Shop All … There is a long history of soldiers and sailors doing it as something to pass the time, to take their minds off terror or boredom,” he says. Logistically, it’s meant establishing a two- or three-person team specializing in removing hardware and separating materials by fabric. He is the nephew of fashion designer Ralph Lauren. Zero-waste, postconsumer, and upcycled fashion at scale. Prime-Mitglieder genießen Zugang zu schnellem und kostenlosem Versand, tausenden Filmen und Serienepisoden mit Prime Video und vielen weiteren exklusiven Vorteilen. “When I first started, it was about investigating archetypes, and it was about recycling the image of the archetypes I was bred to appreciate and emulate,” he recalls. Drawing inspiration from classic collegiate-wear, the nephew of esteemed American fashion designer Ralph Lauren emphasizes deconstruction and distressing techniques to transform iconic silhouettes into daringly new ready-to-wear pieces. 1 bag of scraps (40 lbs) creates 13 yards of SCRAPWORK. Wählen Sie die Kategorie aus, in der Sie suchen möchten. USD $141.57 USD … Hier findest du Öffnungszeiten, Adressen und mehr zu Geschäften der Modemarke GREG LAUREN in Deutschland . Greg Lauren uses unconventional techniques and DIY construction to create unique pieces that are crafted by hand. Leider ist ein Problem beim Speichern Ihrer Cookie-Einstellungen aufgetreten. Greg Lauren (born January 6, 1970) is an American actor, painter and fashion designer. See full bio » GREG LAUREN. Sourcing high-quality textiles and constructing the majority of garments by hand in L.A, Lauren’s label speaks to a generation of individuals who embrace the need for rebellious self-expression. So, as 2020 begins, Greg Lauren is launching GL Scraps, a line within a line that creates a virtuous cycle within his brand. “The truth is, I fell in love with vintage fabric. This inspiring saga was hard to put down until I finished. Momentanes Problem beim Laden dieses Menüs. 109.4k Followers, 83 Following, 2,122 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Greg Lauren (@greglauren) 2 Personen fanden diese Informationen hilfreich, Rezension aus den Vereinigten Staaten vom 21. Finden Sie alle Bücher, Informationen zum Autor. Lauren’s ability to fuse and transform seemingly discordant materials into playful new pieces allows the designer to challenge established conventions by exploring the principles of design from exciting new perspectives. He has worked as a reporter, an editor, and in senior marketing positions in the financial information industry since 1984. Alle kostenlosen Kindle-Leseanwendungen anzeigen. Übersetzen Sie alle Bewertungen auf Deutsch, Lieferung verfolgen oder Bestellung anzeigen, Recycling (einschließlich Entsorgung von Elektro- & Elektronikaltgeräten). Greg Lauren was born on January 6, 1970 in New York City, New York, USA as Gregory David Lauren. The artist-designer nephew of Ralph Lauren doesn’t jargon-ize in those terms about how he assembles his rag-picker American preppy-style, mainly because he started cutting his own way into it before sustainability terminology hit fashion. Lifestyle. – ggf. Thought this would be a good follow-up. USD $975.00. Working out of his studio atelier (whose address—Arts District, Los Angeles—is proudly noted as part of his branding), he had no inclination to go at it on an industrial scale. “I fell in love with the craftsmanship. As she stepped into the lobby, a fireball exploded from the elevator shaft, and in that split second her life was changed forever. Lighters Luggage Shoe Cleaner Skateboard Decks Tech Towels Travel. Delivery: free-75%. Ad Choices. Greg Manning is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania. It was just too much. Die Marke wurde in Vereinigte Staaten gegründet. Bitte versuchen Sie es erneut. September 2018. Sie hören eine Hörprobe des Audible Hörbuch-Downloads. He is now Director, Information Sales and Marketing, at Euro Brokers, which was also based at the World Trade Center. I’d go to the Rose Bowl vintage market at 5:00 a.m., looking for the perfect military jacket, and ask these guys if they had any more in the back, which is where I stumbled on all these mounds of military tents,” say Lauren. Greg Lauren Determined to define new wardrobe staples for the twenty-first-century man, L.A.