurally perfect for an album; just as remarkable as its subject matter was the fact that its musical language was full-blown rock music. Internet Explorer is no longer supported on Last.fm. Die Musik wurde von dem damals noch unbekannten Andrew Lloyd Webber geschrieben, Tim Rice verfasste die Liedtexte in Anlehnung … Do you think you're what they say you are? Superstar 4 There are plenty of beloved songs from the musical you can easily sing along to. Momentanes Problem beim Laden dieses Menüs. What have you sacrificed? [JUDAS, CHOIR] You'd have managed better if you'd had it planned. Um aus diesem Karussell zu navigieren, benutzen Sie bitte Ihre Überschrift-Tastenkombination, um zur nächsten oder vorherigen Überschrift zu navigieren. You'd have managed better if you'd had it planned Mai 2016. Jesus Christ Superstar had been conceived as a stage work, but lacking the funds to get it produced, the two collaborators instead decided to use an album as the vehicle for introducing the piece, a fairly radical rock/theater hybrid about the final days in the life of Jesus as seen from the point of view of Judas. Released in America by Decca as a handsomely decorated double-LP set complete with illustrated libretto, Jesus Christ Superstar seemed to pick up where the Who's Tommy (also a Decca release) and Hair had left off, and audiences from across the age and cultural spectrum responded. Auch sie ist erwartungsgemäß begeistert. (I only wanna know) I only wanna know Who'd you think besides yourself's the pick of the crop? Who are you? Geben Sie es weiter, tauschen Sie es ein, © 1998-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. oder Tochtergesellschaften, Jesus Christ Superstar (Related Recordings), Übersetzen Sie alle Bewertungen auf Deutsch, Lieferung verfolgen oder Bestellung anzeigen, Recycling (einschließlich Entsorgung von Elektro- & Elektronikaltgeräten). (Don’t you get me wrong, I only wanna know) Listen free to Andrew Lloyd Webber – Jesus Christ Superstar (Overture, Heaven On Their Minds and more). Dagegen hört sich der Soundtrack runder, sinfonischer und eleganter an. The album musical is a musical dramatisation of the last week of the life of Jesus Christ, beginning with his entry into Jerusalem and ending with the Crucifixion. What have you sacrificed? Could Mohamed move a mountain, or was that just PR? With a sympathetic Judas and a down to earth Jesus, who wouldn't be curious to give this musical a viewing? The songs themselves are obviously very strong and the whole performance is held together brilliantly by virtue of a soundly structured arrangement and by the timely inclusion of various recurring musical themes and ideas that are successfully weaved throughout the musical from start to finish. View Jesus Christ Superstar song lyrics by popularity along with songs featured in, albums, … Buddha, was he where it's at? Bargain! If you'd come today, you would have reached a whole nation Heaven on Their Minds 3 Wir verwenden Cookies und ähnliche Tools, um Ihr Einkaufserlebnis zu verbessern, um unsere Dienste anzubieten, um zu verstehen, wie die Kunden unsere Dienste nutzen, damit wir Verbesserungen vornehmen können, und um Werbung anzuzeigen. (I only wanna know, tell me, tell me) Tell me what you think about your friends at the top. ADVERTISEMENT 1 (I only wanna know) I only wanna know In order to have the best experience, please upgrade to a more modern browser. Did you know your messy death would be a record breaker? (I only wanna know) I only wanna know Give your favorite tracks a thumbs up! This version of the musical is the definitive one as far as I am concerned . King Herod's Song … I only want to know. Auslaufartikel (Produktion durch Hersteller eingestellt) You'd have managed better if you'd had it planned. zum Glauben zurückgebracht (nicht zur Kirche). I Don't Know How to Love Him 6 Außerdem analysiert es Rezensionen, um die Vertrauenswürdigkeit zu überprüfen. 21 In July 1971, the first authorised American concert of the rock opera took place in front of an audience of 13,000 people at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's Civic Arena with Jeff Fenholt singing the role of Jesus, Carl Andersonas Juda… Songs like “Gethsemane (I Only Want to Say)", "What's the Buzz,” “This Jesus Must Die,” and “Pilate and Christ" showcase how modern people may react to the birth of the Son of God.