I live in northern California and we do not have any of these options available where I live, so these ideas are not a viable option. Back then, my grandma dropped me off at a local Burger King where the bus would pick up all us kids that were detasseling corn. If you are working for a company that hired you, then yes, I believe those employment rules would apply, assuming that is your question. If you like kids, this could be a great business for you. Yes, teens can sometimes get jobs working on either their own family farm or someone else’s, especially if they have experience. Available jobs vary by location. I act more like a “19” yo but I want to have my first job need help picking ???? I’m 14 and live in Brownsville, Texas and I’m looking for a job. Here is a list of some that we found. Bruster’s Real Ice Cream has over 160 locations in 20 U.S. states. I feel the same way I have called 3 areas near me and applied for them and they said they would call me to let me know wether or not they would give me the job getting a job at 14 is very hard I applied at 2 different chick fil a’s because it’s been 4 weeks since I applied at the first one I’ve been trying for so long I’ve called so many places and this pandemic is not helping my job search. I bet you get really tired of the same questions. If you join our team as a customer service representative you will need to be comfortable talking to and taking care of our customers. Because you’re still in school, its a great idea to have a Saturday job, not only will you be getting some extra cash, but you’re also adding to your work experience. Use the information in this post to help you make money or find a job. What other jobs can I do to earn money instead of leaving my house? Chick-Fil-A has over 2,000 restaurants in almost all 50 states. The low-stress way to find your next jobs for teens job opportunity is on SimplyHired. I do not know that answer. Your welcome, Anna! State labor laws also prohibit all employees under the age of 18 from operating heavy machinery or becoming exposed to hazardous substances at work. No, you are more than that. Indeed ranks Job Ads based on a combination of employer bids and relevance, such as your search terms and other activity on Indeed. Do you like doing yard work? There are several jobs for 14-year-olds and 15-year-olds in a variety of industries. SimplyHired may be compensated by these employers, helping keep SimplyHired free for jobseekers. This is because each state’s lawn vary regarding hiring age. It’s hard to get a job at any age for sure! If you’re under age 16, there are plenty of viable work opportunities for you. New teen careers in Richmond, VA are added daily on SimplyHired.com. What you will get paid as a 14 or 15-year-old worker depends on a number of factors. Here are the government rules for working if you’re under 16 years old. (not a fast food one). Available jobs vary by location. The low-stress way to find your next summer jobs for teens job opportunity is on SimplyHired. If you are good with dogs and can be responsible when walking them, this might be the business for you. Working Title Junior Program Counselor. They’ll do various tasks as they help the parent care for the children. I’m looking for a summer job. Kudos to you! You are to be commended for wanting to help out at such a young age. You could start a mobile car washing business and help them out. I’ve asked every restaurant in town if I can work there and they said I must be 16! Did you work a job when you were under 16? DO YOU CRAVE A HOT NEW CAREER? Jobs For Teens In Richmond Virginia If you’re looking for employment opportunities in Richmond, Virginia, you’ve come to the right place. Even minors above the legal working age remain prohibited from jobs involving manufacturing, logging or sawmilling, mining, roofing, meatpacking, and serving alcoholic beverages. According to Virginia child labor laws, newspaper delivery positions make acceptable jobs for 12 year olds and 13 year olds. Depending on where you live, you can always detassel corn too! Make some money in the process. I’m 14 and will be 15 in 3 months. This act helps protect workers from unfair labor practices by employers. My name is Noah. Cleaning (always lots of cleaning), feeding, exercising, monitoring the health status of pets and pampering our guests with T.L.C. Or, you might want to start now to save for buying a car when you’re 16. I am looking for a summer job. We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within. Of course, there are skills you should have if you want to be a babysitter. However, dog owners may need you to take their dog into your home to watch it. Here are some grocery stores that will hire 14- and 15-year-olds. I’m 14 and turning 15 in 5 months. Be sure to check them out and I hope you are able to get a job for the summer! I just hope I get a job soon. However, first it’s important to understand the rules surrounding jobs for kids under 16. A city of over 214,100 residents, Richmond is the fourth-most populous city in Virginia, with attractions such as the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden. Hopefully this post will help you out. These are just a few of the ideas to try. The three main types of businesses that are willing to hire younger workers are: We’ve put together a list of well-known businesses that hire at 14- and 15-year-olds. You could always try it out and then leave if it doesn’t work out. I am very mature for my age, hardworking, out going, but trying to get my first job is hard. Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired. We have many other posts about ways to make money that could help you too. Check out the ideas in this post to see if you can get one. A fresh approach to work. Able to serve alcohol for consumption. Good luck! That’s some very good advice! Underage job seekers may find the necessary forms either at a local high school or the DOLI website. This post is just to let you know that there are places that will hire workers at 14 and 15 years of age. Thanks for that comment. Be sure to check them all out! Everywhere i look i get no where can i get a little help? In addition, we have other posts on ways kids and teens can make money. The first rule is that 14 is the minimum age for employment. How about starting a lawn mowing business? They hire workers as young as 14 years old at most stores. Here is a short list of business ideas you can implement right now to begin earning money on your own schedule. Home Decor Outlets is a Furniture and Mattress company with…, The YMCA of Greater Richmond is currently seeking part-time positive role models to provide safe supervision and guidance for children in the child watch…, Quasars, Inc., a small business leader in information technology, cyber security, and engineering, is looking for qualified Junior and Senior high school…. The federal government has child labor laws that dictate when and how you can work. Check them out. Hi, my name is Zoe and I’m 15 but I live in a small town. Try using the information and links in this post to help you. We have other posts on this site that may also help. Being a dog walker can be another good business idea. Opportunities in the Mechanicsville, VA area! But have the motivation that you seem to have can make a world of difference, so keep it up! Restaurant Team Member - Line Cook. It’s not a Six Flags park, but I do know they hire kids as young as 14 to work there. This can be a good job for people who like kids but may not be comfortable being alone with them. The Giant Eagle grocery store chain has over 400 locations in the United States located in five U.S. states. Whatever your reason, know that there are opportunities out there for kids to make money. It is possible that a restaurant won’t hire below the age of sixteen for safety reasons. Check out the ideas in this post, then, to help you out. These venues are kid-friendly types of businesses. There are specific rules in this act that apply to workers under 16. Good luck! Are there lots of younger children in your neighborhood or your family/friend circle? 1. In general, 14- and 15-year-olds: must have an employment certificate, (Code of Virginia § 40.1-84) have limits on hours they can work, and; cannot work in certain jobs considered to be unhealthy, unwholesome, or dangerous. This will increase your income. I’m looking for a summer job so I can save up for future emergency money needs and other things. Check them out and good luck! However, between June 1 and Labor Day, fourteen and fifteen year old employees may work until 9:00pm at the latest. Furthermore, while anyone above the minimum working age may legally become employed, workers younger than 18 must comply with various policies mandated by the state and directed exclusively at minors. We also have a couple of other posts on our site about ways kids and teens can make money. Ahh, Baskin Robbins. Indeed may be compensated by these employers, helping keep Indeed free for jobseekers. Of course, if you're 14 or 15 years old you can get a work permit in Virginia but otherwise there isn't too much information on this page that will help you. We also have other posts about ways kids and teens can make money. I am 14 and about to be 15 in 2 months. Many babysitters charge a higher rate for babysitting multiple children, too.