1. Talking to Brooklyn Vegan last month, Bear said that he set out “to make a bunch of instrumental explorations, follow intuitions, and see what might take shape.” Stream the album below. Ad Choices, Grizzly Bear’s Christopher Bear Announces Debut Solo Album, Shares New Song: Listen, The drummer and multi-instrumentalist, who records as Fools, is releasing, A daily roundup of the most important stories in music, Julie Byrne and Jefre Cantu-Ledesma Share New Song “Love’s Refrain”: Listen, Rostam Shares Video for New Song “Unfold You”: Watch, Jon Gibson, Minimalist Composer, Dead at 80, Lana Del Rey Shares New Song “Let Me Love You Like a Woman”: Listen, Bill Callahan and Bonnie “Prince” Billy Cover Dave Rich’s “I’ve Made Up My Mind”: Listen, 7 Albums Out This Week You Should Listen to Now, MGMT Remix Django Django’s “Spirals”: Listen, Christopher Bear, September 2017 (Katie Stratton/Getty Images). 01 Rintocco02 Source03 Aeg Old04 Deefyfe05 Snodae06 Metaqua07 Nnuunn08 Terz09 Dolpherde, © 2020 Condé Nast. Christopher Bear (born July 19, 1982) is a drummer and multi-instrumentalist member of the Brooklyn-based indie-rock group Grizzly Bear.. Bear joined the group with singer Ed Droste for contributions on their first record, Horn of Plenty.He also contributed to Earl Greyhound's self-titled EP in 2004.. Also very stoked on the usage of @palladingdong ‘s magical artwork. © 2020 NME is a member of the media division of BandLab Technologies. 1 – The Butcher Shoppe Sessions, Christopher Bear Of Grizzly Bear Releases Debut Fools Album. When I set out to start making this collection of music last summer, the intention was simple and open ended… to make a bunch of instrumental explorations, follow intuitions, and see what might take shape. Christopher Bear is a multi-instrumentalist, composer, and music producer based in Los Angeles, CA. Bear, who records under the name Fools, will release Fools’ Harp Vol. Fools’ Harp Vol. The album is titled ‘Fools Harp Vol. Grizzly Bear might’ve started off as an Ed Droste solo project in its earliest days, but drummer and multi-instrumentalist Christopher Bear joined up shortly thereafter, becoming the first full non-Droste member of the band. Grizzly Bear drummer Christopher Bear has announced his first solo release under the name Fools.It's called Fools' Harp Vol. Below, hear a new song called “Deefyfe.”, “When I set out to start making this collection of music last summer, the intention was simple and open ended... to make a bunch of instrumental explorations, follow intuitions, and see what might take shape,” Christopher Bear wrote on Instagram. While studying jazz and music production at both the New School and New York University, Christopher met his three future bandmates who, over the span of the following 15 years, would go on to create 5 full length albums and tour the world extensively as Grizzly Bear. The world was in a very different place, but some of the meditative and self-reflective qualities I found in making the music feel especially relevant today as I find myself seeking comfort in briefly transporting to another world during these unknown times. 1. The album is titled ‘Fools Harp Vol. youtu.be/NvycoHMmJkk To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. All rights reserved. Christopher Bear Of Grizzly Bear Releases Debut Fools Album Fools’ Harp Vol. Recently, Bear released a cover of ‘Ida Lupino’ by Carla Bley on April 1, also under the Fools alias. Bear took to Instagram to break the news. I figured I’d wind up printing a few more tape copies and putting them up on Bandcamp, but was delighted and flattered to hear back from Music From Memory with an interest in putting out the release. 1 on May 18 via Music From Memory. “The world was in a very different place, but some of the meditative and self-reflective qualities I found in making the music feel especially relevant today as I find myself seeking comfort in briefly transporting to another world during these unknown times.”. Bear is now releasing solo music under the name Fools — maybe "Chris Bear" looked too awesome on an album cover — and he's released the hazy instrumental LP Fools' Harp Vol. About. Open Mike Eagle – Anime Trauma And Divorce, Sturgill Simpson – Cuttin’ Grass Vol. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20) and Your California Privacy Rights. “Strange times to be announcing more music releases, but happy to see this making it’s way out into the world,” he wrote. Instead, the record full of tingly vibraphones and warm synth-tones and welcoming, relaxing ambiance. Bear … “When I set out to start making this collection of music last summer, the intention was simple and open ended… to make a bunch of instrumental explorations, follow intuitions, and see what might take shape. Pitchfork may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Grizzly Bear drummer Christopher Bear has announced his first solo record, as BrooklynVegan notes. The track can be found on Bandcamp. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Grizzly Bear drummer Christopher Bear has announced his debut solo album under the moniker Fools. Read “The Music of High Maintenance Isn’t Your Dad’s Stoner Jams” on the Pitch. I have been a longtime fan of their deep and inspiring catalogue, so much gratitude to Jamie & Tako for including me… I am truly honored.”. Strange times to be announcing more music releases, but happy to see this making it’s way out into the world. Bear also shared a new single and snippets from the album. 1 and it comes out May 18 via Music From Memory. I have been a longtime fan of their deep and inspiring catalogue, so much gratitude to Jamie & Tako for including me… I am truly honored. Grizzly Bear’s latest album, Painted Ruins, arrived in 2017. Bear is now releasing solo music under the name Fools — maybe “Chris Bear” looked too awesome on an album cover — and he’s released the hazy instrumental LP Fools’ Harp Vol. I figured I'd wind up printing a few more tape copies and putting them up on bandcamp, but was delighted and flattered to hear back from @music_from_memory with an interest in putting out the release. Chris writes:. 1 … Music from Memory’s website also features two and a half minute snippets from each song on the album, which you can listen to here.