He should be ashamed to have his name attached to it. Maybe I am just in a negative Nancy mood lately? Write what you know, I've lived on both coasts of FL and I've been some pretty serious Cat 4's and you make "Hurricane Leo" sound like at least a 3, while the clean-up didn't seem to live up to it. First book is much better.

I would have enjoyed at least a touch of vivid imagery from time to time. I enjoyed ‘Camino Island, but can’t with any honesty recommend Book #2. Thank you Hachette Australia for my copy of this book to read. He’s trying to find our homicide guy.” "-Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. The hurricane is devastating. While it shakes the community and cause John Grisham returns with another adventure on Camino Island, a small community in Florida. He and the other characters on the island are ve The fictional Camino Island is off the Florida coast and in real life is Amelia Island, where John Grisham and his wife have a vacation home. We use cookies and similar tools, including those used by approved third parties (collectively, "cookies") for the purposes described below.You can learn more about how we (plus approved third parties) use cookies and how to change your settings by visiting the Cookies notice. Bruce Cade is the owner of Bay Books: a local bookstore and hang out of many of the island’s mystery writers. The three of them, Bruce, Bob and Nick take it upon themselves to figure out what had happened to their friend and how he perished in this storm, strongly believing that he was indeed murdered and not simply from storm debris. John Grisham returns to Camino Island in this story. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with. It began with a skillful heist of five John F. Fitzgerald manuscripts from a secure vault below Princeton’s Firestone Library.

He writes interesting characters who possess a sense of humor, and explains the legal details so that we think "This could really be happening somewhere." Grisham leaves us treading water as the scope of the storyline broadens into some devious goings-on within nursing homes and the pharma companies.
The local police are overwhelmed in the aftermath of the storm and ill equipped to handle the case.

Soon Bruce feels a little overwhelmed as well, and an investigation into Medicare fraud has him wishing he was elsewhere.

An author dies under suspicious circumstances while a hurricane rages on Camino Island. More, please! Both the author's sister and his circle of friends are working on solving his death. I loved the first Camino island book. With Camino Winds, America’s favorite storyteller offers the perfect escape. The hurricane is devastating: homes and condos are leveled, hotels and storefronts ruined, streets flooded, and a dozen people lose their lives. --Delia Owens, author of Where the Crawdads Sing John Grisham, #1 bestselling author and master of the legal thriller, sweeps you away to paradise for a little sun, sand, mystery, and mayhem. 3.5 stars. As far as am I going to recommend it to friends? An author dies under suspicious circumstances while a hurricane rages on Camino Island.

| ISBN 9780385545945

With ten chapters that are broken down into smaller parts, the reader is able to digest as much or as little as they want at any given time. The bad news is that “Camino Winds” is a leisurely style read. He is basically "sleeping with the enemy" so to speak. The search will take on a hound dog hunt when they discover that Nelson was writing a controversial book. His relationship with Mercer Mann was intriguing in Camino Island but here she was an almost insignificant cameo character.

The story itself was fairly interesting and I did like its riff. But the people are far less entertaining than the enjoyable first go-round in Camino Island three years ago. When Hurricane Leo pounds the island, in addition to leaving behind devastating damage, one of Bruce’s writer buddies is left dead and it sure looks like murder. Seriously. About Camino Winds. Some of the male characters were just to off putting for me and I just didn't connect with anyone, particularly, as the story progressed several secondary characters were just irritating (Bob, who spends 3.495 Rounded Up INTRIGUING MURDER MYSTERY, REALISTIC CHARACTERIZATIONS

In American icon John Grisham's new novel, Camino Winds, an odd assortment of mystery and crime authors, some of them felons themselves, discover one of their colleagues has been murdered during the fury of a massive hurricane-the perfect crime scene.Since officials are preoccupied with the aftermath of the storm, the authors set out to solve the mystery … And while I didn’t hate this one...it wasn’t nearly as good.

But the nature of Nelson’s injuries suggests that the storm wasn’t the cause of his death: He has suffered several suspicious blows to the head. Fast forward, after page 140 I finally have my ah-hah moment and cannot put it down. Camino Winds is a murder mystery sequel with a few twists and turns that subjects the island to greater drama in the form of a devastating hurricane, contract killers and a medical conspiracy, but ultimately was not as entertaining as the first book.

I remember not being overly impressed with the first novel in this series three years ago. Was Nelson's death died to his latest novel? Your email address will not be published. I'm a little disappointed though. I’m giving up at 30%...my husband can’t take hearing one more “listen to THIS one...” , including ads relevant to your interests on Book Depository and to work with approved third parties in the process of delivering ad content, including ads relevant to your interests, to measure the effectiveness of their ads, and to perform services on behalf of Book Depository. Bruce hesitated and did not want to talk about the cause of death.

I sure hope so. Bruce Cable is again in a main role and does well throughout, keeping his witticisms strong and his search for the truth on point. Just past the half-way mark in the book the story takes a turn and at that point my interest begins to wane. Think you left them to their own devices and it shows here. I’m giving up at 30%...my husband can’t take hearing one more “listen to THIS one...”
My advice to Mr. Grisham is to stop listening to your editor and agent. . Praise for Camino Winds, :. The small tourist island's popular bookstore, Bay Books, is owned by Bruce Cable and he is surrounded by his quirky, entertaining group of literary friends. Even the impassable roads and the indescribable devastation of the homes and businesses in the aftermath was similar. It is a fun, twisty read that I read in a weekend.

A dozen people are killed. Since book sales will be mighty low at Bruce's Bay Books, they have plenty of time on their hands.