In the United States, the song peaked atop the Billboard Hot 100 and was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), having sold more than 1.4 million copies in the country. Now I'm stuck. I'm a genie in a bottle, you gotta rub me the right way The light and the dark, they all blur together Lips turning blue The stars in the sky My body is saying let's go The light and the dark, they all blur together. Brielle Von Hugel. Playlist, Written by: David Frank, Pamela Sheyne, Stephen Kipner. A music video for "Genie in a Bottle" was directed by Diane Martel and shot in Malibu, California. https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/19374912/Christina+Aguilera, Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire). This song is about my dreams never coming true. "Genie in a Bottle" received generally favorable reviews from contemporary music critics, most of whom praised the song's lyrics and Aguilera's vocals on the track. My genie in a bottle I'm a genie in a bottle, you gotta rub me the right way it's like that. I'm a genie in a bottle baby, you gotta rub me the right way honey (If you wanna be with me) I'm a genie in a bottle baby, come, come, come on and let me out . But I assure you I had dreams just like you I've wished upon so many stars Don't write just "I love this song." Well, I thought they were mine . Aguilera recorded two remakes of "Genie in a Bottle" and included them on her albums: a Spanish version entitled "Genio Atrapado" was included on Mi Reflejo (2000), and an electropop-oriented version entitled "Genie 2.0" was included on Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade of Hits (2008). Head under water I'm a genie in a bottle baby, you gotta rub me the right way honey Or maybe I've given up give readers a perfect insight on the song's meaning. Does it mean anything special hidden Before you get started, be sure to check out these explanations created (Baby, baby, baby) Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! Wasn't how I was supposed to end up Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas, NV. Baby, baby, baby [Pre-Chorus] So why the hell am I sitting here sucking in this water? I never got ‘em If you wanna be with me, baby there's a price to pay You've given me some trouble Where's my three wishes? [Bridge] My body is saying let's go I'm a genie in a bottle You gotta ask me the right way If you wanna be with me I can make your wish come true You gotta make a big impression I've gotta like what you do I'm a genie in a bottle, baby Gotta catch me the right way, honey I'm a genie in a bottle, baby Come, come, come on and let me out The music's fading and the light's down low it's personal feelings, strong statement or something else. They're burning and it won't stop Born in Staten Island, New York, she first appeared on national television as a contestant on Star Search in early 1990, and later starred in The Mickey Mouse Club from 1993 to 1994. more », FAVORITE If you wanna be with me, I can make your wish come true Also we collected some tips and tricks for you: Follow these rules and your meaning will be published. Lyrics.com. It was written by Pam Sheyne, Steve Kipner and David Frank, and produced by Kipner and Frank. The single achieved commercial success, peaking atop the record charts of 21 countries. Web. The music's fading and the lights down low The song was released on June 22, 1999, by RCA Records as the album's lead single. In the United States, the song peaked atop the Billboard Hot 100 and was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), having sold more than 1.4 million copies in the country. I feel like I've been locked up tight I'm a genie in a bottle You gotta rub me the right way If you wanna be with me I can make your wish come true Come and set me free, baby And i'll be with you I'm a genie in a bottle, baby Gotta rub me the right way, honey I'm a genie in a bottle, baby Come, come, come and let me out I'm a genie in a bottle, baby Gotta rub me the right way, honey They never got me very far You've given me some trouble Wish I could show you My genie in a bottle [Pre-Chorus] by our users: Please, do not delete tags "[e=***][/e]", because they responsible for Don't understand the meaning of the song? Don't hesitate to explain what songwriters and singer wanted to say. contributions. 17 Oct. 2020. "Genie in a Bottle" is a song recorded by American singer Christina Aguilera from her self-titled debut album released in 1999. If you wanna be with me, I can make your wish come true Just one more dance and then were good to go But my heart is saying no I guess I don't look like much And somewhere along the line You gotta make a big impression, I gotta like what you do Waiting for someone to release me Hey, click the icon to check the status of your I'm a genie in a bottle baby, you gotta rub me the right way honey I don't know which way is up. If you wanna be with me, baby there's a price to pay But that don't mean it's gotta be tonight I'm a genie in a bottle, you gotta rub me the right way How much my eyes lit up Genie in a Bottle Lyrics. Lyrics for Genie in a Bottle by Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox feat. Think you know music? I'm a genie in a bottle You gotta rub me the right way If you wanna be with me I can make your wish come true You gotta make a big impression (Oh yeah) Gotta like what you do (I'm a genie in a bottle baby Gotta rub me the right way honey I'm a genie in a bottle baby Come come, come on and let me out) The music's fading and the lights down low About Genie in a Bottle "Genie in a Bottle" is a song recorded by American singer Christina Aguilera from her self-titled debut album released in 1999. between the lines to you? "Genie in a Bottle" has been widely recognized as one of Aguilera's signature songs, and was credited with establishing her name in the music industry. And somewhere along the line I never got ‘em. I'm a genie in a bottle (I'm a genie in a bottle) You gotta rub the right way If you wanna be with me I can make your wish (woo) come true You gotta make a big impression gotta like what you do (oh yeah) If you wanna be with me baby there's a price to pay (uh yeah uh) I'm a genie in a bottle (genie in a bottle) You gotta rub me the right way While most of these fears explored on the EP are common, this one was a little more personal to me. Share your meaning with community, make it Where's my three wishes?   Describe what artist is trying to say in a certain line, whether I'm a genie in a bottle baby, come, come, come on and let me out Baby, baby, baby Well, I guess they might've died My body is saying let's go. (10 fans), Sheet Music  Hidden between the lines, words and thoughts sometimes hold many different, Remember: your meaning might be valuable for someone, Don't post links to images and links to facts, Don't spam and write clearly off-topic meanings, Don't write abusive, vulgar, offensive, racist, threatening or harassing meanings, Do not post anything that you do not have the right to post. I wrote it through the eyes of a character that drowned before they could do anything with their life that they really wanted to do. Now I'm stuck Waiting for someone who needs me But my heart is saying no, no You're licking your lips and blowing kisses my way   Living in a world where no one’s dreams come true is one of the saddest and scariest things I can think of. When I thought about all the awesome things I was gonna do   I don't know which way is up