-based painter-turned-designer, Greg Lauren, launched his eponymous label in 2011. Stattdessen betrachtet unser System Faktoren wie die Aktualität einer Rezension und ob der Rezensent den Artikel bei Amazon gekauft hat. Entdecken Sie die Paul&Shark by Greg Lauren, Betreten Sie den offiziellen Paul&Shark-Shop und kaufen Sie sicher online ein To find out more and learn how to opt out, please visit our Stacked Lounge Side-stripe Satin Track Pants - Mens - Green. A geeky obsession with reconstructing something new out of the authentic makings of the vast volumes of stuff the American military discards was there in his first collection. Rarely do these terms become more understandable, specific, or wholly American than when you meet Greg Lauren. “I collected thousands of military tents, and my whole collection was usually made from cutting out these fabrics,” says Lauren. This book tells the true story of a husband who truly loves his wife, and a wife who is courageous beyond words. “I’d make these things, and it was about craft, artisanship.” Taking things apart, he says, “was a beautiful education. Then I thought, Can we do this with our scraps?”, He managed to find a quilter in L.A., researched patterns, and hit on something this makes the appeal of all this work resound with meaning. Manchmal ist das Leben wie eine stürmische Insel. He has worked as a reporter, an editor, and in senior marketing positions in the financial information industry since 1984. “This was nine years ago, before the bigger upcycling movement. Juli 2013. Among the collaged pieces, there’s an external label declaring they’re the product of “Our ‘No Scrap Goes Unused’ policy.”. Greg Manning is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania. Bantam; First Printing Auflage (5. Geben Sie Ihre Mobiltelefonnummer ein, um die kostenfreie App zu beziehen. Greg Lauren The nephew of Ralph Lauren, Greg Lauren launched his namesake label in 2011. Nachdem Sie Produktseiten oder Suchergebnisse angesehen haben, finden Sie hier eine einfache Möglichkeit, diese Seiten wiederzufinden. Wiederholen Sie die Anforderung später noch einmal. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. Lifestyle Brands. I read it when it was first published, loaned it out and it was never returned so I had to buy it again. And it would break my heart to see stacks—so big you had to climb on them—of these lonely things, collecting dust.”. Earlier this year, he introduced a new project, GL Scraps, in which his team repurposes all of their … Vogue may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Variation an der Kasse je nach Lieferadresse. Delivery: free. Delivery: free-50%. August 2017. Greg Lauren Sale Bis zu -59% Rabatt auf eine große Auswahl an Greg Lauren Produkten Sichere & einfache Bezahlung Jetzt entdecken auf mybestbrands.de Preise inkl. It touched my heart. Es liegen 0 Rezensionen und 0 Bewertungen aus Deutschland vor, Entdecken Sie jetzt alle Amazon Prime-Vorteile. Greg Lauren. Medicom Toy Off-White C/o Virgil Abloh Phaidon Rassvet Rizzoli Taschen Wacko Maria. Patchwork field jacket. SSENSE uses cookies that identify your device to provide you with a better online shopping experience, tailored to your preferences. Greg Lauren Spring 2021 Menswear collection, runway looks, beauty, models, and reviews. I only wish there was a second book to tell the rest of the story. GREG LAUREN produziert Damenbekleidung und Herrenbekleidung. . As an artist and a part of the Lauren family, Greg was exposed to the idea of creatively expressing himself through fashion from an early age. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. Going to read her book now. LOVE, GREG & LAUREN We share this story day by astonishing day. Great read. Wonderful book told by an unbelievably strong husband about his courageous and inspiring wife who endured the unimaginable. Wählen Sie eine Sprache für Ihren Einkauf. So, as 2020 begins, Greg Lauren is launching GL Scraps, a line within a line that creates a virtuous cycle within his brand. August 2016. Patchwork Kimono-style Alpaca-blend Jacket - Mens - Red. Zugelassene Drittanbieter verwenden diese Tools auch in Verbindung mit der Anzeige von Werbung durch uns. To find out more, please visit our Privacy Policy. He lives in New York with his wife, Lauren, and their young son. Wrong! Etwas ist schiefgegangen. Willkommen im Greg Lauren Shop auf Mybestbrands! He has been married to Elizabeth Berkley since November 1, 2003. Geben Sie es weiter, tauschen Sie es ein, © 1998-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. oder Tochtergesellschaften, und über 8 Millionen weitere Bücher verfügbar für. As she stepped into the lobby, a fireball exploded from the elevator shaft, and in that split second her life was changed forever.