The father of 7 children, two of his daughters each presented an eulogy to their father. He taught us all that it can be a good thing to never grow up. Most people don't know what to say at the end of a funeral, so all that matters is you honor the person you are eulogizing in a way the group can relate to. Friends and family members will remember these words and can even keep a copy as a memento. We are pretty sure that the Tide pen was invented for our family. Ralph (Sundown to some) really did celebrate life. Some of my siblings have not enjoyed this dessert since – most likely because they’ve yet to find anyone who can make it as well. He knew everything. Our dad was a man of many talents – I’d like to mention just a few: Aviation, charity work, cooking, acting, the arts and education. Silence would immediately ensue. How can I say goodbye to a piece of me? Father-in-law eulogy examples have been proven time and time again to help grieving persons come up with very beautiful eulogy speeches…yet not many people make the most out of them. Beautiful words, you read this at his funeral? Thank you for giving me Eleanor. He was proud of his disgusting ability to “svitz” and loved the sport. No subject was too obscure for my dad. Dad liked to vacuum. Sample Eulogy for Father. If the deceased was a traditionalist or you weren't super close, look for a, For fans of country music, there are tons of, Capture the shared feeling of sadness with a. Of course, being the apple of my dad’s eye, I rarely heard this. My dad left when I was ten, and never looked back. If he was funny then you might want to think about writing a funny eulogy for your dad. I remember Dad rescuing one (after a short chase in the back alley) and taking her home in the car’s trunk. The end of any eulogy should be heartfelt, whether it's sad, uplifting, or funny. If you’re looking for eulogy examples for a father, this speech about a man who spent some years “butting heads” with his son is a heart warming place to start. Jock never tired of walking with his dog-grandpa, but Barkley finally did. My dad loved to laugh. Dad thought it was a weed and promptly pulled it out before Mom could enjoy even one stalk of asparagus from that plant. However this was a blessing too because it taught me why people have middle names. Growing up, Mom was the disciplinarian – Dad was the softie. © 2020 Humor life blog / All Fooked Up. Kevin felt he would win easily but he was no match for the champion spitter that was my father. When we needed information, he knew the answer. If either one of those descriptions applies to you, i would suggest you start drinking before you read this blog.