I mean, yes, I am surprised, but I'm also glad," Deidre said. I mean - does he tell you what to cook for supper and what to wear? He gave her the look, the one she knew was meant to remind her of his rules, before he dumped the bottle into the sink. irXariis, broad; pianta thus meant a spreading shoot or sucker). He ached to show her how much she meant to him, to open her closed vision of him and his world and show her the beauty that made him fight as he did. Ashley was okay, and Jessi would do anything to keep her that way, even if it meant robbing some stranger named Xander. 4 The coronation of one French adventurer and the conduct of another, whom the first was unable to control, meant the ruin of the kingdom; and Saladin at last delivered in full force his longdeferred attack. It was not meant for the physicians, and was certainly little read by them, as Celsus is quoted by no medical writer, and when referred to by Pliny, is spoken of as an author not a physician. round one of the armies, but what is precisely meant by the phrase is obscure. In the mean time, there were moms who needed babysitters. I mean, the deity we knew would never dye her hair the color of a water sprite's. The old prince knew that if he told his daughter she was making a mistake and that Anatole meant to flirt with Mademoiselle Bourienne, Princess Mary's self-esteem would be wounded and his point (not to be parted from her) would be gained, so pacifying himself with this thought, he called Tikhon and began to undress. I mean nothing to you, like I meant nothing to her? What did it mean that he didn't have to be there but chose to? Q : Do you mean that we need a new president? I don't know what I mean except I can't stop dreaming of little children, all hurt and bleeding and I don't want to see them because it hurts too much, but I can't block them out! Soc. They made their way to a small group at one side of the bar and squeezed their way into a booth meant for four and already holding four. The Aegithognathae, meant to comprise the passeres, woodpeckers and swifts, &c., are really schizognathous but with a vomer which is broadly truncated in front. "Do you mean that Princess Ozma will see this cave in her enchanted picture, and see all of us here, and what we are doing?" Her parents never appreciated what that meant, but she did. All Rights Reserved, Using Do vs. When told that Jesus walked on the sea to meet His disciples, she said, decidedly, "It does not mean WALKED, it means SWAM.". Whether through jealous y of the ascendancy which Turgot had acquired over the king, or through the natural incompatibility of their characters, he was already inclined to take sides against Turgot, and the reconciliation between him and the queen, which took place about this time, meant that he was henceforth the tool of the Polignac clique and the Choiseul party. If it is meant to be, you'll find her again. Her heart beat rapidly at what it meant to surrender what had been her one hope to leave Hell. What do you mean; it isn't any of my business? "You mean there's more than me?" Oh, I really did not mean to hurt her feelings. Elisabeth wondered whether he meant that she liked cars or that she could whistle like a guy. No, I mean, you aren't out of control. We may not have made his name public but that doesn't mean no one is looking for him and his motor home. Does that mean that Donnie did cut the rope? "He wasn't being mean to you," Martha said—a ten-year-old schoolmarm. But that doesn't mean he isn't nosy about what's going on. Not, of course, that they meant deliberate evil; Pascal expressly credits them with good intentions. In O'Neill's day, getting a copy of the federal budget meant writing away and buying a hefty paper copy. "I didn't mean to wake you," he whispered as he crawled into bed. Rhyn approached the boundaries of his newest prison – the one meant to keep everyone else on the Caribbean Sanctuary safe from the magic he couldn't control. But Geoffrey hardly did justice to the Normans if he meant to imply that they were simple imitators of others. She was never meant to outlive meeting Gabriel. It felt real, which meant this place was real. This, together with the weakness due to military reforms but recently begun, drove him to rely on foreign aid; which, in the actual conditions of Europe, meant the aid of Russia. We didn't mean to keep all of you waiting. I mean, when Dulce isn't chewing you out. She said she was near the big one-sided McDonald's—she meant the arch. They are always asking: What does this beauty or that music mean to you? In societies where a large percentage of income is necessary just to buy food, having volatile food prices will mean hunger sooner or later, no matter how good the factory jobs are. He considered the incarnation of Christ as the necessary manifestation to man of an eternal sonship in the divine nature, apart from which those filial qualities which God demands from man could have no sanction; by faith as used in Scripture he understood to be meant a certain moral or spiritual activity or energy which virtually implied salvation, because it implied the existence of a principle of spiritual life possessed of an immortal power. asked Speranski quietly, lowering his eyes. I guess that's what they mean by cutting off your nose to spite your face. We'll figure out something. Does that mean if you were willing, he'd refuse? In questions, “do” or “does” usually starts the sentence, but it doesn’t have to. In the mean time, I guess I'll get some studying done. I mean nothing untoward by my demand but there are weapons at your disposal I haven't had time to remove. Wellesley meant to turn the defile of Torres Vedras by Mafra at once if possible; but on this night Sir Harry Burrard, his senior, arrived off Vimiera, and though he did not land, gave instructions