If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, call the National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline at 800-656-HOPE (4673) or visit online.rainn.org. He was sentenced to death, and per Fox, remains on death row today. You're almost there! He does all his own singing and guitar playing which is more technically impressive than the character he has been given. | Fresh (23) Skip it! Your favorite teams, topics, and players all on your favorite mobile devices. We'll never pass along your email address to spammers, scammers, or the like. I Still Believe is a blandly dull movie built upon extended suffering and extended musical performances. It's also a movie without enough story to cover its near two-hour length. and the Terms and Policies, murders of 10 young women in the Tampa area. The faith-based film genre is growing every year and shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon. Nate's Grade: C. I'll just be upfront about this in stating that most films that revolve around faith, having it overpower the rest of the story, usually never work for me. He was arrested in 1984, and pled guilty to eight counts of murder, as well as the kidnapping and rape of McVey. Luckily, it couldn’t have gone better. For this reason alone, I was hesitant about watching I Still Believe, but I'm kind of glad I did. The film is based on the true-life story of Christian music star Jeremy Camp, and his remarkable journey that proves there is hope in the midst of tragedy and faith. The love triangle is enough to keep Melissa from being public about dating Jeremy, and when he presses her on it, she pushes back that he should return the jacket that Jean Luc gave him, as if these are equivalent. Even when I cannot see, I still believe." Sign up for the GOD TV newsletter and receive a free gift! | Rating: 3.0/4.0 The way they were able to bring out these very real performances was very impressive, but I feel that they just had a knack for the material. She dies so that you can become a better guitarist, Jeremy. Overall, I would say I ended up liking this movie, which is something I didn't expect to say, even after the first act. |, March 15, 2020 What if something horrible happened to you, but no one would believe you? It had to show that to be authentic because that's what happened. I hope after seeing the love between Jeremy and Melissa the audience can sit there and think, ‘Wow, I hope that I can one day be in love like that.’”, After the box office smash I Can Only Imagine, and the inspirational true story Breakthrough, christian music lovers and those who love true story movies have something new to anticipate. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy. You see the story of the love between a man and a woman, but you're going to walk out understanding the love of God and His goodness. It shows hope in the midst of pain.”, In the trailer, Robertson, as a very frail Melissa, is heard saying, “I keep thinking if one person’s life is changed by what I go through, it will all be worth it.”, Camp testified, in a promotional clip for the film, “It comes out 3/20/20 and what’s amazing about that is that scripture in Ephesians 3:20  says that ‘He’s done exceedingly, abundantly, above all we can ask or even imagine,’ and I’m telling you, He’s done exceedingly, abundantly, above all that I could have asked or even imagined.”, TAGSbelieve / christian movies / Love / Movies / music. I Still Believe is a tearjerker! I think many can be irritated when a movie says a character's ultimate suffering was all to prop up another character; I'm reminded of numerous Hollywood stories about African-American suffering where it props up a white savior character to learn or achieve Important Things. JC: I was pretty involved. Because everyone faces trials, no matter if you follow the Lord or not. I was feeling all these emotions but I said, "But I still believe in your faithfulness. By closing this banner or continuing to browse this website, you agree to the use of cookies.