Introducing ... PEOPLE's Products Worth the Hype, Princess Beatrice secretly wed Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi. The Duchess of Cornwall supports her husband, The Prince of Wales, in carrying out his work and duties as Heir to The Throne. In 2007, Her Royal Highness received the Royal Family Order from HM The Queen; in 2012, Her Royal Highness was made a Grand Dame Cross of the Royal Victorian Order (an honour made by the Sovereign in recognition of personal service); in 2016, Her Royal Highness became a member of the Privy Council. The Duchess of Cornwall married Prince Charles of Wales on April 9, 2005. I sometimes think to myself, ‘Who is this woman? As part of this, The Duchess of Cornwall assumed new Patronages at charities Barnardo's, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home and The Royal School of Needlework. Her Royal Highness’s charity work is varied but several themes prevail: health, literacy, supporting those in need; the elderly, victims of rape and sexual abuse and domestic violence, empowering women; food; animals, dance and heritage and the arts. In June 2018, The Duchess took on The Royal Society of Literature. She is also a member of the Tetbury Evening Women’s Institute and the Llandovery Women's Institute (WI). On 9th April 2005, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall married at the Guildhall in Windsor in a civil ceremony. She was not ill-prepared for royal life, though. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall tells domestic abuse survivors ‘you are not alone’ in heartfelt letter INDY/ LIFE newsletter Be inspired with the latest lifestyle trends every week Her Royal Highness has a sister, Annabel Elliot, and a brother, Mark Shand. The Duchess owns two Jack Russell terriers, Beth and Bluebell, who were both rescue puppies from Battersea Dogs and Cats Home in London. Her Royal Highness turns 73 today," the caption read. I am very proud to be part of the RVS. Speaking to another lunch club attendee, the duchess said: “It’s lovely to have something like this. Major Shand and the Hon Rosalind Cubitt, the daughter of 3rd Baron Ashcombe, married on 2nd January 1946 at St Paul’s, Knightsbridge. “Lockdown was a very lonely time for people like me, I really missed coming here. #WalesWeek A post shared by Clarence House (@clarencehouse) on Jul 8, 2015 at 9:54am PDT, During today's visit to Llandovery in Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall became a member of the Llandovery Women's Institute (WI). Camilla so enjoyed her time she even stayed on to decorate the trifles for pudding with cream, chocolate sprinkles and raspberries, although she confessed: 'I'm not very good at this bit. She has taken time out to speak and write to me without anyone knowing about it. You asked if I would come, and here I am! Pointing to the visor she donned to plate up the food at the Mill End lunch club in Rickmansworth, she laughed and said: “I can't see a thing, this is all steaming up!”. ), and celebrity lifestyle news every week, by email. The Mill End lunch club provides vital hot meals — and company — for elderly people in the area. “No to worry, I don’t think I can see either, ‘ smiled Camilla. “Finding friends, especially after covid, you must have a lot of catching up to do. Get push notifications with news, features and more. Register with your social account or click here to log in. The Duchess is the great-great-great-granddaughter of Sir Allan MacNab, who was Prime Minister of the Province of Canada before Confederation and the builder of Dundurn Castle in Hamilton. This was very ingrained in my upbringing and if I hadn’t had that, I would have found royal life much more difficult.”. The pensioner said she was delighted to meet her in person at last. Since her marriage to The Prince of Wales in 2005, The Duchess of Cornwall has become Patron or President of approximately 100 charities and regularly attends events to support them. Camilla and her husband divorced in 1995 after 21 years of marriage. (Diana also admitted to having affairs of her own while married to Charles but had said she was most upset by her husband’s closeness with his former flame Camilla.). Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall is beaming in blue for her birthday. The women smile at each other while holding colorful bouquets of flowers. They began an on-again, off-again relationship with Parker-Bowles turning a blind eye. From his prison cell the man who was to become president of his beloved South Africa did more than any person alive to end this scourge and to bring about black majority rule in his country. “Thank goodness I was brought up with the grounding of my parents, and taught manners. Then, when she married Prince Charles in 2005, she took on the title the Duchess of Cornwall. 's newsletter, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted hellomagazine.com's privacy policy, the cookies policy, and the website terms of use, and that you consent to hellomagazine.com using your data according to the established laws. The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall are in Northern Ireland on a one-day visit. Here, 12 of her most stunning looks. We talked on the telephone and corresponded and she told that she came to this wonderful lunch club in Rickmansworth and said if you are ever coming this way, please drop in. Staff then took the knife and folk from the pensioner to comply with Covid restrictions and provided her with clean ones. The Duchess of Cornwall was out and about in London for another busy day of engagements on … Camilla Parker Bowles visited…, Prince Charles' wife Camilla Parker-Bowles might have her pick of several properties that she owns alongside Charles (Clarence House, Highgrove…, The Duchess of Cornwall has wasted no time showing off her autumnal wardrobe, breaking her latest green streak by stepping out in a vibrant blue…, The Duchess of Cornwall has a new love of the colour green, with her latest outfit following the same trend as her recent appearances.READ: Duchess…, We all have our likes, dislikes and personal preferences when it comes to food and it seems the royal family are no different.Despite having the…, The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall carried out a surprise visit to Northern Ireland on Wednesday to thank key workers for their efforts…, The Duchess of Cornwall joined her husband Prince Charles for a day of engagements in Northern Ireland on Wednesday, looking elegant as ever in an…, Prince Charles has unveiled the impressive garden transformation at Clarence House, his official London residence with his wife Camilla, the Duchess…, The Duchess of Cornwall stepped out for a day of public engagements on Wednesday, looking lovely in one of her favourite green skirt suits.Her visits…, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles love to eat plenty of fresh and organic produce at Highgrove House in Gloucestershire – but Camilla's…, Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, own several properties including Birkhall estate in Scotland, Clarence House in London, Llynywermod…, The Prince of Wales was among the royals to send birthday wishes to his youngest son Prince Harry on Tuesday.