[32] It became Williams' third No. [56] The minions from the Despicable Me series make several appearances throughout the film, including one scene at 3:00 am, in which Pharrell Williams and the minions dance in a movie theatre that is playing the scene from Despicable Me 2 in which "Happy" appears. Even if you're not a fan of Vanderpump Rules (and therefore you aren't familiar with the musical stylings of Scheana), it's hard not to get through the chorus of this song without bopping your head. Repeating the name of this simple tune could turn your day around. So whether you want to celebrate feeling great or just need a pick-me-up, these are the best happy songs of all time that you definitely want in your regular music rotation. When you need some assistance getting "through this thing called life," turn up the volume on Prince's 1984 single, "Let's Go Crazy." Go directly to shout page. The song captures relationship bliss so well it has been used in countless movies and TV shows as well as being adapted for television commercials and covered by a wide range of recording artists. 6 Ways to Tell If Someone's Lying, According to Former CIA Officers, 10 Things You Didn't Know About the Statue of Liberty (She Was Almost Gold! Perfect for those times when you just need to live out loud, Katrina & The Waves’ hit has been celebrating happiness for more than three decades.

Sorry to my neighbors!

Some can pep up your morning, some make you want to dance like no one’s watching, and others can get a party started after just a few notes. 100+ Insomnia Quotes for When Those Long, Restless Nights Feel Like They'll Never End, 3-Ingredient Candy Corn Fruit Parfaits Will be a Healthy Halloween Hit, Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos Are the Healthy Game-Day Snack We Can't Get Enough Of, Memphis Garrett Discusses His 'Need-to-Know' Mindset During, Get Your Membership Card Ready! It's true, you can't stop the feeling, and that feeling, my friends, is happiness. This soulful record would have been at home in the Motown era. “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” from “Cocktail,” Bobby McFerrin. Please try again. of our, Mouthwatering recipes, handy kitchen tips, and more delivered to your inbox, It's Time To Smile, Here Are 75 Happy Songs That Will Make You Feel Great. Please check your email to confirm your subscription. On June 12, it was announced that "Happy" had overtaken "Evergreen" by Will Young as the UK's best-selling single of the 21st century, with sales of 1.81 million.

"[27], In October 2013, a month prior to its release, "Happy" catapulted to No. Janelle Monáe's "Tightrope" is all about keeping a can-do attitude in the midst of naysayers. She later said that she wrote it during her first trip to Hawaii, when she noticed a massive parking lot right next to gorgeous greenery. Between the catchy tune and Harry Styles' beautiful face, I promise you won't be able to *not* smile while committing this music video to memory. 20 Books That Will Put You in a Better Mood, 31 Feel-Good Movies That'll Make You Smile, 26 Quotes That'll Make You Feel Instantly Happier.

I’ve also put them together in a youtube playlist so that you can easily sing along. 'Because I'm happy, clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth' sings Williams as the jaunty rhythm gets your head nodding. These happy songs, from "Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake to Lizzo's "Good as Hell," will put a smile on your face and lift your spirits. 11 on December 23, 2013. It then dropped to No. There's real science to back up how music can affect your overall mood. It was used as the theme song for the unaired pilot for the show Friends, only to eventually be replaced by The Rembrandts’ “I’ll Be There for You.”. Some happy songs have stood the test of time, while other newer songs became must-plays for when you need a boost. Leave feedback, Happy" is a midtempo soul and neo soul song on which Williams's falsetto voice has been compared to Curtis Mayfield by critics. 1 in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and 19 other countries. 1 single on the chart, but his first as lead artist. slaps. This Beatles tune is pretty chill but will still leave you feeling...wait a second, is that...hopeful? [20][21] According to music journalist Paul Tingen, "Happy" is "a mid-tempo ... song in a faux-Motown style, with an arrangement that is, by modern standards, very sparse: programmed drums, one bass and one keyboard part, and handclaps both programmed and played, all topped off by Williams's lead vocals and a whole posse of backing vocals". "It's a great groove, and he's a very smart guy. Copyright law, as well as other applicable federal and state laws, the content on this website may not be reproduced, distributed, displayed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used, without the prior, express, and written permission of Athlon Media Group. The song was originally going to be a ballad, but lead singer Katrina Leskanich decided to make it peppier instead. Refresh your page, login and try again.

1 the following week, and also topped the Hot 100 Airplay chart. Though her vocals were nearly unparalleled, the late Aretha Franklin didn't praise them. Inspiration. Thanks for signing up! Meet the Teams Competing on, Chris Watts' Confession Letters Reveal Horrifying Murder Details About His Slaying of Shanann Watts and Daughters, 22 Christmas Cookie Recipes To Bake This Year. When you need an extra boost of confidence or just need an anthem to sing along to while pumping your fists in the air, play this catchy, futuristic song. 1, reaching the peak on three separate occasions. Sorry, comments are currently closed. The melody was basically concocted in a lab to put a smile on your face!

This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. The song didn’t stop there: It ended up becoming the best-selling song of 2016. Near its end, get ready for Bey's final key change. 1 in the UK on a record-setting three occasions and became the most downloaded song of all time in the UK in September 2014;[5] it is the eighth highest-selling single of all time in the country. If any song could give your soul a big warm hug, it'd be this song right here. Side note: Who can forget Big Rob's iconic performance here? "[68] Soon after Iran's President Hassan Rouhani criticized the arrest when he tweeted "#Happiness is our people's right.

The music video, which is largely shot in stop-motion, features cameos by Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Nicholas Cage, and Russell Crowe. In other words, a list of happy songs that I can listen to non-stop...literally, in the shower, at night while I toss and turn in what used to be called "sleep," and while I microwave my final slice of pizza. 1 … "[69] The dancers, along with the director,[70] were later released.

1, the longest reign at the top of the Syndicat National de l'Edition Phonographique, beating Lou Bega's "Mambo No. Not all happy songs have to be in-your-face upbeat. 1 in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and 19 other countries. [6], On the New Zealand Singles Chart, "Happy" debuted at No. Amy Winehouse, "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves, "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson feat. 2. While the song peaked at No. And while you're at it, abandon your inhibitions as the song encourages listeners. They also made Williams an offer to record his own album, to which he agreed quickly, "overwhelmed that someone wanted to know what's in my heart". [61][62] The same month artsmedia Albania produced a music video for the track featuring inhabitants of Tirana. Diana Ross’ dance-friendly single was released as she was leaving Motown Records and “coming out” from under her management. We're all stuck inside practically 24/7, trying to keep the days of the week straight while fighting the urge to eat a whole box of Cheez-Its for dinner.

(Because I'm happy) Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof (Because I'm happy) Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth (Because I'm happy) Clap along if you know what happiness is to you (Because I'm happy) Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, These Podcasts Are Spookier Than Losing an AirPod, Demi Has Words for President Trump in Her New Song, Demi Just Killed Her BBMAs Performance, Y'all, John Legend Sings "Never Break" for Chrissy Teigen, The Best 2020 Billboard Music Awards Looks, 14 Christmas Pop Songs For Your Holiday Playlist, The 13 Best TikTok Songs for Your Next Vid, Shawn Had Difficulty Opening Up to Camila, "Valerie" by Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse, "Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake, "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston, "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction, "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina & The Waves, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Martin Gay and Tammi Terrell, "Come on Eileen" by Dexys Midnight Runners, "Better When I'm Dancin'" by Meghan Trainor, "You Make My Dreams" by Daryl Hall & John Oates, "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars. By creating an account, you accept the terms and 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.

), 100 Inspiring Quotes on Love and Marriage. 1 On Hot 100", "Pharrell's 'Happy' Holds at No.