Upamecano starred for … For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click here. Chelsea are reportedly among the clubs eyeing up a potential transfer swoop for RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano. Contrary to belief, if Chelsea must invest heavily, they should do so for a world-class centreback or two, not an elite winger. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. "You've got some big names, some household names in football in the Atleti team but I have to say, the boy at the back, Upamecano, what a performance. "And I think Man United should start there as well. Chelsea target 37-year-old goalkeeper as emergency Kepa replacement, Chelsea linked with three Kai Havertz alternatives in case deal fails, Chelsea transfer news: Jason Cundy says Dayot Upamecano would be a top signing for Frank Lampard, Premier League opening day fixtures 'leaked' - Man Utd to play Arsenal, Chelsea interested in 'next Raphael Varane' but Man Utd leading race, Chelsea to spend £40m on Declan Rice alternative who wants move, Chelsea transfer news: Dayot Upamecano was man of the match for RB Leipzig against Atletico Madrid, Chelsea handed £23m boost with Granovskaia keen to agree summer sale, Tottenham transfer shortlist: The four players Mourinho and Levy want, Premier League done deals: Every confirmed deal this summer so far [TRANSFERS], Cristiano Ronaldo wants Man Utd target to snub Old Trafford for Juventus [REPORT], Rossi narrowly avoids horror MotoGP crash as Morbidelli and Zarco go out [PICS], Chilwell medical at Chelsea imminent as Leicester ace clears out kit, Chelsea have improved chance of signing two La Liga transfer target, Paul Merson sends warning to Chelsea over Declan Rice transfer. "I will speak with my agents and my parents at the end of the season and we will make the right decision.". "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. Upamecano has spent the last three years at Leipzig and has made 112 appearances for the Bundesliga side. Henderson denied winner by dodgy VAR call in thriller, Real & Barca to fight for Fernandes in shock move after just 8 months in England, Pickford's horror tackle on Van Dijk dodges penalty thanks to VAR offside call, Goldson with the double as Rangers take stranglehold of Old Firm derby, Arsenal fans love Martinelli’s body transformation from ‘lanky to buff’, ©News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. And the pundit believes he would be a good signing for Chelsea, who are in the market for defenders this summer. News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services. The young Frenchman has shone in his time in the Bundesliga, forming part of this hugely impressive Leipzig side that has also contained recent Chelsea signing Timo Werner. According to the Mirror, Frank Lampard has identified the player as the perfect partner for Antonio Rudiger at the back. “Bruno Fernandes told me that, as a kid, he had a poster of me. The Frenchman has previously attracted transfer interest from Arsenal but recently signed a new contract until 2023. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. He said that when he played Football Manager he always signed me. The 21-year-old has been heavily linked with a … CHELSEA have joined Arsenal in the race for RB Leipzig star Dayot Upamecano, according to reports. Gullit told beIN SPORTS. They state that he is the club's No1 defensive target as Lampard looks to bolster his backline, with his side keeping just seven clean sheets in all competitions this term. He can play football, he's hard in the tackle. "[What] Was the first thing [Jurgen] Klopp did with Liverpool?" Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. along with Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak. ... Dayot Upamecano, Alessio Romagnoli and … "I was looking at him thinking, as the game was developing, 'this was the first time I've had a close look at your game' and I was watching him and he was just immense. And, seriously, you sign me for FM?’ I mean, how weird is that?” – Who said this? "He was outstanding [against Atletico Madrid]. CHELSEA NEWS LIVE: Follow for the latest Blues news, he is the club's No1 defensive target as Lampard looks to bolster his backline, Upamecano is 'dreaming' of a move to England, exclusively revealed that Chelsea are set for a huge squad overhaul in the summer. JUST IN: Tottenham transfer shortlist: The four players Mourinho and Levy want. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Click here to read more. According to the Mirror , Blues manager Frank Lampard wants to mix up his defence in the summer transfer window and the Bundesliga centre-back is considered a priority target to try bring in for next season. order back issues and use the historic Daily Express Upamecano may now be being lined up to join Werner at Stamford Bridge as Don Balon list Chelsea as being among the 21-year-old’s many admirers. And I think I saw something amazing with Leipzig and Dayot Upamecano. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. He bought a goalkeeper and good defenders because everything starts there. According to stats website WhoScored.com, Kurt Zouma leads the way on just over 1,800 minutes, followed by Andreas Christensen (1,700), Antonio Rudiger (1,400) and Fikayo Tomori (1,300) - a decent foundation on which to judge the quartet’s statistics on a per-90 minutes basis. Premier League game time is almost evenly split between Chelsea’s four principal centre-back options this season. Gullit claims that is the area of the pitch Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must improve first. Home of the Daily and Sunday Express. with bringing in his Leipzig team-mate Timo Werner. Upamecano starred for Leipzig as they beat Atletico Madrid 2-1 in their Champions League quarter-final on Thursday. View our online Press Pack. See today's front and back pages, download the newspaper, The Gunners were believed to be in pole position to land Upamecano - who allegedly has a £50million release clause in his contract - but now it appears Chelsea are looking to steal a march on their London rivals. SunSport exclusively revealed that Chelsea are set for a huge squad overhaul in the summer, where they could offload eight key stars. CHELSEA have reportedly joined Arsenal in the race to snare RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano away from Germany. ", This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. Former Chelsea player-manager Ruud Gullit instead thinks Manchester United should try to sign the defender. The west London giants have still not really replaced club legend John Terry, and in Upamecano they’d be signing a real defensive leader who could be a key player for them for many years to come. The likes of Kurt Zouma, Jorginho, Willian and Ross Barkley could all be shipped out as Lampard looks to assemble a side capable of winning the Premier League. newspaper archive. The young Frenchman has shone in his time in … CHELSEA have reportedly joined Arsenal in the race to snare RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano away from Germany. Chelsea are reportedly among the clubs eyeing up a potential transfer swoop for RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano. Chelsea "could do with" having RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano in their backline, according to former Blues defender Jason Cundy. Frank Lampard is keen to bring in defenders this summer and looks set to … England internationals Jadon Sancho and Ben Chilwell are two other reported targets, along with Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak. Chelsea have reportedly turned their attention to defender Dayot Upamecano at German top-flight club RB Leipzig. Upamecano has earned huge praise since Thursday's victory and Cundy has joined the list of those raving about the 21-year-old. The 21-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League at the end of the season, with the Frenchman recently hinting at a summer switch. Dayot Upamecano is reportedly wanted by Chelsea. Defence is what I would start if I was Man Utd. As well as a move for Upamecano, Chelsea have also been linked with bringing in his Leipzig team-mate Timo Werner. Solskjaer all but confirms Manchester United ace is leaving amid Chelsea transfer links, Man United consider potential £63m transfer deal that was seen as too risky for Man City, Video: Chelsea transfer target tipped to emulate Premier League & England great, Real Madrid eye Borussia Dortmund star and Man United transfer target, Enormity of Chelsea’s summer expenditure shown by graph comparison with entire Bundesliga, Rumours of Chelsea rift between star and manager dismissed as nonsense, Chelsea injury scare: Summer signing forced to withdraw from international training camp, Approach made: Chelsea tried to persuade Barcelona star to snub new deal for Blues transfer, Chelsea key man grows disgruntled as relationship with Frank Lampard deteriorates, Frank Lampard’s rift with Chelsea star wrecked another defender’s potential exit, Chelsea transfer window performance: Blues’ summer analysed as Frank Lampard splashes cash and key figures depart, Man Utd transfer window performance: Questionable signings and loads of missed targets in dreadful summer at Old Trafford, Chelsea summer signing in line for debut despite withdrawing from international squad.