A few decent artists had recorded his songs over the years: George Benson, The Captain & Tennille, Syreeta Wright, Lou Rawls. In December, Disney promoted the reboot with a video featuring the new DuckTales cast—among them Danny Pudi, Ben Schwartz, and David Tennant—tackling the theme song. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. “My friends and family asked me to sing it everywhere we went,” he says. [1][2] An animated theatrical spin-off film based on the series, DuckTales The Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp, was released widely in the United States on August 3, 1990. At the bottom is Gregg Karukas (demo engineer, synths) in his garage studio.

From the awards race to the box office, with everything in between: get the entertainment industry's must-read newsletter. Animation Lookback: Walt Disney Animation Studios +, Animation Lookback: Walt Disney Animation Studios +/Transcript, DuckTales The Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp, https://edp.fandom.com/wiki/DuckTales?oldid=6333. Chapter Text. In accordance with Disney’s instructions, Mueller injected as much thrilling comic-book imagery into the lyrics as possible, conjuring a dizzying array of tempestuous weather, speeding vehicles, sci-fi gadgetry—and ducks: “Life is like a hurricane—”“Here in Duckburg.”“Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes—”“It’s a duck blur.”. Mueller is still working as a songwriter, and still gets royalties when the show airs, anywhere in the world. Based on Carl Barks' Uncle Scrooge comic book series, it premiered on September 18, 1987 and ended on November 28, 1990 with a total of four seasons and 100 episodes. It premiered on September 18, 1987 and ended on November 28, 1990 with a total of four seasons and 100 episodes. For Pescetto, there was a time when DuckTales felt more like an albatross. Mueller’s agent recommended that he shouldn’t get his hopes up. Still, it is a quote that people do get wrong. ), The bridge contains one of the more cunning key changes of the 80s, subliminally upping the ante for the final chorus.

That day on South Beverly Drive, the chords, the melody, the lyrics—verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge—came pouring out of him. spoof, starring Webby Vanderquack and a Beagle Boy. Life is like a hurricane,Here in Duckburg;Race cars, lasers, aeroplanesIt’s a duck blur. 8/15/17. (Compare it to Bon Jovi’s “Livin’ on a Prayer,” recorded around the same time, whose key change catapults its vocalist into the stratosphere.). Important secondary characters, that often take part in the adventures, include Donald Duck, Scrooge's pilot Launchpad McQuack and butler Duckworth, the inventor Gyro Gearloose, and the nanny Mrs. Beakley and her granddaughter Webby. Brothers and sisters: Joan, born 1558, died before 1569. You can listen to the DuckTales theme done a capella or with wailing power-metal vocals, as Hungarian power pop, ska-tinged rock or in the style of an 8-bit video-game chiptune track, performed by a brass band or the clarinets section of the Penn State Blue Band. some stories are original or based on Barks' comic book series, others “It was actually a pretty surreal experience,” says Stafford. Although some stories are original, others are pastiches on classical stories or legends, including characters based on either fictional or historical persons. And I’m 100 percent O.K. “I have such a nostalgic soft spot when it comes to DuckTales the cartoon, that to actually work on the theme song was a little confusing at times. He had stacks of cassettes of demos for songs no one wanted. DuckTales được chú ý vì có nhiều tài liệu tham khảo về văn hóa đại chúng, bao gồm Shakespeare, Jack the Ripper, thần thoại Hy Lạp, James Bond, Indiana Jones và Sherlock Holmes. Those crucial first and third lines employ a rhythmic meter called catalectic trochaic tetrameter, a rare scheme that Shakespeare uses for the lines of the fairies in Midsummer Night’s Dream (“Through the forest have I gone”). .

Robot Chicken Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. (Mueller and Karukas also experimented with more overtly quack-like sounds. Is it “woo-hoo” or “woo-oo”? Jokes on her. Aunt Magica was so proud that I finally did something "evil." “‘Woo-hoo’ or ‘woo-oo’ or ‘a-woo-hoo,’ it’s just supposed to sound and feel fun. The arrival of the chorus is an ecstatic event. And, before long, duck inspiration did strike. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. (Judge Julianne Hough praised Hernandez’s performance: “You are Disney’s Beyoncé!”) And, if you visit Marie’s Crisis piano bar in Manhattan, there’s a chance you’ll find yourself in the midst of a giddy sing-along version of it, as I did recently. The viewer follows the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his three great-nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie. Most importantly, Disney’s music executives explained, they were after a poppy, radio song—not a “cartoon song.”. ), One of his dearest memories of the experience is of a letter he received in 1987, from the mother of an autistic child.

“A group of guys from England walked up and said, ‘We heard your voice and knew right away that it was the guy who sings the DuckTales theme song.’ They were so excited to meet me. Thirty years after DuckTales first aired, in September 1987, Disney’s reboot will premiere on Saturday, August 12—with a one-hour TV movie titled Woo-oo! .

