Lyrics submitted by

And every time I'm meant to be acting sensible You drift into my head And turn me into a crumbling fool. Ever since she started taking lessons as a kid, Amy has been crazy about tennis. Someone who is wild and fun. Someone who likes to have fun and act a little wild can also be called "crazy": A: Oh, you know Carlos?

Cure lead singer Robert Smith originally wrote "Lovesong" as a wedding present for his fiancée, Mary, shortly before their marriage. liliroze, edited by Mellow_Harsher, "Crazy for You" as written by Adele Laurie Blue Adkins, Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group. Crazy definition is - full of cracks or flaws : unsound. You can be crazy, or you can go (become) crazy: My uncle is kind of crazy. Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, sing the praises of (someone or something), the webmaster's page for free fun content, crazy enough (that) it might actually work.

All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only.

That's crazy!

It takes place in New York City and Deadrock, Nevada. Heart: Crazy on You Meaning.

Let's start with the most basic meaning. And you can call someone "crazy" who jokes a lot: A: Hey Bonita, look at this. Song Released: 1976. How to use crazy in a sentence.

Someone who will go against the rules. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. Teri is just crazy for her new boyfriend and won't stop talking about him. Infographic: How many words do you 'need'? Paul McCartney wrote "Blackbird" in Scotland after reading about race riots in the U.S. when federal courts forced the racial desegregation of the Arkansas capital's school system. crazy for someone or something phrase. She lost to Whitney Houston for ", Producer John "Jellybean" Benitez had only worked on dance/pop songs before this and was understandably nervous about approaching a ballad. Would you say that someone who is crazy about pizza is (il est) "fou de pizza" or, perhaps, "fou de la pizza" ?

Definition of crazy for someone or something in the Idioms Dictionary.

Very enthusiastically fond of someone or something. You're moving to Canada? However its combined sales topped 750,000, making it her best-selling British single to date. So i guess there's the lyric that you were looking for about her not being in the relationship yet. For Crazy for You, it was the early 30s. no i don't totally agree with that. I have a friend who absolutely hates Patsy Cline and she thinks I'm. The lyricist John Bettis has written many notable songs including, ", This was recorded for the soundtrack to the wrestling film, Madonna was relatively unknown when this song was recorded, as only her first album had been released. b.

The Righteous Brothers recorded it in 1965, and their version was resurrected in the 1990 movie Ghost. Someone who doesn't see reality the same way as the rest of us is "crazy".

Again, the song failed to reach the top spot in the UK and peaked at #2. Film producers Jon Peters and Peter Guber and music director Phil Ramone were aware of the then unknown Madonna, who was just signed to Sire Records.

What does crazy for someone or something expression mean? “If you went out of key or said the words wrong, you had to stop and do it again. A "crazy" idea might be something that's outside of the commonly accepted reality: A: He believes that aliens built the great pyramids in Egypt. A worldwide hit, this reached #1 in Australia and Japan. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. Bettis and Lind wrote it based on the script of.

Get "Crazy on You" on MP3: Get MP3 from iTunes. Not much, really. Can you be married in one country but not another? This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional.

I'm not crazy about that place, so can we go somewhere else for dinner?

A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs, This song was written by John Bettis and Jon Lind. Possessed by enthusiasm or excitement: The crowd at the game went crazy. i got told that you can't use for and pour as the same thing, it doesn't work out. It went to "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor.

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/crazy+for+someone+or+something. My theory of "hook phrases", How William Shakespeare Works Help in Learning Literary English Quickly and Easily, How the Benefits of Tutoring to Learn a Language Outweigh Those of the Classroom Environment. Crazy for You is a romantic comedy musical with a book by Ken Ludwig, lyrics by Ira Gershwin, and music by George Gershwin.Billed as "The New Gershwin Musical Comedy", it is largely based on the songwriting team’s 1930 musical Girl Crazy, but incorporates songs from several other productions as well. The original Crazy for You had Robin Wagner, the wonderful set designer, and William Ivey Long, costume designer.

One of the first famous singers to come out as a lesbian, Janis wrote a song about it.

This song earned Madonna her first Grammy nomination for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance at the 1986 ceremony.

Someone who will do anything especially for love.

This might seem crazy, but how would you like to come and work for me? If you really like something, you can say that you're "crazy for it" or "crazy about it": Estelle is crazy for seafood: lobster, crabs, squid, all that stuff. Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. "Unchained Melody" first appeared in a 1955 movie called Unchained. I agree with you.I think the line that says "opening doors, hoping you'll walk through, and save me boy" means that, she wants him to come into her life and be with her. "Crazy" means "insane". That's crazy! But as a singer it kept you focused.” With Crazy pressed as Heart’s first single, the girls hit the road, visiting radio stations in Canada and America. Tell me to run and I'll race, If you want me to stop I'll freeze, And if you want me gone. What changed when Cyndi Lauper had a hit with his song?

Prince Markie Dee of The Fat Boys co-wrote the Mary J. Blige hit "Real Love.". Where there really seems to be no distinction is "crazy about you" and "crazy over you" -- except that the latter seems somehow more impersonal, and perhaps a bit more sinister as in "He goes crazy over the least little thing."

It means just that, "I'm crazy about you". (Number 1 gets my vote, but I'm unsure. A Soul Train dancer takes us through a day on the show, and explains what you had to do to get camera time. In February 1991, a remix of this song by Shep Pettibone, Madonna's producer of the choice at the time, was re-released in the UK. Someone who does that they want no matter the consequences. ), French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais. Crazy for someone or something - Idioms by The Free Dictionary. In recent years, "crazy" has come to mean "very": This way of using "crazy" came from hip-hop culture, so some older people might not use "crazy" as an adverb. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. If something really bothers or annoys you, you can say that it "drives you crazy": I can't stand that song. Someone who doesn't see reality the same way as the rest of us is "crazy".

On the other hand, if you can say that you don't like something: When you're busy, you can talk about how "crazy" things are: I'm sorry I didn't respond to your message sooner.

Did their name come from a sewing machine? If we still have time, we might still get by Every time I think about it, I wanna cry With bombs and the devil, and the kids keep comin' The Creed lead singer reveals the "ego and self-fulfillment" he now sees in one of the band's biggest hits. crazy about (someone or something) Very enthusiastically fond of someone or something. It was a lot of work. You must log in or register to reply here.

Tagged: No tags, suggest one.

There was only one Grammy ever given for Best Disco Recording.

Log in now to tell us what you think this song means. Informal Departing from proportion or moderation, especially: a. I'm not crazy about that place, so can we go somewhere else for dinner? Sometimes it could mean any of those things. Miss Ciccone is answering Polly Jean Harvey's question "This is Desire!

You can also talk about a situation that's distracting: I can't get much done there. Because what Madonna is crying out here is about romantic desire and transcendence. JavaScript is disabled.