Hailing from New Zealand, main support Silicon (aka Kody Nielson) is a multi-instrumentalist, vocalist and producer with a musical background stemming from his family roots - his father is a jazz musician and mother a Hawaiian hula dancer. I understand that Chet would now like to change personas to his real name, however this transition is new and the 5000 sold out ticket holders would have been expecting more, and more from Chet. Join 330,338 fans getting concert alerts for this artist. Maybe the show would have sold out if people had time to hear the new cds. Past events with Chet Faker. The sound quality was sub par, which is also surprising given that the O2 Brixton Academy is my favorite venue in London. We were greeted by our songkick rep who was polite friendly and enthusiastic. Like Sohn, Oliver Tank, James Blake and Dawn Golden, amongst a teeming crowd of others, Chet Faker is an example of the electronification of the one man band, a Millennial phenomenon that casts a wide net and draws an eclectic haul from the edges and recesses of Electronic Dance Music. Oh, and the rudest crowd I've ever been with talking over him certainly didn't help either. His music is great itself and he doesnt really need much. Hailed as cult figures in Melbourne’s underground scene, the duo throw their own parties and bring international talent to Melbourne, having played the coveted Meredith Music Festival closing slot, Splendour In The Grass, Rainbow Serpent, Dark Mofo, Strawberry Fields, Summadayze, Parklife, Stereosonic, Future Music Festival and more. In 2012 he signed to Downtown Records and issued an extended play, Thinking in Textures. Nick Murphy put on a good show. But, nope. The smaller venue kept the show intimate. In his final song he pushed aside his mike. I love this artist, but the sound in the Columbia Halle, Berlin on 23rd of November was not so good so I was really disappointed. to track Nick Murphy fka Chet Faker and get concert alerts when they play near you. Chet Faker concert tickets are on sale. and his music just keeps getting better. Not really a bad seat in the building. Smooth transitions and lots of energy. With just over two months until Chet Faker’s Built on Live tour kicks off, Frontier Touring are pleased to announce an array of incredible musicians and DJs to round out the line up. Hands down, Chet Faker delivered an amazing preformance(for a one man show I must say, he did not fail!) He displayed some great humour, inviting the crowd to take a photo of him at the start of the show, and then giving everyone permission to knock the camera out of the hands of the person in front of them, after that point of the show, as he really wanted you to experience the performance instead of record it on your phone, which is a trap that many of us fall into these days at live events. He is a beardy, plaid-garbed exponent of this new breed of singer-songwriter, that takes the precepts of the indie-folk ballad and fuses them with down-tempo, electronic trip hop. Faker could have saved his voice on 'I'm Into You' as the crowd sang every word out load along with him. I did miss a bit the electronic clubby vibe of previous performance but it was a flawless performance of master faker. That really disappointed me because Nick's vocals are so important in his songs and it is also very special. The crowd was buzzing by the time Chet Faker came on stage. I liked the show but i think it would be better if he did more songs of his older album (from chet, not nick) and i prefer some songs of him acoustic (Just him on his piano) there was just to little of that,it was all a bitt to hard and energetic by my oppinion. While everyone enlightened the arena with their flashlights it was as though Chet was jamming to stars. Awesome concert! Or at least his music will take you there. His music was full of soul and touched everyone present, it was even more beautiful live. His debut single ‘Down In Flames’ is the first taste from the artist who will release his debut EP through Chet Faker’s own boutique label Detail Co this October. It was hard to hear vocals, instruments were too loud in comparison. When we arrived they suddenly told us doors at 10pm and we had to sit in the car for an hour like idiots. Find information on all of Nick Murphy fka Chet Faker’s upcoming concerts, tour dates and ticket information for 2020-2021. His vocals are very true to the album/recorded stuff, and