Oluokun (hamstring) did not participate during Wednesday's practice session, Kelsey Conway of the Falcons' official site reports. Then, all of a sudden, adversity struck. This appears to be a new issue, but it's good news that he's still on the field ahead of Sunday's matchup versus the Vikings. Where do Atlanta Falcons go after another epic meltdown? The phonetic spellings in this guide will help you correctly pronounce all of those difficult names. After ending his collegiate career with an Ancient Eight title, Oluokun wasted no time in taking whatever steps necessary to make it to the professional stage. Oluokun entered his 2013 rookie campaign with high expectations to perform well on a defense that ranked seventh in the Ancient Eight the fall before, and the St. Louis native lived up to the hype. Quinn was referring to Yale football alumnus and sixth-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, Foye Oluokun ’18. Oluokun racked up 14 tackles, including one tackle for loss during Sunday's 23-16 loss to the Panthers. 1720 - Maria Teresa Agnesi Pinottini - Italian harpsichord player and composer (d. 1795), 1725 - John Wilkes - English journalist and politician (d. 1797), 1729 - Pierre-Alexandre Monsigny - French composer (d. 1817), 1760 - Claude Henri de Rouvroy, comte de Saint-Simon - French economist and philosopher (d. 1825), 1811 - Albertus van Raalte - Dutch-American pastor (d. 1876), NAMEANING © 2014 • about us • contact us • privacy policy. “I viewed myself as an undrafted free agent, especially because I came out of a small school, so I wasn’t sure how much film they had watched of me,” Oluokun said to the media after a training camp session in August. Foyesade Oluokun is an American Football defensive back for the Yale Bulldogs. Oluokun has regularly had his practice reps capped while dealing with injuries this season, and a knee issue kept him to three limited sessions this week. While his performance against the Cowboys may have been an eye-opener for Falcons fans, it was merely reaffirmation for Yale fans. Nonetheless, Oluokun looks set to draw his usual start at linebacker in Minnesota. Oluokun began his football career as a linebacker at John Burroughs School, a premier college-preparatory school located in Ladue, Missouri. Oluokun Soul Urge, Latest on Atlanta Falcons linebacker Foyesade Oluokun including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN “Our players go on to do some pretty amazing things,” Yale football head coach Tony Reno said. Jared Fel 1:33 am, Oct 12, 2020, Surbhi Bharadwaj, Staff Photographer and Courtesy of Yale Athletics. Where he played basketball, soccer and other outdoor activities. This is especially true when it comes to the NFL Draft, where there are always a number of prospects whose monikers present unique verbal challenges. Foyesade Oluokun (born August 2, 1995) is an American football linebacker for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL). They were not going to take no for an answer, and they were going to exhaust all areas necessary to make sure they had a chance to play professionally.”. “So he transitioned to a position that he had never played in his career before: tight end. The third-year pro exited early in Week 2 after logging 18 defensive snaps, six tackles and three forced fumbles, but he'll likely handle a full workload if he's healthy. I was ready to do whatever it took to make the team.”, Graham’s path: A positional switch and a breakout senior season. Former classmate Jaeden Graham ’18 plays alongside Oluokun in Atlanta, and the pair constitute Yale’s two active alumni playing in the NFL. Although he did not receive an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine during his last semester at Yale, Oluokun did participate in drills at a Pro Day with 20 NFL scouts in attendance that Fordham hosted, according to ESPN. During week three, Olukun suffered a pectoral tear in his chest, and the Yale star was forced to miss the remaining seven games of the season. In an upset of the New Orleans Saints on November 10, 2019, Oluokun led the defense with seven solo tackles and one assisted tackle as the Falcons won 26-9. “[Graham and Oluokun] are incredible athletes, but they are where they are now with the Falcons because of who they are as people,” Rawlings said. Nevertheless, the same resolve and tenacity Graham exhibited when transitioning to a completely new position would be on full display yet again, as he worked his way onto three NFL mini-camps: first the Oakland Raiders, followed by the Detroit Lions and finally the Atlanta Falcons, with the Falcons deciding to sign the undrafted Graham to a spot on their practice squad. Oluokun began his college football career at Yale. ….. “Lock-uh-chur”, Afolabi Laguda, Colorado ….. “ah-foe-lobby | la-goo-duh“, Chris Lammons, South Carolina ….. “luh-MONZ”, Marcell Lazard, Boston College ….. “Lah-zard”, Nifae Lealao, Vanderbilt ….. “Knee-FY | Lee-AL-O“, Lowell Lotulelei, Utah ….. “lo-too-LEH-lay”, Shawun Lurry, Northern Illinois ….. “Sha-WAHN | LURR-ee”, Jordan Mailata, South Sydney (AUS) ….. “My-Uh-Lotta”, Hercules Mata’afa, Washington St. ….. “MAH-Tah-AH-FAH”, Kishawn McClain, North Texas ….. “KEY-shawn“, Pharoah McKever, Florida International ….. “FAIR-row | mac-KEE-vehr”, Filipo Mokofisi, Utah ….. “fill-ee-po | moko-fee-see“, Airius Moore, North Carolina St. ….. “AIR-ee-us”, Andrew Motuapuaka, Virginia Tech ….. “mo-TOO-uh-poo-WAH-kuh“, Siran Neal, Jacksonville St. ….. “suh-RAN”, Detrez Newsome, Western Carolina ….. “duh-TREZ”, Deatrick Nichols, South Florida ….. “DEE-trick”, Hunter Niswander, Northwestern ….. “NICE-wander”, Uchenna Nwosu, USC ….. “oo-CHEN-uh | noo-WOE-sue”, Chikwe Obasih, Wisconsin ….. “CHEEK-way | oh-BAH-shee“, Ebenezer Ogundeko, Tennessee St. ….. “oh-guhn-DEH-koh”, Jacob Ohnesorge, South Dakota St. ….. “oh-nuh-SORE-jee”, Chukwuma Okorafor, Western Michigan ….. “chuck-WOO-muh | oh-KOR-uh-for“, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma ….. “oag-BON-ya | oak-RON-quo”, Foyesade Oluokun, Yale ….. “FOY-eh-sa-day | oh-LOU-a-con”, Peyton Pelluer, Washington St. ….. “PELL-loo-er“, Jamiyus Pittman, Central Florida ….. “jah-MY-iss”, Austin Proehl, North Carolina ….. “PROLE”, Scott Quessenberry, San Jose St. ….. “QUIZ-en-berry”, Martinas Rankin, Mississippi St. ….. “Mar-TEE-nus”, Ramon Richards, Oklahoma St. ….. “ruh-MOAN”, Jashon Robertson, Tennessee ….. “JAY-shon”, Bunmi Rotimi, Old Dominion ….. “BOOM-ee | Row-tee-me”, Diocemy Saint Juste, Hawaii ….. “DEE-awesome-ME | saint just”, Deadrin Senat, South Florida ….. “deed-RIN | SENATE”, Cam Serigne, Wake Forest. The third-year linebacker battled through an oblique injury during the practice week to pick up his fourth game appearance of 2020, subsequently obliterating his previous single-game high of 10 tackles during the divisional defeat.