Q: The two banana goals from the identical spot in the pocket. Dangerfield crashed packs, created scoring opportunities for teammates and kicked four goals himself, including a pair of stunning banana kicks from the boundary line, in an influential display. Presented by Ford, Geelong forward Tom Hawkins is all but assured the Coleman medal for the first time…, As the AFLW season comes to an unexpected close, we want to thank our members,…, Georgie Rankin Amy McDonald and Renee Garing put on a tackling masterclass against…, Geelong's Nina Morrison goes down with what appears to be a serious knee injury, The Cats and Roos clash in round 6 of the AFLW, A bizarre bounce on the goal line allows Julia Crockett-Grills to snap beautifully, Learn more about Renee Garing, from Women's Physical Performance Coordinator and…, AFLW Coach Paul Hood spoke to the media ahead of the Friday night block buster with…, Millie Browns defensive spoil leads to an Anna Teague goal, Proudly presented by The…. They controlled the ball when they had it. Sources: Club historical data and VFLW stats. Cyber Cats ambassador Jordan…, Now more than ever, it is important to be kind online, Cyber Cats ambassador Josh…, What to do when you see bullying behaviour. We said to all our forwards, barring Luke Dahlhaus, if you have room to run and jump, then run and jump. Q: What do you say to players when they lost hope at half-time, three-quarter time or even earlier on?A: It's imploring on our character and our pride, I suppose. The Cats play most of their home games at Kardinia Park (known for sponsorship reasons as GMHBA Stadium) and play the remainder at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The club trains here during the season, however it also trains at its alternate training venue, Deakin University's Elite Sport Precinct. Coleman Medal winner and a big four-goal final. Was there any doubt he wasn't going to play?A: No, no, I asked him after the game how his finger was? If so how do you plan to address that?A: We would have loved to have played Will Kelly all season but that was an unfortunate injury for him. The scoreboard advantage ballooned to 54 points at half-time as Geelong dominated contested possession (59-44), clearances (20-9) and inside-50s (25-11). Corey Enright works close with the forwards. We've been pleased with what we've been able to do. If they really want something they tend to get it. Q: The talk during the week, talk of straight sets and all the finals speculation. Q: What about one of your best mates, obviously you played your whole careers together, Joel Selwood. Half Cat & Steve have long been an integral part of the Geelong Cats match day team. The Cats and Swans go head to head in round 18. I suppose with more confidence in the way that I - I can perform each week, more confidence in my body and being a senior player having played for a long time now, I probably - I probably find it a little bit easier to be honest. Now it's time to show the AFL what Geelong Strong is all…, Harry Taylor takes time out to thank our health-care and front-line workers.…, Ahead of the 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Series, enjoy a sample of great finals featuring…, As the Cats head into the finals, enjoy a look back at the 2020 AFL Home & Away…, Watch highlights from Monday's scratch match against the Dogs. Presented by Ford. Re-live the amazing shootout between Gary Ablett and Paul Salmon, round three 1993.…, Geelong champion Gary Ablett kicks the first goal of his career against the Kangaroos…, Hear from the late John Hyde as he shares memories of his playing days and the 1951…, Geelong great Wayne Closter speaks about 'those sand dune workouts' and his time in…, Geelong great Bill Brownless rang the bell to welcome the team onto the ground for…, The first Brownlow medal, won in 1924 by Cats' great Edward 'Carji' Greeves has come…, 191 game player Wayne Closter welcomed the team onto the ground as the round 21 Bell…, Prior to each home game a past great rings our historic bell, watch to learn more…, John Devine talks about playing alongside Peter Walker, Bill Goggin, Graham 'Polly'…, 1982 Carji Greeves Medallist John Mossop returned to The Cattery on Saturday night to…, 182 game veteran of the Geelong Cats, and father of current player Tom, Jack Hawkins…, Ian Scott talks about playing alongside Graham 'Polly' Farmer, being coached by Bob…, The Daughter and Grandson of Cats legend Graham 'Polly' Farmer rang the bell in his…, Triple Premiership player Corey Enright had the honour of ringing the bell as the…, Premiership Captain Tom Harley had the honour of ringing the bell as the team entered…, Keep up to date with the latest finals series information. In 20 matches between the two sides between 2008 and 2017, 12 were decided by less than 10 points, with Geelong victorious in 11 of those 12 close games.[12]. We're aware of the conversations that take place. It was a strong response by your guys. Steve Sobey cannot be replaced. [3] Geelong participated in the first football competition in Australia and was a foundation club of both the Victorian Football Association (VFA) in 1877 and the Victorian Football League (VFL) in 1897, now the national AFL. 