he was not afraid to improvise/adlib sections, varying from the originals, which was a welcome addition. Amazing show! Colorado peeps love Chet Faker! tour dates 2021, I've heard that Chet Faker's beard is hair from his head that has moved down his face in order to hear the music better. Find information on all of Nick Murphy fka Chet Faker’s upcoming concerts, tour dates and ticket information for 2020-2021. His DJ set, projected via twin tape decks, draws on this archive to bring highlife, fuji, benga, tsonga disco, soukous, hip-hop, rhumba and ethio-soul, among countless other genres to the audience. He was already a recognised name despite not having had a full-length LP come out, a bedroom sampler who had risen to prominence with a little help from Web 2.0. He's the best! Chet Faker isn't 'the best thing to happen since sliced bread', he IS sliced bread, producing original sounds infusing a mix of all the genres you could possibly want; from jazz, to pop, to folk, to electronica, mixing them all to together and serving up delicious tunes direct to your ear holes. Chet gets deep into the music, hitting out classics such as 'Cigarettes & Chocolate', his take on Blackstreet's 'No Diggity', as well as new tracks, including favourites such as 1998, Blush and a mellowed out version of 'Talk Is Cheap'. It was recorded at the Arts House Meat Market Studio in North Melbourne. The fact that he moves around and dances makes the crowd feel as if he's enjoying the performance as well which is always nice. I wish they would have the cd out for a few months so we can get to know the songs better. But I enjoyed myself so that's all I really care about! Unfortunately there are no concert dates for Nick Murphy fka Chet Faker scheduled in 2020. Even bad ones are still good. Firstly, the venue was great, large and fitted out with seating surrounding the stage, which was great for those of us not keen on sitting on the stage floor. ANNOUNCES SILICON, AWESOME TAPES FROM AFRICA, CLEOPOLD AND OTOLOGIC AS SPECIAL GUESTS FOR BUILT ON LIVE TOUR. He's a superb musician. Otologic will DJ between sets at the Melbourne and Sydney shows with a Brisbane DJ yet to be announced. Moreover, the band did a really bad, slow, and boring start. The concert was very warm and intimate. In April 2014 he released his highly anticipated debut full-length album “Built On Glass” on the Future Classic label, which also put out his three track collaboration with wildcard Sydney DJ, Flume, the previous year. Shame the acoustics were so terrible that I could barely make out his voice that I love the sound of so much. It was probably a mixture of all 3. Second half the pace slowed, kicked off by a Jeff Buckley cover and not a good one. This Aussie had me dying for his music since I heard his song 'No diggity". Chet Faker is set to embark on an East Coast tour this October and November, playing his biggest venues to date. He spoke clearly and took the time to explain his thought processes, explaining that any mistakes he might make during the performance were due to his performance being live, and not pre-recorded, assuring the audience that his performance was genuine. I would have expected him to be more punctual and played for the full duration of his allocated time slot. concert dates, He rose to prominence in 2011 when a cover he had recorded of Blackstreet's "No Diggity" went viral online, having been smattered across a range of music blogs and rising up the ranks to be featured on music reviews sites and attaining the No.1 slot on the respected net-arbiter Hypemachine’s chart. Its single, “I’m Into You” landed a spot on the 2012 Triple J Hottest 100 chart, coming in at a respectable No.24. No excitement at all. I really wouldn't care that he went on in the middle of the night if the ticket had clearly stated that and we would have planned accordingly. The album champions Faker’s pioneering R’n’B electronica crossover sound. “Built On Glass” shot to No.1 on the ARIA Charts within a week of its release and wooed international audiences with its single, "Talk Is Cheap". It was really weird to hear this strange vocal sound as if I had earplugs or smt. We're sorry, but we couldn’t find any events, ANNOUNCES SILICON, AWESOME TAPES FROM AFRICA, CLEOPOLD AND OTOLOGIC AS SPECIAL GUESTS FOR BUILT ON LIVE TOUR. But don't have people showing up at 9pm waiting around all night. Played a good mix of older Chet Faker songs (e.g.