“These days, I am very proud of the fact that DuckTales theme has touched so many people. The show follows the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his three grandnephews, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Finally, there are three more impassioned declarations of “DuckTales,” plus one instance of “. “Sometimes they won’t know my pop hits.” (For one, Mueller co-wrote Jennifer Paige’s 1998 hit “Crush.”) “But almost everywhere I’ve gone, people know DuckTales. The whole thing lasts just one hot minute. . Important secondary characters, that often take part in the adventures, include Donald Duck, Scrooge's pilot Launchpad McQuack and butler Duckworth, the inventor Gyro Gearloose, and the nanny Mrs. Beakley and her granddaughter Webby. Disney tried out other, more high-profile singers at considerable cost, Pescetto remembers, before finally deciding his demo vocals were the best of the lot.

If he were more self-conscious, he probably wouldn’t have found himself exclaiming “woo-hoo” at the top of his voice. Even so, the 30-year-old’s songwriting career had mainly consisted of a series of near-misses. “I wasn’t very proud of that. He’d also tickled the ivories for the incidental music in Cheers. Regular episodes begin airing September 23 on Disney XD. “A recent favorite of mine was a Polish guitar school with 28 kids playing it,” he says. Mueller was paid “a whopping $1,250” for the song, he says. Nostalgia plays a part too. (Thirty years after Pescetto laid down his version, this was Felicia Barton’s favorite bit to sing.

Electric Dragon Productions Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. Ducktales, Season One, Episode Eighteen: "Much Ado about Scrooge" "Spoof of William Shakespeare's 'Much Ado about Nothing," sez a Wikipedia entry written by someone who hasn't the remotest clue what "Much Ado about Nothing" is about. And it did—albeit with modified lyrics. One video, with 1.1 million views, pairs the unaltered original music with the clip for “Single Ladies.” Another video, with seven times as many views as that one, re-creates the opening sequence with actual ducklings. At last count, a search for “DuckTales theme” on YouTube provided 362,000 results. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. As if rallying for the euphoric victory lap, the horns thrash out a furious flurry of notes—technically demanding, especially for Reichenbach on trombone, and most audible in the instrumental end-credits theme. Well, 'til I changed it, anyway.

It begins with a bopping bass line—octave-jumping quarter notes and an eighth-note syncopation, a close relative of the attention-seizing intros of Hall & Oates’s “You Make My Dreams Come True” (1980) and Kenny Loggins’s “Footloose” (1984). At that time, he was playing in contemporary instrumental bands around town, including with a young Kenny G in a group called The Rippingtons—the beginnings of smooth jazz. In a category of its own, in 2016, Laurie Hernandez jived to the theme on Dancing with the Stars. There’s a R&B slow-jam rendition, and a soulful bedroom performance by a pre-fame Darren Criss, as well as the seemingly endless versions performed on solo acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, piano, and drums, plus one done entirely in animal noises. “Ever since, this tune has been stuck in my head at least a few times per week. DuckTales is an American animated television series produced by Walt Disney Television Animation. The most notable antagonists in the series are the Beagle Boys, the witch Magica De Spell, and the industrialist Flintheart Glomgold.

Roughly translated, the opening lines of the Norwegian version are “Come along … meet an acquaintance. Only in Korea, and only for a time, did the show have a completely different theme song: a nauseating little ditty, replete with irritating quacking noises and performed by children. Mueller could be as loud as he liked: his downstairs neighbors, two elderly sisters named Fern and Evelyn, were hard of hearing. The rebooted DuckTales theme was arranged by Michael “Smidi” Smith and TJ Stafford, with former American Idol contestant Felicia Barton on lead vocals. are pastiches It was the first American cartoon broadcast in the former Soviet Union after the Cold War; in Hungary, those born in the early-to-mid 80s are known as “the DuckTales generation” (Kacsamesék generáció). That unfortunateness aside, Mueller’s theme song was free to become a global phenomenon. Although There’s just one last thing to clear up. Psychological studies tell us that the more often we hear a song, the more likely we are to enjoy it. The music made me feel the feelings I had as a child rushing home and watching the cartoon, yet I had to act like an adult and take it seriously.”, “My only note to Felicia during the production process,” says Smith, “was, ‘Sing it like you can’t believe that you are singing the DuckTales theme song.’ She did it, and absolutely killed it.”. An animated theatrical spin-off film based on the series, DuckTales The Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp, was released widely in the United States on August 3, 1990. They wanted a sense of adventure and excitement, a tune that would complement the technicolor energy of the show itself. To this date, I am probably best known as the singer of the DuckTales theme song.”, Immediately afterward, Pescetto went on to sing the themes to Chip ’n Dale: Rescue Rangers, also composed by Mueller, and Darkwing Duck. You never know where your songs will go and what impact they will have.”, Mueller has also held onto a gift he received from Disney around that time: a DuckTales poster, emblazoned with the words “Disney is Forever.” “At the time, I didn’t think twice about it,” says Mueller. . As a piece of music, the DuckTales theme has an extraordinary tendency, as neurologist Oliver Sacks described the phenomenon in his book Musicophilia, to “bore its way, like an earwig, into the ear or mind.” Its irresistible earworminess is so notorious that it was once the subject of an (admittedly slight) Onion joke. on classical stories or legends, including characters based on either