Aug. 4: Los Angeles Angels left fielder Brian Goodwin watches a hit fall to the turf in front of him against the Seattle Mariners during the eighth inning at T-Mobile Park. “I’ve pitched through so much crap in my career that would be easy to pitch through at this point, but this is literally impossible to do anything with.”. July 26: Giants right fielder Mike Yastrzemski makes an out in the seventh inning against the Dodgers. I don’t know. © 2020 ABG-SI LLC.

Yet another unplanned exit by an All-Star pitcher.

July 27: Mets center fielder Brandon Nimmo runs to second base against the Red Sox. He missed two starts after the All-Star break with a mild back strain, then missed four weeks in July and August with a rhomboid strain, just below the trapezius and neck muscles where Scherzer’s spasms are located. St. Louis Cardinals starter Miles Mikolas won't pitch this season after a forearm strain. For his spasms, Scherzer received a cortisone injection that team doctors told him will take 48 hours to kick in. Scherzer said he had neck spasms earlier in the week, but felt fine after getting treatment from Nationals trainers on Saturday, and even played catch before Game 4. The Nationals are 4-0 in Scherzer’s starts this postseason, and 5-0 in games started by Strasburg. Scherzer's injury was another reminder that in this season, managing the virus and conventional player health are interconnected. Aug. 2: A cardboard cutout of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes is seen in the stands before the game between the and Chicago White Sox and the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium.

This was caught by MASN cameras. They won the first two games of the series in Houston, and now might need to win the last two to save their title hopes. But I also have a responsibility to the health of our players.". That might have something to do with it.

With Stephen Strasburg lined up to pitch Game 6, the Nationals’ best-case scenario is for Scherzer to recover in time to pitch Game 7 on Wednesday, if there is one. All Rights Reserved. The Rockies won the game, 9-6. With just 60 games to play with, any injury is impactful. July 25: Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado and center fielder David Dahl celebrate after a win over the Rangers. Scherzer is in the sixth year of a seven-year, $210 million deal with Washington and has been remarkably durable in his career — making between 30 and 34 starts from 2009-2018 before last year's back woes. July 26: A security guard makes his way through a maze of fan cut outs before the game between the Dodgers and Giants at Dodger Stadium. To deny Scherzer a chance to pitch on a major league mound is to risk significant bodily harm. Scherzer entered the game with an 0-1 record and 2.84 ERA this season.

Sidelined by a neck injury, Nationals ace Max Scherzer is left hoping he might be available for a possible Game 7 of the World Series. “I have a responsibility to the organization and our fans to win. the New York Mets defeated the Nationals 3-1, Motley crew of Marlins pulls out emotional win in return, Angels star wishes MLB would test more frequently for COVID-19, Sign up now to get top sports headlines delivered daily, Atlanta Braves ace Mike Soroka is out for the year. Nola struck out 12 New York Yankees, but Phillies manager Joe Girardi lifted him after six innings and just 88 pitches. “For Max to miss a game, especially a significant game like this, he’s got to be really hurting,” manager Dave Martinez said Sunday. "I just tweaked my hamstring. Max Scherzer Departs Early With Hamstring Injury By Jeff Todd | August 5, 2020 at 7:59pm CDT 7:59pm: Thankfully, Scherzer is not dealing with an arm issue. "I don’t feel like the schedule or the process has had anything to do with it," he said. Max Scherzer worked for six innings Tuesday night in New York. It’s been really, really hot here, too. The Nationals are also missing reliever Will Harris, who suffered a groin injury shortly after the season began. Incredible Blanket Puts Humans In A Deep Sleep, Melting Stress Away.

A viewing was held Friday afternoon for slain MTA bus driver Marcus Parks Sr. Do you know these lucrative Social Security secrets?