The Durham Police Department works together with the community to minimize crime, promote safety and enhance the quality of life in our city. At the time multiple sources confirmed to CTV News Toronto that former Toronto Police Deputy Chief Mike Federico was appointed as an administrator for the force in the interim and that Durham Regional Police Chief Paul Martin had been stripped of some of his responsibilities. man uses the force to make a working lightsaber.

View Records for the time period: Last 24 Hours. Authorities say the homicide remains under investigation. In a statement sent Tuesday evening, Ringuette said that the Office of the Solicitor General has confidence in the OCPC to investigation the allegations. Your existing password has not been changed. A resident found the two men and administered Narcan in an attempt to save their lives. Send me promotions, surveys and info from 680 NEWS and other Rogers brands. Durham Regional Police Chief Paul Martin is seen in this undated photograph. “It would be inappropriate to comment further while this matter is both before OCPC and the court.”. In another incident that day, police said they were called to a Pickering residence where a 50-year-old man and a 35-year-old woman had been found unconscious. “The numbers have gone up, which is surprising,” Wirtz said. homebuyers shocked after hot tub removed before closing, Hamilton, Ont. Canada's first interactive police web site.

READ MORE: In some cases, a mixture of Fentanyl and another drug was also the cause. I understand that I can withdraw my consent at any time.
They said an adult male was shot while standing outside and that the suspect or suspects fled on foot. Want to discuss? Enter your email below and we'll send you another email. During the R.I.D.E. Find it at one of these pumpkin patches . Impaired driving calls increase in Durham. According to Durham police, the number of impaired driving calls in 2019 has gone up substantially — reporting a 19 per cent increase over 2018’s numbers. The Durham Regional Police Service is calling for a review into the actions of a civilian police oversight agency that appointed an administrator to oversee the service. “The timely use of Narcan in many instances probably saved multiple lives,” police said. Rogers Media uses cookies for personalization, to customize its online advertisements, and for other purposes.

If you have any questions or comments, please contact the Sheriff's Office at (919) 560-0897 or. By checking this box, I agree to the terms of service and privacy policy of Rogers Media. Durham police say they responded to a “usually high level” of drug overdose calls over the span of 36 hours, one of which resulted in the death of a man. Last month, the Ontario Civilian Police Commission (OCPC), one of three civilian police oversight agencies in the province, launched a full investigation into allegations of corruption and misconduct involving senior members of the force. “It’s good in one aspect that our residents are actively involved — they’re participating in roadway safety — but the numbers are concerning as well because some of those do translate into impaired driving arrests,” he said. Enter your email address to get a new one.
Last 30 Days. We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us.