The act focused on Donar/Thor’s immense strength, and Derek was able to participate in some incredible stunts. AMERICAN GODS Postmortem: Derek Theler on Playing Thor in “Donar The Great”, AMERICAN GODS 02.07 Recap: “Treasure Of The Sun”, AMERICAN GODS 02.06 Recap: “Donar The Great”, AMERICAN GODS 02.05 Recap: “The Ways of the Dead”, SOUL to Skip Theaters and Premiere on Disney Plus, Enter to win a copy of PRETTY FUNNY FOR A GIRL, Rainbow Rowell reveales ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS Cover, Joy Revolution Imprint to feature Authors and Characters of Color, Details and Author Appearances on Team Underlined Comic-Con@Home Panel, New cast members for Season 2 of HIS DARK MATERIALS, San Diego Comic-Con and WonderCon Officially Canceled for 2020, SDCC 2019 Interviews | The cast of BROOKLYN NINE-NINE, Exclusive Interview with SHADES OF MAGIC VOL. Derek Theler, Actor: Baby Daddy. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer, Marvel's 'New Warriors' Sets Its Cast — Including Squirrel Girl (Exclusive), https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Derek_Theler?oldid=1044689. He grew up playing sports, loved riding motorcycles and graduated from Colorado State with a degree in Pre medicine. For me, while I’m going through the process, and while I’m doing the actual show, I’m trying my absolute hardest to really do the stunts that you see, so it looks like I’m working hard to actually do it, even though I’ve got cables and rigging on me. © Copyright 2020 HollywoodLife, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. Derek Theler is an American actor and model. I really enjoyed every second that I got to wield the hammer.”, ‘American Gods’: Derek Theler Reveals His Reaction To Shocking Thor Twist. Click to Subscribe to Our HollywoodLife Daily Newsletter, Nick Jonas Shows Off His Intense Upper Body & Core Workout Routine To Stay In Shape, Kevin Hart Posts Adorable Photo Of Baby Girl Kaori Mai, 3 Weeks: ‘All I Can Do Is Smile’, How To Dress Like Carole Baskin From ‘Tiger King’ On Halloween For Less Than $40, True Thompson, 2, Hits The Playground With Stormi, 2, For Sweet Cousin Playdate — See Pic, Gabrielle Union, 47, Slays In Plunging Leopard Dress With High Slit For Dinner At Catch — See Pics, ‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’ Cast Then & Now: See Sarah Michelle Gellar & More 23 Years Later, ‘The Goldbergs’ Season 8 Preview: Erica Is Suspicious Of Beverly’s Surprise Trip To Miami, ‘The Boys’: Cameron Crovetti Admits He Was ‘Super Sad’ About Finale Twist & Reveals His Twin’s Secret Role, Zayn Malik Reveals Purple Hair Makeover That Has Gigi Hadid Drooling — See Before & After Pics, This $27 Lipstick Advent Calendar With 27,000 Reviews Makes The Perfect Christmas Gift, Cut Your Hair Styling Time In Half With This $29 One-Step Dryer & Brush, Best Neon Long Sleeve Workout Tops For Jogging Outside At Night, Jennifer Lopez, 50, Looks Sensational Dancing In Crop Top & Leggings As She Prepares For The Weekend – Watch, Kim Kardashian Recreates Iconic 2007 Photo On The Hood Of Her Range Rover In Velour Tracksuit, Notre Dame Cathedral Saved From Fire 4 Hours After Blaze Engulfed Historic Church, 'American Gods': Ricky Whittle Teases 'Friction' Between Shadow & Mr. Wednesday Ahead, Ricky Whittle On Shadow's 'Awaken'-ing In The Season 1 Finale Of 'American Gods', Billie Eilish Fans Praise Her As ‘Stunning’ In New Selfie After She Urges People To ‘Normalize Real Bodies’, Kourtney Kardashian Faces Backlash After Rocking 'Vote Kanye' Hat On Instagram: 'She Should Know Better', ‘Apprentice’ Star Claudia Jordan Claims Donald Trump Loves Ivanka More Than His Wife & Neglects Tiffany, 'Dexter' Star Jennifer Carpenter Breaks Her Silence On Revival: 'One More Round', Selena Gomez Looks Stunningly Tan In Tropical Bikini Top — See Pic, Plus More Swimsuit Shots, People Can't Get Over How Jamie Oliver Cooks His Easy Peri Peri Chicken, Cardi B Says She Filed for Divorce From Offset to Teach Him a ‘Lesson’ Before He Cheated on Her, The Masked Singer: New Clues About Serpent, Whatchamacallit and More, Baseball Live Stream: Here’s How to Watch the 2020 MLB Playoffs Online, Bella Thorne’s Poolside Look Pairs a Lilac Crop Top With Pink Balenciaga Sock Sneakers & Matching Crossbody. Carrera. “I think that was my favorite part,” the actor told us. Mostly, the actor was just disappointed the see how Donar’s story ended because he’d love the opportunity to return to the show. I loved taking my strength training to the next level and trying to get as big as I could and get as strong as I could for the role. