color: white;

display: inline-block;

float:right; 

} vertical-align: top; background-color: red;

from the University of Georgia. New York Law Journal, Acting Justice, Supreme Court, New York County, Civil, Appointed by Chief Administrative Judge Jonathan Lippman, 2007 to Present, Judge, Civil Court of the City of New York, New York County, currently assigned to the Criminal Court of the City of New York, Elected, 2002 to 2011, Chief Management Analyst & Project Counsel, Honorable Joseph J. Traficanti, Jr., Click here to contact us for media inquiries, and please donate here to support our continued expansion. • New York City Courts

} } } I speak quietly and calmly, and, more importantly, I listen.

Many litigants who appear in these parts have never been in court and just the idea of being in a courtroom is overwhelming and stress-inducing.

I think I can now say that we are, essentially, a paperless court – except for cases where a litigant represents him or herself. In the last year or so, we hosted groups from Belgium; the Republic of Georgia; Slovenia; India; Saudi Arabia; Colombia; China; Israel.

.courts-container hr {background-color:#f0a236;padding-bottom:2px;}, Second Circuit Court of Appeals • U.S. District Court: Eastern District of New York, Western District of New York, Northern District of New York, Southern District of New York • U.S. Bankruptcy Court: Eastern District of New York, Western District of New York, Northern District of New York, Southern District of New York, New York Court of Appeals This week’s interview is with the Honorable Deborah Kaplan, who handles civil matters as an Administrative Judge in Manhattan.

It is one of the largest courts of original, unlimited civil jurisdiction in the United States. [5][6][1], Kaplan received her B.A./B.S. • New York Town and Village Courts

We had to make sure that essential applications were addressed expeditiously. Please, https://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=Debra_Kaplan_Turner&oldid=7758990, Successful Georgia judicial candidates, 2014, Georgia superior court judges, Ninth District, Georgia superior court judges, Gwinnett Circuit, Successful Georgia judicial candidates, 2010, Submit a photo, survey, video, conversation, or bio, Ballotpedia's Daily Presidential News Briefing. margin-bottom: 1px; width: 43%;

} I also make certain that before I conference a case, I am well-prepared. 1.2K likes. background-color: grey;

All Rights Reserved. I oversee this court’s budget, all employee issues, training for judges and court staff, judges’ vacation schedules and coverage for. display: block; font-weight: bold; Hon.

background-color: grey;

Debra A. Kaplan Democrat For Fl State District 31. New York Law Journal, Follow Judge Deborah Kaplan – New York Country Supreme Judge Kaplan has been called the “Mafia Princess” on account of her father who has been described as a “career criminal” who used “mob money to pay for her wedding.” But no one can deny that her work as a judge is above reproach. .courts-container hr {background-color:#f0a236;padding-bottom:2px;}, Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals • U.S. District Court: Middle District of Georgia, Northern District of Georgia, Southern District of Georgia • U.S. Bankruptcy Court: Middle District of Georgia, Northern District of Georgia, Southern District of Georgia, Georgia Supreme Court .widget-img { clear: both;

• New York Family Courts Copyright © 2020 ALM Media Properties, LLC. .widget-row.Libertarian {

We discuss our jurisprudence, answer lots of questions and try to convey all that we do to promote the true administration of justice.

display: inline-block;

• New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division font-size: .9em; DK: This has been an exceedingly difficult time for our court.

Hon. Debra Kaplan Turner is a judge of the Gwinnett Circuit of Georgia. Posted by 2 years ago. DK: I think that people imagine judges ensconced in their chambers writing decisions and orders, or, on the bench presiding at hearings and trials and making rulings. .infobox p { width: 43%; .widget-key { color: black; SM: How has the position/proceedings changed during the pandemic?

Something isn't entirely clear to me. background-color: white; clear: both; Deborah A. Kaplan: The New York County Supreme Court Civil Branch is housed in four buildings in lower Manhattan. } • New York Court of Claims display: inline-block;

SM: Are there any technical advancements that have been implemented since the pandemic? In 1997, she became the principal court attorney for the Hon. .widget-row.value-only.white { } Early numbers are near Eli Manning level, Jets’ Sam Darnold out again for Week 6 vs. Dolphins.

border:1px solid #FFB81F; Daniel Patrick Moynihan United States Courthouse 500 Pearl St. New York, NY 10007-1312 Deputy Phone: (212) 805-0104 Emergency Supplement to Individual Rules - March 18th, 2020

This firm represents Defendants CMGRP, Inc., d.b.a.

Customer Service /

We also spend a great deal of time trying to resolve cases long before trial. .widget-row.Libertarian {

font-weight: bold; • Georgia Municipal Courts, Courts in Georgia • Georgia judicial elections • Judicial selection in Georgia. Kaplan Turner ran for re-election to the Gwinnett Judicial Circuit, Georgia.General: She won without opposition in the general election on May 20, 2014.