to wait for Sir John Moore. Maybe money meant more to him than he confessed. The dictionary definition of “do” actually includes several definitions, like “to perform,” “to bring about,” and “to solve,” while “does” only has one definition. Her draw was not as consuming as Katie.s, which meant she.d have a much better chance of surviving if not every demon and Immortal was drawn to her. I mean, it's one thing to hurt yourself but to hurt someone else is just wrong! She slashed and blocked, soon seeing what Sofi meant. she asked. The money and the farm meant nothing to Carmen. That meant for every pound someone made, he owed more than a pound in taxes. It may be here mentioned that slave was originally a national name; it meant a man of Slavonic race captured and made a bondman to the Germans. This procedure has its advantages, but it may easily become dangerous by destroying the influence of the science it is meant to preserve. She slapped his chest with both hands and laughed, "That's just mean!". She'd felt that level of desperation before and didn't wish it upon the woman meant to be with Gabriel. Surely he didn't mean love in the romantic sense. None of this was meant to say Rita was absent redeeming qualities. He'd never been afraid of anything in his life until that moment when all his power and control meant nothing. Iberians thus meant sometimes the population of the peninsula in general and sometimes, it would appear, the peoples of some definite race (yEvos) which formed one element in that population. Whether he meant that his feelings for her were the same was unclear. Jack and Jill do whatever they want on Tuesdays. I mean, we know how we live and thus, how humans live. She screamed at herself silently, afraid he meant to walk out the door forever. I mean, why would a death dealer be here? The warrior had no intention of avoiding the people he meant to escape. "You mean my scrambled brain waves," Howie said with a smile. And when I say police, I don't just mean Jake Weller. But at this point our investigation is by no means over. She didn't know if it was meant for her or the woman sidling up to him. Even if Lilith wasn't meant to be his mate, she didn't deserve such a brutal death. --for I continued to plant when others had begun to hoe--the ministerial husbandman had not suspected it. before Khammurabi, Anu was regarded as the god of the heavens and his name became in fact synonymous with the heavens, so that in some cases it is doubtful whether, under the term, the god or the heavens is meant. I mean, why else did you want to ask me out to dinner at the end? One scout meant observation; the second, danger. She took in this information, horrified of what it meant to have the gem nestled between her breasts. In questions, “do” or “does” usually starts the sentence, but it doesn’t have to. This meant Jackson hadn't fed in 24 hours. What I meant to say was; it's time to go to bed. Being alone meant she started thinking again, something she didn't want to do. Some things were meant to be - or not to be, and apparently this was one. "Now what does this mean, gentlemen?" Maybe he meant he was sick of all the bickering with his family. It was the only open and cultivated field for a great distance on either side of the road, so they made the most of it; and sometimes the man in the field heard more of travellers' gossip and comment than was meant for his ear: "Beans so late! This rule is convenient on account of its simplicity; and it is sufficiently accurate in view of the necessary uncertainty as to what exactly is meant by resolution. "It will mean more to me than you, at this point, but I am at peace with that," he continued. Rhyn uncurled from his position on the cold, wet ground. Thinking of taking a dive in the lake and not surfacing again, except that it meant she'd lose her soul. I mean, if you had to choose between me and your world? He didn't feel up to the task, not when failure meant breaking the man he viewed as his brother. I don't mean that in a motivational poster kind of way but in a literal sense: Failures (and what we learn from them) will help build the energy solutions for our future. I mean, there are different kinds of love. By "the end of ignorance," I mean a world where everyone everywhere will be able to go through life making wise decisions based on near-perfect information. I mean, you don't have to do anything—we can just sleep, if you want to. byrd or bryd, and in early uses meant the young or nestlings only. Sentences Menu. I don't mean to be insensitive, but I was so busy today that I didn't eat lunch. He teaches how to eat, drink, cohabit, void excrement and urine, and the like, elevating what is mean, and does not falsely excuse himself by calling these things trifles. Kris never knew and never forgave him for killing the woman he meant to take as his mate. “Do” is used for plural subjects like “you,” “we,” “they,” “these,” “those,” or “John and I,” as well as with “I.”Example: They do not like snakes. Right now, they tell me the woman I love is in danger, and you were meant to distract me so someone else could finish her off. Just because Shipton had a key don't mean he used it. We spent time in the underworld together, though if you're human, that might mean … Katie drifted off then glanced at the children. Of course, that didn't mean he wasn't involved. It can, however, fall anywhere else in the sentence. It might mean nothing, but I wanted to tell you. He was very agitated, but I don't think he meant to harm us. And, if first impressions meant anything, as Dean believed they did, this woman was sincerely distraught over her husband's disappearance. So, you mean in a million years we'll have gray hair and wrinkles? This meant a return to an anti-Assyrian policy. asked the horse, jumping to escape a thorn.