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. After leaving his father, Thor committed suicide by gun in Philadelphia years later. ‘American Gods’: Derek Theler Reveals His Reaction To Shocking Thor Twist - The Daily Derek Theler guest-starred as Donar the Great a.k.a. I was juggling it or just analyzing it the whole time I was working. I was definitely saddened by it, because I was so excited to play the character, and I thought that the script was so strong, but I also thought that it was a fitting and heartbreaking end to my role and to the episode. Watch “Donar The Great” now via the Starz app or On Demand if your cable subscription includes the network. Unfortunately due to a recording issue, we don’t have many full quotes– I promise that as much as this pains you, it pains me more– but here’s a look at Derek’s experience on the show. Jul 14, 2015 - Omg, Derek Theler is BEYOND GORGEOUS!!! Thor’s act was one the thrilling parts of Wednesday’s show at the time. Thor on the April 14 episode of ‘American Gods.’ He appeared as a model in commercials for Nike, Coke Zero, Kayak, Arby's, State Farm and Verizon ad. I found myself walking around with that hammer in my hand the entire day when I was shooting, even when the cameras weren’t on. “We had several stunt hammers because we had to use the hammer throughout the strong man acts. I got to work some amazing acrobatic actors and some Cirque Du Soleil type of actors for some of the stunts that we were doing. He offered to do any extra tasks they needed and even to stay late just to make sure Donar’s strengths were on full display. “It was incredible,” Derek said. He appeared as a model in commercials for Nike, Coke Zero, Kayak, Arby's, State Farm and Verizon ad. I was sad. It’s basically impossible to do a one-armed pull-up yourself with a girl dangling from your legs, but we figured out a way to make it look like it was real, which was so fun. Have news, pics or video on a breaking news story? https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Derek_Theler Derek Theler gave Chris Hemsworth a run for his money when he debuted as Thor (and Donar the Great) during the April 14 episode of American Gods.Thor is the son of Odin, a.k.a Mr. Wednesday, and the latest episode explored their relationship. He was born Alaska on October 29, 1986. “I was in the middle of a two-week vacation in Italy and a begged them to let me audition when I got back,” Theler said. For Derek, getting the role of Thor/Donar was a dream come true. It was a lot of rehearsal, wires, and rigging. Derek Theler (nacido el 8 de marzo de 1986) es un actor estadounidense. It definitely wasn’t easy. After leaving his father, Thor committed suicide by gun in Philadelphia years later. Algunos de los enlaces son de afiliados, lo que significa que, sin costo adicional para ti, Fandom ganará una comisión si haces clic y realizas una subscripción. [4] “I was upset about it because I didn’t know going through the audition process and working on the lines,” Derek continued. While Theler did study the mythology, his real surge of knowledge came from working with American Gods lead Ian McShane (Mr. Wednesday), who is an amazing talent. Él iba a interpretar a Craig Hollis / Mister Immortal en la cancelada serie de televisión New Warriors. There’s a real pride in what they’re doing.”. Derek Theler was slated to portray Craig Hollis/Mister Immortal in New Warriors.[1]. It’s messy for sure, but Theler says Donar is “an old and wise god” who “probably doesn’t even recognize the nuance of working with Nazis” because the recognition is strengthening him more everyday and really, he’s in it for himself. Ajit Pawar may come under ED scanner amid money laundering probe, 28 PTI applicants approach Punjab and Haryana HC, seek quashing of exam, Mumbai airport extends Covid testing facility for departing passengers, Movie theatres in New York can open from next Friday, with limits: Guv Cuomo, Medical drone delivery project that can aid healthcare workers against Covid-19 wins UK Space Agency’s support, Police say doorstep enquiry system has been received well, In R.R.