Definitely not the cool kid at school but one of the more interesting kids. “We might end up doing a little bridge episode,” Zendaya said during an August appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Editors handpick every product that we feature. Before Season 1 even ended, HBO picked up Euphoria for a second season in mid-July 2019. Again, there’s no official confirmation of exactly who will return just yet but, apart from Zendaya, it seems likely that most, if not all, of the main characters will be present in season two. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. We may earn a commission through links on our site. The world's defining voice in music and pop culture since 1952. However, creator Sam Levinson has confirmed she’s very much still alive and “has a big journey ahead of her”. Which is to say, its been a roaring success. "I think she learns from experiencing things. “I literally can’t wait. So keep an eye on her account. DARIAN: Male. “Thank you for these incredible creations and performances.”. That may seem optimistic, but keep in mind that some production on Season 2 has been happening for quite some time. Men's Health participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Fresh on the heels of Zendaya's history-making win at the 72nd Annual Emmys—the 24-year-old actress snagged the Lead Actress in a Drama Series trophy for her portrayal of teen addict Rue Bennett—HBO has confirmed that the pieces are finally falling into place for the series's second highly-anticipated season. ), But Bloys also confirmed to Deadline that to help bridge the extremely long gap between seasons 1 and 2, production is planning a “special COVID episode.”. Talks shit. After a long delay due to COVID, and on the heels of an Emmy win for its star, Zendaya, it seems like Season 2 of Euphoria is finally back on track. Can’t say thank you enough for the support we’ve seen, wow… https://t.co/XJtdQaWaL9. We can also expect to see the rest of the regular cast, including Maude Apatow (Lexi), Hunter Schafer (Jules), Jacob Elordi (Nate), Angus Cloud (Fezco), Alexa Demie (Maddy), Barbie Ferreira (Kat), Storm Reid (Gia), Algee Smith (Chris), Sydney Sweeney (Cassie) and Eric Dane (Cal). And waiting for all of it to calm down.”, “I think everyone is hoping that [production] will be back sometime this summer, but they also don’t want to rush anything just in case. “There is an idea to do a couple of bridge episodes that can be shot safely but aren’t necessarily part of season two,” she said. Could struggle with addiction. 2, Love True Crime? "Incredible" is certainly one way to describe it. Sweeney added: “Cassie is a very real, relatable girl. Drizzy served as one of Euphoria’s executive producers on season one, but it’s unclear at the moment whether he’ll be involved in the follow-up series or not. @euphoria FINALE is on hbo tonight bitter sweet!! However, production halted early-on due to the coronavirus pandemic, with Cassie Howard actress Sydney Sweeney explaining that they are hoping things will start up again in the summer. “I don’t really know how to describe it, but an episode that we can do with a limited amount of people in a safer environment so we have something to live on until we are able to go into Season 2.”. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. This content is imported from Instagram. No Zendaya in sight, but there’s still high chances she’ll be on board. Season 2 will likely follow suit with season 1, which was eight episodes total. “I truly don’t have any qualms about which direction it goes. Early 2021. There’s so many aspects of her storyline and life that different girls and people can relate to, whether it’s a broken home, alcoholic parents, relationships with boys, slut-shaming…she’s still trying to figure out who she is as a person, and I think that as time goes on you’ll slowly see Cassie figure herself out – or figure herself out less.”. © 2020 NME is a member of the media division of BandLab Technologies. Yes. Sort of – a first look at season two of Euphoria was shared as part of HBO’s big 2020 preview trailer. Not verbose or educated – has all the words he needs. There are also plenty of narrative arcs – Nate’s sexuality, Cassie and McKay’s relationship, Gia’s growing rebelliousness, Kat and Ethan’s future together and whether Kat is still working as a camgirl, and what happened to Jules after Rue left her on the train – that haven’t been rounded off yet.