John Gosden has been in great nick and his Wassaayef has obvious claims. Get the best tips for today's Goodwood races from horseracingtips.today. At verging on even money, he gets a big fat swerve. There are obviously many factors to take into account when picking a potential winner from a field of horses Races Analysis: form, pedigree, trainer, jockey, whether the ground is suited to that horse, whether they like the current weather conditions, what weight they are given in a handicap, whether their odds have moved significantly… among many others. Of the remainder, Spanish Mission is capable of better at this trip has podium claims. You can also view all of today's racecards and results and get an …

SANTIAGO can leave Stradivarius playing second fiddle in the Group 1 Al Shaqab Goodwood Cup (3.15) as Glorious Goodwood gets underway today.

You can unsubscribe at any time. He ran fine there in a race that has worked out very well since. But a 5lbs rise for finishing second is always harsh and this demands more. I'd have him plenty shorter in the betting here despite a few arguably being less exposed and possibly better handicapped.

Count D’Orsay again hit the bullseye at Yorkshire’s Garden Racecourse in September and, after a second at York, signed off for the campaign with a score at Catterick Bridge the following month. There's not much I'm keen on here and will likely keep my powder dry. T&Cs apply. The Sporting Life racing team have been amongst the winners of late - check out Friday's best bets here.

Class factor. It's a favourites race, six of the last eight have won, but there are horses who ran in much better races at Ascot and they make more appeal. 18+ begambleaware.org.

It's a fascinating clash but a repeat of his Gold Cup heroics and it should be a fourth Goodwood Cup for the star stayer.

Frankie Dettori is on board. Of the supposed outsiders, Eagles By Day is of the most interest for the in form David O'Meara team. As well as the Analyst's win selection in the race. There are 60 licensed racecourses in Great Britain and a further two in Northern Ireland.

And at double figure odds, although he's shortened since the market opened, Alan King's PAINLESS POTTER looks a great bet. Glorious Goodwood 2020 tips: Newsboy's 1-2-3 and best bets for every race on day one Day one of the Qatar Goodwood Festival is upon us and there are eight races to find the winners of. On her comeback this season she shaped nicely enough from the rear. Manchester City claimed victory over Arsenal thanks to Raheem Sterling's first half strike to put the Sky Blues back on track, but what were the main talking points from the game? I would put no one off chancing him as well as the selection. I'd still fancy John Gosden's star to get the job done, but at prohibitive odds I'm more than happy to watch. Keep an eye on his filly in the betting. He is a big danger.

Of the nine declared runners, only four have had runs and the standard they set is far from unbeatable.

Course record (trainer) A return to his Ascot form sees him in there with a shout, though. A first race over the flying five on the Downs for the week and I like the chances of Tony Carroll's RECON MISSION. A car park draw isn't helpful though. Tulip Fields flopped when sixth of seven to Be More on Sandown Park’s Coral-Eclipse undercard two starts ago but her third in the Listed Glasgow Stakes at Hamilton Park 12 days ago was much more like it and a British Horseracing Authority handicap mark of 91 - 6lb higher than at Newmarket - is within reach.

Race record (trainer) COUNT D’ORSAY is edging down the weights and is fancied to gain a fourth victory since leaving Ireland.

Previous market moves

There appears to be little in the way of pace on and it may be worth taking a flyer on Marie's Diamond who could be very dangerous from stall two. Van Dijk reportedly facing 'seven or eight months out' after star 'injures ACL', How hard does McGregor hit? Today's Tips Tomorrow.

He ran well enough on debut at Newbury and should be better for that run. 2.15 Veuve Clicquot Vintage Stakes (Group 2) The first Group race of the week and it's one that's … Plenty have been beat from the race, and given the rejigged schedule for youngsters, that was always likely to be the case. Jason Watson’s partner returned to Newton-le-Willows for a three-quarter-length score, gain over a mile, before a second to Qaysar over the same course and distance last time out. There is plenty more to come, and Battleground is expected to cope with the step up to Group 2 level. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO).