Ben Askren went into Saturday's UFC 239 welterweight bout against Jorge Masvidal with an undefeated 19-0 record. 5, but we'll have to wait and see how far he slips. It's like, man, I got caught with a flying knee. How fast was it? Jorge Masvidal Flying |Knee to Ben Askren for KO of the Year. Askren wasn't done making himself available to the public. As a result, Askren fell back unconscious and unmoving. In any case, this loss will not be a death sentence to Askren's career. I see a few people saying that Jorge got lucky.

I'm too old to be taking these steps back. They said their tests didn't show anything, obviously. Some considered the shots to be unnecessary as it was clear Askren was unconscious. Ben Askren went into Saturday's UFC 239 welterweight bout against Jorge Masvidal with an undefeated 19-0 record. I don't want to take another step back in my career. Login with your Facebookor Linkedin account, A Fight At UFC 239 Was So Quick & Brutal It Fits Inside A Single, Solitary GIF, Disney's Live-Action 'Mulan' Trailer Drops Tomorrow So Here's What We Know So Far, UFC Fighter Tim Kennedy Reckons He Wants To Fight Sam Neill, Of All People. And then when I can recall, I remember everything -- I was like oh s---.

Just otherworldly gear that. #UFC239pic.twitter.com/c2zWF82wIS. He can't handle changes, and I hit him with a nice little change of speeds. I can't tell you exactly what time I went into the cage, but I can tell you that Jon Jones was still fighting when I was figuring stuff out. ... To put this guy in there, I can't believe the [Nevada State Athletic] Commission sanctioned that. He understands the game, much like the recently retired Chael Sonnen. Cry? Jorge has a really good feeling for technique and things like this. I'm surprised they never gave the mic earlier or pushed him because he's a star. Brown: We'll cross that bridge [between Colby Covington and Masvidal] when it gets there. (Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC), EY & Citi On The Importance Of Resilience And Innovation, Impact 50: Investors Seeking Profit — And Pushing For Change. Masvidal, Brown and striking coach Paulino Hernandez began training camp for UFC 239 a few months ago. That thing leaves bulk frames on the table. I knew what I signed up for.

Following Sunday’s UFC 239 pay-per-view, social media was flooded with cringing gifs and video clips of Jorge Masvidal knocking out Ben Askren with a winning flying knee in a matter of seconds.

LAS VEGAS, NV - JULY 06: Jorge Masvidal finishes Ben Askren in their welterweight fight during the... [+] UFC 239 event at T-Mobile Arena on July 6, 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada. It's a nice problem to have. We ordered some fresh, new knee pads. So if that's what he wants to do, that's fine. • Main card: ESPN+ PPV, 10 p.m. Search, discover and share your favorite Ben Askren Ko GIFs. The man right beneath Askren is Darren Till, whom Masvidal knocked out earlier this year.

After Askren was out cold, Masvidal landed two extra punches to the former's face. I don't really remember the flying knee.

Ask for a rematch? You may opt-out by. How many jabs does he throw, how many crosses does he throw. How did I lose to him?

I had a lot of friends in town, so I got to see my friends. And people say, 'Oh, he sucks.' Ortega, Jung make weight for UFC Fight Night, McGregor says he will fight Poirier on Jan. 23, Sources: Calvillo tests positive, out of UFC 254, Freire to head return of Bellator featherweight GP, Sources: Viral KO star Buckley set for UFC 255, Gane-Delija fight off due to contract dispute, White: Yan vs. Sterling in works for UFC 256, Inside the turbulent journey to Brian Ortega vs. Chan Sung Jung, The two lives of Brian Ortega: From menacing streets to UFC stardom, Helwani: It's never easy with Conor McGregor and the UFC, but end result is always worth it, Cyborg chokes out Blencowe, retains Bellator title, The UFC's best nicknames and the stories behind them, Why UFC lightweight champ Khabib Nurmagomedov doesn't expect to ever face Tony Ferguson, UFC fighters react to Joaquin Buckley's spectacular KO of Impa Kasanganay on 'Fight Island', MMA, boxing and wrestling are all facing a major issue: a cracked combat sports pipeline, From Miami brawler to UFC star, Jorge Masvidal has always been a BMF, UFC main event breakdown: How Diaz and Masvidal match up, UFC 244: Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz -- how to watch, plus full analysis. This man crazy your honor pic.twitter.com/XLGl6Kit9P.

It wasn't far off from that. Mike Brown, coach at American Top Team: Jorge told me that this was how he wanted to start the fight a few months ago. No. I thought, 'He might knock him out right away with this thing. Halo 5 isn’t coming to The Master Chief Collection. Here's how it went down, in their words. He was crushed in that and came back and won. Jorge Masvidal knocking Ben Askren out in 5 seconds was badass as hell #UFC239, — Straight Edge Wrestling (@SEW_Podcast) July 7, 2019. @GamebredFighter's flying knee melted Ben Askren and then @stylebender's mind (via @aaronbronsteter) pic.twitter.com/sTOfuS3rRe, Michael Chiesa was being interviewed after his win against Diego Sanchez. My head is clear.' Masvidal: I was OK with all scenarios that could happen. The man’s cold. You gotta make sure the guy doesn't get back up. Is it going to happen 100 out of 100 times? [Masvidal] did over 100 [reps]. He was doing it as safe as possible, trying to find that timing with his training partners without killing them. All Rights Reserved, This is a BETA experience. So, it wasn't just a shock for the UFC world when Askren … Masvidal, who trains with American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Florida, did not come up with this plan on the fly. Jon Jones was still fighting and then I think I was out of the hospital before 10 p.m., so whatever the math on that is.

