Ex: One needn't be a Pangloss to dismiss the notion that the world can ever get better. From the name of the tutor and philosopher in Voltaire's Candide (1759).

©2020 Reverso-Softissimo. Another word for circumstances. “Affect” vs. “Effect”: Use The Correct Word Every Time, 10 Types Of Nouns Used In The English Language. 1 letter words A 2 letter words AN 3 letter words ANY - ONE - SET 4 letter words

What does extenuating circumstances expression mean? Ex: One needn't be a Pangloss to dismiss the notion that the world can ever get better. under any circumstances/under any circumstance. under the circumstances/in the circumstances. to determine someone to act in a. E.g: He is not eager to attend the event, but he has to be there because his boss pulled rank on him.

Your circumstances are the conditions of your life, especially the amount of money that you have. Dazu suchen Sie in: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase Wörterbücher, Merriam Webster ... Englisch-Synonyme Wörterbuch: Übersetzung, Definitionen, Synonyme.

E.g. Join our early testers! Under certain circumstances - Idioms by The Free Dictionary. E.g. Another word for circumstance. Definition of under certain circumstances in the Idioms Dictionary. Under the circumstances, a crash was unavoidable... Übersetzung Collins Wörterbuch Englisch Cobuild, Kollaboratives Wörterbuch     Englisch Thesaurus, a person who is optimistic regardless of the.

She made it clear that under no circumstances would she cancel the trip. Extenuating circumstances - Idioms by The Free Dictionary. Look it up now!

Ex: One needn't be a Pangloss to dismiss the notion that the world can ever get better. This reference page can help answer the question what are some adjectives commonly used for describing CIRCUMSTANCES. all’s well that ends well phrase. Recent opinion polls show that 60 percent favor abortion under certain circumstances..., I wish we could have met under happier circumstances. In the absence of any instructions preparing them for such an occurrence as this, they took their own view of the, He is coming to see me soon, and then I will make the proposal to him, having first enlightened him upon my, He deemed my fears for Arthur disproportioned to the, At this meeting she had her full revenge of him; for she told him she wondered what he took her to be, that she should admit any man to a treaty of so much consequence as that to marriage, without inquiring very well into his, How can taxes be judiciously imposed and effectually collected, if they be not accommodated to the different laws and local, Because, even if the governing party in a State should be disposed to resist such temptations, yet as such temptations may, and commonly do, result from, But Plato, in his treatise of Laws, thinks that a difference in, That flank march might not only have failed to give any advantage to the Russian army, but might in other, "Hardly--even to an old friend like you--unless I felt it a matter of duty, on my part, to state the, Jennings was desirous of her feeling; for besides that the, Jones now began, and related the whole history, forgetting only a, My dear Mother,--I am very sorry to tell you that it will not be in our power to keep our promise of spending our Christmas with you; and we are prevented that happiness by a.

Copy the code below and paste it where you want the visualization of this word to be shown on your page: Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content, Circumstances Undetermined Pending Police Investigation. 22 synonyms of circumstances from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 63 related words, definitions, and antonyms. All rights reserved.

6 synonyms for circumstances: luck, destiny, fate, fortune, lot, portion. Synonyms (Other Words) for In certain circumstances & Antonyms (Opposite Meaning) for In certain circumstances. expression used to describe a lost opportunity or something that is unlikely to happen in the current, The prime minister stated: 'Drastic times call for drastic measures' in order to justify the extremely unpopular austerity actions introduced by the government during the recession, Qualifies a person who has a deep understanding of a, Example: Love hearing Daniel Radcliffe praise the HeForShe campaign, he is so woke! Synonyms for circumstances in Free Thesaurus. What a lesson of gratitude is taught in every scene and circumstance! Circumstances: a state or end that seemingly has been decided beforehand. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. Circumstances adjectives are listed in this post. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary.

You can complete the definition of in certain circumstances given by the English Definition dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase dictionaries, Merriam Webster... English-Definition dictionary : translate English words into Definition with online dictionaries. All rights reserved. for certain, make certain of, ceratin, certainly. The circumstances of a particular situation are the conditions which affect what happens. Find more ways to say circumstances, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. The circumstances of an event are the way it happened or the causes of it. Definition and synonyms of due to unforeseen circumstances from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.. under certain circumstances phrase. He saw, at a glance, that the circumstance might possibly be improved to further his own ends. extenuating circumstances phrase. Top synonyms for under certain circumstances (other words for under certain circumstances) are in some cases, in some circumstances and in a few instances. How to use under certain circumstances in a sentence. positive and confident about the truth of something; convinced, the date is already certain for the invasion, to ensure (that one will get something); confirm, certain of the members have not paid their subscriptions, English Collins Dictionary - English Definition & Thesaurus, Collaborative Dictionary     English Definition, Qualifies a person who has a deep understanding of a, Example: Love hearing Daniel Radcliffe praise the HeForShe campaign, he is so woke! Define in the circumstances. used for saying that a situation that did not start in a good way has ended in a way that is satisfactory or pleasing. Absentee Ballot vs. Mail-In Ballot: Is There A Difference? You can emphasize that something must not or will not happen by saying that it must not or will not happen under any circumstances. He must get the dominion over circumstance, or circumstance must get the dominion over him. ©2020 Reverso-Softissimo.

a person who is optimistic regardless of the. I afterwards fell in with Bradbury, who mentioned this circumstance to me. There is still one circumstance, replied I, which you seem to have overlooked. Antonyms for circumstances. use the authority given by a position (in society, in a company etc.) From the name of the tutor and philosopher in Voltaire's Candide (1759). On them it is forced from without, by sheer pressure of circumstance. Search under certain circumstances and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso.