The reports from Toledo were extremely positive. HittingCandelario is showing a very polished and confident hit tool in the Fall League.

SportsLine.com also offers premium optimal lineups from Mike McClure, a professional DFS player who has over $1 million in career winnings. Some of the analytical predictors are in Candelario’s favor. … Daz Cameron took extra base hits away from both Hunter Dozier and Whit Merrifield Thursday night. Stewart said his issues weren’t mechanical.

Obviously, for him and for the Tigers’ evaluators, there wasn’t enough of it. Detroit Tigers first baseman Jeimer Candelario went 1-for-3 with a solo homer in a 3-2 win over the Twins on Sunday.

SCOUTING REPORT. Jeimer Candelario Scouting Report: Rest of Season Fantasy, Current Week and DFS “I’m having a lot of fun,” he said. “If we had a 162-games and not 60, we could probably wait it out.

He features a power sinker (96 mph) and a slow curve ball (82 mph). “I’ve always said, you hit 30 home runs you become a helluva left fielder.”. He has had more bad FanDuel games (below average by 20%) than good games (20% above average), and the same was true on DraftKings.
The combined 'cover percentage' for third basemen expected to start is 38%.

Candelario is NOT in the SportsLine DraftKings optimal lineup or the FanDuel optimal lineup which are based on the computer model's projection. Get the latest stats, rankings, scouting reports, and more about Detroit Tigers player Jeimer Candelario on Baseball America

StrengthsWith true power upside and the asset of being a switch-hitter, Candelario brings offensive versatility and the promise of gap doubles and home runs to the Cubs. Scouting Report. Ranking by ownership percentage (12%), Jeimer Candelario is expected to be the #28 third baseman for the rest of the season. Todd Frazier (11.7 FP), Maikel Franco (12.1 FP), Giovanny Urshela (9.7 FP), Colin Moran (11.4 FP), and Michael Brosseau (5.8 FP) are all projected for fewer points than Candelario but are starting in more leagues.

DefenseDefensively, Candelario is a bit below an average Major League third baseman.

Jeimer Candelario last five game log with fantasy points (CBS, FD, DK) and statline. He also hit his sixth home run and knocked in three.

I see him using the entire field from both sides of the plate. section: | slug: 1907172051255-fvo-owners-expect-candelario-to-be-the-28-3b-scouting-report-confirms-his-value | sport: baseball | route: article_single | He tracked both balls into the right-center field gap and caught both just as he was about to hit the fence. But the club has one more year before it has to make a long-term decision on Candelario. It’s ridiculous how far Miguel Cabrera has fallen, and how much they still owe him.

His last one was rough, giving up five runs in five innings against the Indians. He is projected for 140 fantasy points in 59 remaining games. The fallout from Candelario’s injury is that Harold Castro and Brandon Dixon will share reps at first base the rest of the way and left fielder Christin Stewart gets another chance to get something positive out of this season. He had 3 bad weeks where he was 50% below average. But we’ve got to protect this young man.

He is projected for 12.4 fantasy points in week 18 (#24 3B)

He has upside, quality tools and youth on his side. Starting in 6% of leagues he is expected to produce 11.7 fantasy points (WK 18).
“Hopefully he made a few adjustments down there and we hope it carries over,” he said.

Sure those are “big” drops, but not when you put it into context, there was no way he was going to sustain the numbers he put up in the DSL while playing against the talent of the NWL at eighteen years old. He had a great year and done some really nice things. LHP Matthew Boyd (2-7, 6.96), Tigers: If he stays on pattern, he’s alternated good starts and bad starts all month, he’s due to finish the season on a high note. His offensive WAR, 10.2, was a career-best. They were mental. Candelario is showing a very polished and confident hit tool in the Fall League. I was pretty much just super focused on getting back up here and I did everything I could to get back up here.”, Willi Castro is living his best life right now. “He was going to miss the rest of this series, so we had to do it.”. There has been criticism that he has taken too many pitches in the past. The 2019 season wasn’t an easy one for Jeimer Candelario. “But Jeimer’s had a helluva a year and he should be proud of that.”. The Tigers demoted him not once, but three times to Triple-A Toledo amid struggles at the big league level, and he also missed time due to shoulder inflammation. At $3200 he is expected to be the #17 third baseman. Make sure to visit Sportsline to for DFS and betting advice. BackgroundIt's simply amazing how many very good prospects have populated the Chicago Cubs Top Prospects lists the past couple seasons. 3-keys: sports/mlb/stories.

He is the #13 highest priced third baseman ($3800).

Does not have a lot of speed, so he won't steal a ton of bases at the highest level. “Hopefully he can continue it up here.”.

