Despite being unable to imbibe cocktails with her friends, Mariel probably had the most fun at the wedding reception. 2. If we imbibe this quality, we regard and respect the. Words In Sentences © 2020. Best practice dictates that anyone who intends to imbibe alcoholic beverages should make sure to have dependable transportation to get home. Imbibe:verb:a. to receive or take into the mind-as knowledge, ideas, or the like; to absorb or soak in.b. , Despite being unable to imbibe cocktails with her friends, Mariel probably had the most fun at the wedding reception. : We read poems by our predecessors to, Sugar may affect the way that water is absorbed When exercising strenuously flavorless boiled water is the best beverage to imbibe: 16. When exercising strenuously, flavorless boiled water is the best beverage to, 16, Males of many species exhibit gregarious mud-puddling behavior when they may. 1. The darker the drink, the more congeners and other hangover-causing substances you'll imbibe, so tread warily around ports and heavy red wines. com reports that 67 percent of people across the country. 17. , $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["45ba4f61-76ac-4b3d-94d4-c9019d2ebe3c"]); }), $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["418b1e7b-a189-47b4-952a-43e52a926ad5"]); }), $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["9b588b9a-598a-47f4-bc83-ba2fd303e5df"]); }). From their supposed aptitude to imbibe and retain odours, their powder was the basis of various perfumes, such as the celebrated " Poudre de Cypre " of the hairdressers, but their employment in this respect has long since been abandoned. Cato ate and drank the same coarse victuals as his slaves, and even had the children suckled by his wife, that they might imbibe a fondness for the family. 3. All Rights Reserved. , Since you already have a DUI offense on your record, can you really afford to imbibe more than one beer tonight? The word usage examples above have been gathered from various sources to reflect current and historial usage. It is equally a soul or spirit in wine which inspires the intoxicated; the old Egyptian kings avoided wine at table and in libations, because it was the blood of rebels who had fought with the gods, and out of whose rotting bodies grew the vines; to drink the blood was to imbibe the soul of these rebels, and the frenzy of intoxication which followed was held to be possession by their spirits. I could never bear to imbibe. | (figuratively) To take in; absorb. At thy behest I will shake off that nature Which from my, forefathers I did inherit, Which with my mother's milk I did imbibe, And be no more Politian, but some other. Examples of imbibe in a Sentence She imbibed vast quantities of coffee. To wake up, I have to imbibe at least three cups of coffee. 3. Imbibe; Imbibing; Imbibed; Imbibes; 1. 3. Copyright © 2020 LoveToKnow.