Click here to contact us for media inquiries, and please donate here to support our continued expansion. _x000D_, August Wilson Center for African American Culture, Spirit of Pittsburgh Ballroom - 3rd Floor. width: 250px; It’s lit: Brooklyn pot farm goes up in smoke after two-alarm inferno, Wall Street Week Ahead: Big tech nervousness prompts calls to diversify, Here is your guide to LuminoCity Festival at Randall’s Island Park, Violent robber in Queens ambushing Chinese food delivery workers: NYPD, Take a ride to visit the Magic of Lights at Jones Beach with the family, NFL Rumors: Former Jets RB Le’Veon Bell between Dolphins, Bills, Chiefs, 2020-21 NHL schedule: Potential plans for next season, Do the Giants have a Daniel Jones problem? Ballotpedia features 318,177 encyclopedic articles written and curated by our professional staff of editors, writers, and researchers. color: white; Ballotpedia features 318,177 encyclopedic articles written and curated by our professional staff of editors, writers, and researchers.

About Us /

… Many litigants who appear in these parts have never been in court and just the idea of being in a courtroom is overwhelming and stress-inducing. For example, since some older adults may have difficulties coming to court, we could allow more cases involving older litigants to be addressed remotely, including applications for Orders of Protection (beyond those heard in Family Court) and guardianship hearings and conferences. Privacy Policy. background-color: green; We’re pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! font-weight: bold; The Chambers of Administrative Judge Deborah A. Kaplan will move to Room 609 at 60 Centre Street. padding-left: 10px; from the University of Georgia. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed.

Deborah A. Kaplan: The New York County Supreme Court Civil Branch is housed in four buildings in lower Manhattan. Schneps Media: Could you describe your duties as an Administrative Judge? font-size: .9em;

• New York Supreme Court [3][4], Turner was re-elected after running unopposed.[5][6].

I am committed to providing to court users innovative and varied alternatives to litigation. We had to make sure that essential applications were addressed expeditiously. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Her term expires in 2018. https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=Bzbw8IaqtWzb096LESHkQA==. Is Kaplan the current LOLsuit judge and Munoz is requiesting that she transfer the case to the comercial division, or is Munoz writting to Kaplan asking that she takes the case in her vision, that happens to be the comercial one?

I oversee this court’s budget, all employee issues, training for judges and court staff, judges’ vacation schedules and coverage for ex parte applications and mental hygiene hearings which are conducted each week. } font-size: 1.2em;

It is really gonna stick in Maddox's craw that Dick is going to be handed the ultimate win by his female lawyer and a female judge. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. [2], See also: Georgia judicial elections, 2014

}

width: 250px;

Ballotpedia does not currently cover this office or maintain this page. display: inline-block; SM: Are there any misconceptions people have about judges you would like to clear up? I am constantly developing programs and strategies to address case delays, enhance case management and improve the administration of justice. }

2020 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved. A complete directory of contact information for all New Jersey judges. } • Georgia State Courts

She then received her J.D.

}

if(document.getElementsByClassName("reference").length==0) if(document.getElementById('Footnotes')!==null) document.getElementById('Footnotes').parentNode.style.display = 'none'; .courts-container { background-color:#fcfcfc; width:100%; border:1px solid black;padding:5px;text-align:center;clear:both; }

Debra Kaplan Turner is a judge of the Gwinnett Circuit of Georgia.

float: right; I know that settling a matter to the satisfaction of both parties is often far more in line with their needs and goals than a trial. Perhaps a silver lining can be found in the resilience shown by our court staff, as well as in the selflessness and dedication of  our skeleton crew who continued to come to work so that there was never a day when we did not address applications that required  immediate attention. Her office, the Office of the Statewide Coordinating Judge for Family Violence Cases (OFVC), works collaboratively with the state’s administrative judges and judges and staff who handle domestic violence and integrated domestic violence matters statewide with the goals of refining practices and promoting better and more consistent outcomes in matters involving family violence, encouraging continuing innovation and increasing the breadth and depth of support for the courts.

} It is one of the largest courts of original, unlimited civil jurisdiction in the United States.

display: inline-block; Click here to contact our editorial staff, and click here to report an error. Schneps Media is sitting down with judges across the city’s court systems to discuss their roles and how they’ve changed in the age of COVID-19. Opinion: How in the world is Adam Gase still the head coach of the Jets?

vertical-align: top; .top_disclaimer { font-weight: bold;

} The phone number of Chambers will remain unchanged at 646-386-5567.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

She went to Abington Senior High School, which is the school her movie “Can’t Hardly Wait” is based on.

.widget-row {

text-align: center; Justice Deborah A. Kaplan was recently appointed Statewide Coordinating Judge for Family Violence Cases.

Schneps Media: Could you describe your duties as an Administrative Judge?

She was appointed to this position in 2007. I know that settling a matter to the satisfaction of both parties is often far more in line with their needs and goals than a trial. background-color: grey;

margin-top: 1px;

display: block; She then assisted the Hon. margin-bottom:0px;

font-weight: bold; color: black; Nothing is more important than ensuring meaningful access to justice for all court users.

This week’s interview is with the Honorable Deborah Kaplan, who handles civil matters as an Administrative Judge in Manhattan.