We are only including games where they were in the daily fantasy slate and played. LHP Matthew Boyd (2-7, … His fantasy third baseman projection rank is #22. It will likely depend on what free agent players Avila targets this off-season. “The way I look at it,” McClendon said, “you are either part of the problem or part of the solution. He switched positions (from third to first) and still carried on. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. site: sports | arena: mlb | pageType: stories | They’re hoping Michael Fulmer com… Players that you watch on TV growing up and say I want to be like him, and here you are right next to him.”. With a very slight and measured leg lift as his trigger, Candelario has a nice, easy swing that leads to hard contact. Nothing really changed emotionally or how I went about my day.

He finished his 2015 season playing in 46 games for Tennessee in the Double-A Southern League, which came after a promotion from Class A Advanced Myrtle Beach. So hit hot streak was 40 games. Jeimer’s average dropped to .281 for the season, he had an OBP of .345 and a .741 OPS. But it was also just 52 games and 206 plate appearances -- small sample.

The rookie shortstop had his third straight multi-hit game on Thursday. “He gives us another left-handed bat and he was swinging it well at the alternate site,” McClendon said. – What do we make of Jeimer Candelario’s season? At his projected points, he is worth a salary of $2.8K. “Nobody wants to finish a season on an injury.

He started 0-for-17 and his finished 1-for-23 with 10 strikeouts over his last seven games.

Candelario has shown solid power in the Fall League and one would never know he scuffled with a passive approach just a bit more than a year ago.

So how to evaluate that going into 2021 – as a hot streak or as a defining stretch? He is projected to be better than that (the #24 third baseman). Also, he needs to put it all together in order to take his game to the next level. These are 3 better options at lower salaries: Rio Ruiz (7 FP), Brian Anderson (7.2 FP), and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (7.4 FP). He was launching balls all over Fifth Third Field in Toledo, just like he did during his Triple-A days. Victor Reyes is interesting, and Niko Goodrum has value as a super-utility guy, but Jeimer Candelario is regressing, and I can’t see trusting him in an everyday role. He knows the strike zone well and is patient enough to wait for his pitch. He didn't make it to the big leagues. Candelario has been working on being more aggressive at the plate. A switch-hitter, he displays enough home-run upside to remain a viable corner infield option. He knows the strike zone well and is patient enough to wait for his pitch.

Video: [email protected]: Candelario launches a solo homer to left.

I find this interestingCandelario's father, Rogelio, played baseball in the Astros Minor League system. The future for CandelarioCandelario plays in an organization loaded with young players and prospects. He is really strong against left-handed pitching. “He was having a heck of a year and he wanted to finish strong,” McClendon said. All Rights Reserved.

He also stole his first base in the big leagues. Back stiffness can lead to something else that could be a major problem.”. Based on salary, he is expected to have 9.2 FPs, a value reached in 82 of 202 games (41%). He was sent back to Class A Kane County in the Midwest League to finish the season. His strikeout rate (23.8 percent) and chase rate (26 percent) were down. Candelario has said he thinks every boy in the Dominican between the ages of six and 16 should be wearing a baseball glove. “I just knew I had to go to work. Born in New York City but raised in the Dominican Republic, Candelario was signed by the Cubs as an international free agent in 2010. Based on 7/17 start percentages, Jeimer Candelario is valued behind Frazier and above Bote but the projections rank Jeimer Candelario over Frazier in week 18. Jeimer Candelario homers Sunday. His home run upside will increase as he matures, grows into his body and gains more experience against quality pitching. WeaknessesCandelario will have to continue his growth as a more aggressive hitter and improve his defense. His hard-hit rate (47 percent) and exit velocity on balls put in play (90 mph) were both up from 2019.

He isn’t eligible for arbitration until after the 2021 season.

He uses his own proprietary model to find great DFS values and often differs from the computer in how a player is projected to play on a daily basis. But it’s kind of tough with a three-man bench at this time of the year.

“The biggest thing, whether you are doing good or bad, is just controlling what you can control and that’s what I’ve been trying to do. While he may not have the highest batting average on the club, he will likely have a very good on-base percentage. It was a productive and encouraging season, certainly. He has been on this season-ending road trip as part of the taxi squad. And in batting practice on this trip, McClendon took notice of how the ball was jumping off his bat. At his start percentage, he is expected to be the #27 third baseman of week 18.

Out of 13 fantasy weeks, he was +50% above his weekly average of 9.2 FPs in 3 of them. And yet, it was just 52 games, less than half a normal season. Unless someone offers an even better third baseman value, we advise you to hold on to him. Candelario finished with a career-best slash-line — .297/.369/.503, with a career-best .872 OPS and 136 OPS-plus.

RHP Carlos Hernandez (0-0, 3.46), Royals: This will be his third big-league start and he hasn’t gone longer than 3.2 innings in either of previous starts. The combined 'cover percentage' for third basemen expected to start is 44%.

He is ranked No. He began his career in the Dominican Summer League with a batting average of .337 in 305 plate appearances in 2011. He will have to force his way into the conversation with strong play.