So to have those type of characteristics, you can't adapt and survive and he showed it. Askren said the unnecessary shots didn't bother him because he knew what he signed up for when he took the fight.

He talked about perhaps getting two wins in a row, and potentially still getting his title shot. I'm doing my job. Askren refuted fans calling Masvidal's flying knee lucky, and instead talked about the precision required to deliver such a damaging shot. Jorge Masvidal scored the fastest knockout in UFC history with a flying knee to Ben Askren, followed by a few punches on the ground to finish the fight in … I went to London. Can't you see that coming? Follow him on Twitter at @grosenstein.

Jorge Masvidal had one of the all-time great knockouts on Saturday, landing a flying knee strike on his opponent, Ben Askren, just five seconds into the UFC 239 bout.

After being helped up and out of the cage, Askren immediately went to the hospital for tests. Askren told Helwani on Monday he suffered no serious injuries.

How great he looked in his last fight, the buildup for this fight. The perfect BenAskren Boom Mma Animated GIF for your conversation. I had made some good improvements in my jiu-jitsu. That proved to be a lethally wrong move for the former ONE Welterweight champion as he practically butted his head right into Masvidal’s flying knee. Find Funny GIFs, Cute GIFs, Reaction GIFs and more. ', At the same time I was feeling great. UFC Fight Night viewers guide: In long-awaited return, will Brian Ortega be better than ever? I was right on the precipice of having that title shot against [UFC welterweight champion Kamaru] Usman if I go and win that fight on Saturday night. Fans around the world expressed awe and disbelief online as the fight lasted a total of two seconds before Askren went down like a sack of bricks, rendered unconscious. Find Funny GIFs, Cute GIFs, Reaction GIFs and more. He thought that 'If I can't get up from being taken down, then I'm not in this fight anyway.'

Even fellow fighters Michael Chisea and Israel Adesanya, who were both conducting backstage interviews at the time and had their live reactions caught on camera. I'm surprised they didn't give him the push earlier. There's not much I can do about it. • Darren Till Q&A. I don't deserve a rematch. pic.twitter.com/fyZpOGilhN. (Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC), UFC 239 event at T-Mobile Arena on July 6, 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Sometimes you get your ass kicked, sometimes you lose. His conditioning was a lot better. He's been fighting on the street since a teenager. This shit is brutal. In the spur of the moment you're reacting so quickly, you just keep hitting him until the ref pulls you off. I could tell that it was pretty fast because I wasn't sweaty or sore or anything, so I knew it was fast, didn't know exactly how fast it was. At the post-fight conference, he stated that they were “super necessary” because until the referee officially stops the fight, hitting the opponent is “fair game” and that his job is to “hit somebody until the referee pulls me off”. If I just completely miss and he was nowhere near me or if I hit him in the chest and we kept going, I had all the scenarios in my head and I was comfortable with all of them. I was feeling really good, so going into the fight if you said, 'Hey, do you need to make some changes?' Jorge Masvidal describes training for his flying knee knockout of Ben Askren and his thoughts after it landed. I put on a blanket after I heard Jorge Masvidal’s post-fight press conference. Both men are pure wrestlers without much skill as strikers. [My wife Amy] was fine.

event at T-Mobile Arena on July 6, 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada. It's all little pieces of the puzzle. Do I like Jorge Masvidal? Related GIFs. If you remember the [Darren] Till fight, he ran across the ring and kicked Till in the balls like in the first four seconds. Brown: Look what Askren did in the Robbie [Lawler] fight.

I said I was going to fight the winner of Till-Masvidal -- I got it. Masvidal finished off his chirpy rival Ben Askren with a sharp flying knee inside the first five seconds of their bout yesterday, making it the fastest knockout in UFC history. I think everything is going well.'. • Early prelims: ESPN+, 6:30 p.m.

But this ain't my proudest moment. #Flying-Knee; #Knock-Out; #Ufc Masvidal's initial thought after KO: 'I told you so' (1:09), Inside Jorge Masvidal's epic flying knee knockout at UFC 239. Everybody else was more worried about me than I was worried about myself, and I didn't really have any pain of any sort, not a headache, nothing on my face hurts, and so it was like, 'Ah, Jesus, I lost to Jorge Masvidal.'. I knew he couldn't handle improvisation. • Viewers Guide to UFC 244 Askren crumbled to the severity of the blow and Masvidal was awarded the knockout and victory.

With Tenor, maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular Ben Askren animated GIFs to your conversations.

The KO happened so fast, it's easy to question if we really got an opportunity to see which man was superior. • Jorge Masvidal scouts himself

I noticed [the improvement] before the Till fight. ET, Top UFC 244 Content I cover sports video games like NBA 2K, Madden, MLB The Show, FIFA, NHL, EA UFC, Fight Night, Super Mega Baseball, DIRT, F1, NASCAR, Forza, and everything in between. Who probably doesn’t remember much at all. Without a doubt. My God Jorge Masvidal just recorded the fastest knockout in UFC history. Askren: There's a little part of my memory that's blank there, but man, you know I remember being in the cage with him. The Jorge Masvidal Flying Knee KO Gif Goes Viral, Disney Releases New Mulan Live-Action Film Trailer, Stranger Things 3 Reviewed: Of Fireworks, Summer Romances and More Evil Monsters. In fact, according to his coach Mike Brown, it had been in the works for months. I asked him what he thought it was. And after all that, it left Askren with just this to say: Are you out of the casket Ben??

Masvidal’s head coach Mike Brown posted a video of the winner executing the same exact flying knee move during training, just 48 hours before the UFC 239 fight. Masvidal is not a fan of fighters who do that solely to hype up their fights as they’re not being true to themselves. The best GIFs are on GIPHY.

Askren is such a strong presence on social media that he'll keep himself relevant.