wrt reconstruction, i would have liked to see olsen be more explicit about his sources: we don't find out until later, for instance, that the account of the murders is based solely on one eyewitness.

Something went wrong. Granted, the information about the murders was based on the account of Jim Stevens who eye-witnessed the account.

You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Like true Crime? In 1981, he killed two game wardens in front of a witness. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. He also gives them a gun and a sweater for Ponyboy. The whole story is so tragic, but I think the author does a good job of analyzing the events surrounding the murders of two Idaho fish and game wardens. Reviewed in the United States on November 2, 2019.

It is well written and kept my attention from the start, clear through to the end. Claude Dallas Jr. was raised in Upper Michigan and Ohio by a father whose philosophy was "give a boy a gun and you're makin' a man." Exclamation points instead of "I", "cl" changes to "d" etc. I found myself wavering between thinking him guilty or innocent toward the end. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Very distracting to try and read through SO MANY errors.

I give the story 4 stars but the digitized copy is terrible. As someone who has lived and/or visited almost all the places mentioned in the book where Dallas either hid or lived himself, I felt a connection to the story as I could picture it all. He didn't. Please try your request again later. just interviews? This was a highly readable book about the story of Claude Dallas, the culture of guns, hunting, and trapping in the rural American west, and the failings of our criminal justice system. Interesting and detailed examination of this case. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. BURKE sooooooo rvery readable, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 2, 2017. ... Have read a couple of other books about Claude Dallas, and think this gives his story, as his friends saw him. Please try again.

Dallas killed a game warden and eluded capture for a long time. It is well written and everything that it was talked up to be. Reviewed in the United States on January 6, 2016. That incident has done more harm to Conservation Officers and law enforcement than anything else I can think of. The author is a compelling storyteller, so the actual storyline about Claude Dallas's life, the murders, and the trial is easy to read and engaging.

Uncle, son , cousin...he is a chameleon...is he real? I give the story 4 stars but the digitized copy is terrible. a form of entertainment, ..he was a person that had no compassion for animals and treated them deplorable and did not follow the moral rules of the barbaric animal trapping that he engaged for his survival..., he just loved to kill... he made no distinction between them and the police or authoritative figures...he played the laws of society by choosing which ones to follow...the results were a tragedy...two forrest rangers were killed...one had a reputation that brought his own contradictions to the fore front of this deadly outcome...yet did that justify the murders?

Janet R. K.P.

I found this book very interesting to read. It often took me a few seconds to figure out what the word printed should have been and I can't come close to remembering how many times random numbers (page numbers from the original) appeared in the text. Strangely, the hardest part for me to read was the killing of the animals. Give a Boy a Gun was truly engrossing and left me wanting to read more work from this author. of California Lib., Davis, Claude Dallas Jr. was raised in Upper Michigan and Ohio by a father whose philosophy was "give a boy a gun and you're makin' a man." "Give a Boy A Gun" is the true case of Claude Dallas, Jr., the trapper who murdered two Idaho Fish and Game officers in 1982. Very distracting to try and read through SO MANY errors. Regardless, I felt drawn into the story and felt it believable. Or rather the assassination or is self defense justified because he feared for his life..

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article40686111.html After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Ich knall euch ab! With this in mind, one must remember that all accounts mentioned are from actual people and the information provided may not be wholly reliable.