He still won the ‘Fans Player of the Season’ Award for 2019, contributing to the try of the season. Your email address will not be published. Pitts and Walker were taken out of the team's bubble after being involved in the cup tie against the Catalans, three of whose players subsequently tested positive for Covid-19, while Kay has been told to self-isolate due to a family situation. "Despite everything that's been thrown at us over the last three weeks, including late changes in fixtures and having to stand down important members of our squad, we will be fit and ready to go on Sunday against Warrington," Carter said.

In a statement, Carter said: "After further discussions with the RFL and internally, we have also stood down David Fifita for the foreseeable future. WAKEFIELD Trinity will be without a significant number of key players when they face Warrington Wolves on Sunday. [Read more…]. “I wasn’t privy to the conversations that the CEO and chairman had with Dave and his agent but I’ve been told there’s been a real buy-in from Dave moving forward and it’s water under the bridge now.”. He’s the club’s highest paid player, and one of their best, but David Fifita is on thin ice at Wakefield Trinity. David has refused to wear one in the past and, despite being told that he must wear one, didn't wear it against Catalans in the league game and removed it at half time of the game last Saturday. David Fifita refused to wear a tracker in the recent league game against Catalans Dragons and removed it [Read more…], Six players to watch in the Challenge Cup final, Polish prop Mikolaj Oledzki ready to inspire a nation in Challenge Cup final, Six of the greatest scrum-halfs in NRL history. He still won the ‘Fans Player of the Season’ Award for 2019, contributing to the try of the season. Premier League games on Pay Per View: Need to knows, AJ shuns Fury 'circus' but wants 'pot of gold'. 16th September 2020 “We need a buy-in from everybody and everybody includes David Fifita. Correspondent [Read more…], Hard work and self belief: The remarkable rise of Andy Ackers, Toronto issue update to home and travelling fans awaiting ticket refunds, My girls keep asking when I will be ‘back to normal’ – Mose Masoe’s brave battle, We look at six of the greatest players who have worn the number seven jersey in the NRL. The 31-year-old was stood down last month for refusing to wear a GPS tracking device for coronavirus protocols. Wakefield coach Chris Chester said: “It has been resolved. The former Tongan prop played twenty three outstanding games in 2019, topping many lists for metres, yards and star performances before he finally succumbed to a foot injury late in the season. Wakefield prop David Fifita could return against Wigan on Friday next week following clear-the-air talks with the club’s hierarchy. 0. To subscribe to our newsletter, click the link below. “But from what I’ve seen these last three days he’s working hard away from the group – training with the guys who have been away for Covid reasons – and I’m looking forward to seeing Dave get back out there sooner rather than later.”. The 31-year-old was stood down last month for refusing to wear a GPS tracking device for coronavirus protocols. Carter says all the players and staff have received negative test results at the start of the week and the club are awaiting the results of tests conducted on Thursday.

SUBSCRIBE to Love Rugby League on Apple Podcasts. Trinity chief executive Michael Carter says Fifita has been stood down for "the foreseeable future" and that team-mates Jay Pitts, Alex Walker and Liam Kay will also miss Sunday's game against Warrington after being told to self-isolate for 14 days. The issue has now been resolved and Fifita is back in training but will not be available for Thursday’s re-arranged Super League match against Huddersfield. He’s back in training. Wakefield ace Chris Green on: His favourite ever player, Challenge Cup success with Hull & Headingley, Set of Six with Salford hooker Andy Ackers: His favourite and worst memories in rugby league. at half-time in the Challenge Cup tie against the same opponents. Is Ritson world class? He is expected to return against Wigan a week on Friday. Will Arsenal make a statement at Man City?
David Fifita, Reece Lyne, Tom Johnstone, Jay Pitts, Alex Walker … Asked if it means he will wear a GPS tracker in future, Chester replied: “That means he has to wear a GPS tracker, yes. Junior Club: St.Patricks, Blacktown, NSW, Australia