After the DL stint, it was a 3.29 ERA and 1.05 WHIP in 87 2/3 innings. He is 39 years old and is a Virgo. The Dodgers might not have room to make Dan Haren an everyday member of a five-man rotation in 2014. "Great athlete, outstanding stuff -- gamer. © 2004-2020 CBS Interactive. The Washington Nationals have added a veteran presence to an already formidable rotation, agreeing to terms with Dan Haren, according to sources. The Dodgers have signed free agent right-hander Dan Haren to a one-year contract worth $10 million, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com confirms. Johnson said he expects Haren to step in as the leader of Washington's rotation next season. 4:44 pm ET, Best bets for Saturday's pivotal playoff games, Dodgers' Will Smith homers off ... Braves' Will Smith, Rays' Snell upset with quick hook as move backfires, Ex-Angels employee indicted over Skaggs' death, Astros' Baker says Correa called his walk-off shot, Rays' Arozarena ties rookie playoff record with sixth HR. Dan Haren biography, wife, married, contract, net worth, twitter | Dan Haren currently 35 years of age is a retired professional baseball player and has played for multiple teams at National level He has won much appreciation and many rewards throughout his professional career in Baseball November 3, 2012: RHP Dan Haren elected free agency. July 5, 2012 When the Marlins acquired Haren during the Winter Meetings, the Dodgers attached $10 million to the deal to cover the right-hander's base salary. If we get that finalized, he'll be a great addition.". The anatomy of a 3-0 comeback, Passan: MLB's most wonderful 2020 playoffs moment? But that status would change if he is traded. The deal also includes the chance for Haren to make an additional $3 million in performance bonuses in 2014 and 2015 based on innings and games started. "I mean, if I have to go to Kansas and take him and all his cattle to Florida, I will.". The shoulder injury was a turning point in Haren's season. Last August, the Diamondbacks signed Dan Haren to a very team friendly four-year/$44 million extension that replaced the final two years of his previous contract. That rotation helped carry the Nationals to the NL East title last season. "I've got some young guys that act like veterans, and they pitched like veterans last year for me," Johnson said. He fits right in. Johnson said he's fully familiar with Haren and says he might do even better in the NL. For Haren, who reportedly agreed to terms on a one-year, $10 million contract… Hopefully we'll get it done.". In the eyes of the Marlins, Haren has been a "free player." Los Angeles also paid the $2.5 million second baseman Dee Gordon is making. According to Cot's Baseball Contracts website, Haren's incentives begin once he makes 24 starts or logs 150 innings. Johnson also predicted free-agent first baseman Adam LaRoche will re-sign with the Nationals. Haren has made 20 starts and thrown 123 innings. Haren has made at least 30 starts in eight straight years. I've seen him pitch over the years, and he's an intense competitor. We bring sports news that matters to your inbox, to help you stay informed and get a winning edge.