'Jordy' loves the club. The Cats have been the VFL/AFL premiers nine times, with three in the AFL era (since 1990). What happened five years ago, like, I mean I could be wrong. There's not that many Tom Hawkins and Charlie Dixons around and Mason Cox has played a role for us and been a bit of a target for us in front of the ball. So the job is not done. I'm talking about the synergy - was that lack of confidence?A: I don't think we ever gave ground or lost belief that we were going to be able to work our way through it. It was later revealed that after the 2008 grand final, Paul Chapman initiated a pact between other Geelong players to never lose to Hawthorn again. It's just been that year for everyone. Presented by the Gordon. Surgery just eight days ago, how did the finger hold up for you tonight?A: It's good. There's a reason why. We wanted to switch the ball, control the ball and obviously go forward at the right times. He's a star. As one of the most respectable family clubs in the AFL, it would be a travesty to lose such an important icon for our great club. Since 2007, the clubs have again both been at the top of the ladder and have met regularly in finals. In 1953, Collingwood ended Geelong's record 23-game winning streak in the home and away season, and later defeated them by 12 points in the grand final, denying the Cats a third successive premiership. We think he's a likely type. You know, we will - we will find the positives and we will go forward from this. Today, via the Geelong Addy, we were devastated to learn that Steve Sobey, the loyal man in the suit who had been volunteering for 25 years and over 500 games as the beloved Geelong Cats mascot “Half Cat" sadly has been given his kitty cat marching orders from his GMHBA Stadium home and we the Geelong Cats members, supporters and AFL community in general wish to express our total shock and dismay at this decision. The Geelong Football Club fielded a reserves team in both of these competitions, allowing players who were not selected for the senior team to play for Geelong in the lower grade. Most would say it isn't. But an English study has some clues. We knew we didn't play the footy we wanted. I think as is always the case they should get the credit for setting up the game the way they did. That might be a target area. Joel speaks from the rooms after the Semi Final win over the Pies. This service may include material from Agence France-Presse (AFP), APTN, Reuters, AAP, CNN and the BBC World Service which is copyright and cannot be reproduced. I'm open to the possibility that I'm wrong. Whether it's forward or back we think he has attributes to both. I thought I was in the game and provided and got some opportunities but I just didn't convert. We wanted to come out and respond. We wanted to make sure we try to play that way. Unlike all other Victorian AFL clubs, Geelong has never operated in a reserves affiliation with an existing VFL club, having instead operated its stand-alone reserves team continuously. You know, we have kept finding a way this year for the most part. You know I mean he's been a skipper for so long. But you know - there's risk. Did the team take that personally at all?A: It's hard for me to answer. It's hard to get these opportunities and it comes with - you know, it does come with some pain. Geelong's traditional navy blue and white hooped guernsey has been worn since the club's inception in the mid-1800s. The score review decided it was a goal. Presented by Bendigo…, Zach Tuohy takes the mic around the rooms. Every team has known it. Only the first verse is used at matches and by the team after a victory. Geelong Football Club. These numbers refer to the club's overall finishing position that season. Tom Hawkins and Erin Hoare teach Half Cat about how healthy foods can help our brain…, Grab the kids and read along with AFLW player Anna Teague. A lot we couldn't go and Geelong were a lot sharper than us inside. I know you want to sit back and relax and enjoy this for a moment. They got it back off us when we had it for the few times that we did. The club trains here during the season, however it also trains at its alternate training venue, Deakin University's Elite Sport Precinct. The team is composed of both reserves players from the club's primary and rookie AFL lists, and a separately maintained list of players eligible only for VFL matches. It was just the second time Collingwood had managed just one first-half scoring shot in 2,567 VFL-AFL matches, having registered the same tally in the 1960 grand final. Make it a little more stable. AEST = Australian Eastern Standard Time which is 10 hours ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), Tigers knock Saints out of finals, Tom Lynch set to face match review scrutiny, Forget the past and ignore the future, Geelong's time is now, Penrith reach first NRL grand final since 2003 with thrilling win over South Sydney, Geelong through to AFL grand final after convincing win over Brisbane, The Brownlow Medal will look different this year — here's everything you need to know, Record lap puts Cameron Waters into pole position after Bathurst shootout, Is it going to rain at Bathurst? You feel like that when you get ambushed. Geelong coach Chris Scott spoke to the media after his team's emphatic victory over Collingwood... Q: After an incredible home-and-away season there was a so-called 'monkey on your back' in terms of finals. The shorter quarters are certainly helping me this year, a bit more fatigue in the game. Disappointed coming off last week. In 2008 Grand Final, Geelong was the heavily backed favourite and had lost only one match for the season, but Hawthorn upset Geelong by 26 points; Geelong won its next eleven matches against Hawthorn over the following five years, under a curse, which was dubbed the "Kennett curse" which was attributed to disrespectful comments made by Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett following the 2008 Grand Final.