The assessment may be the same as was presented to the rest of the class or an alternate assessment may be presented.Q Is there a website for each department or how can I access what my child is doing in classroom?A Some departments do have websites with varying levels of detail. Standard level subjects take up 150 teaching hours. HL and SL courses differ in scope but are measured according to the same grade descriptors, with students expected to demonstrate a greater body of knowledge, understanding and skills at higher level. The CP core components give context to the DP courses and the career-related study, drawing all aspects of the framework together.

Q I am noticing changes in my child’s behaviour. Each year, students in the MYP also engage in at least one collaboratively planned interdisciplinary unit that involves at least two subject groups. Q How do I get an Attendance Letter for my child?A Many government agencies require verification of your child's enrolment in school. immunization record - proof that your child has been immunized, according to the recommended immunization schedule in Ontario. Schools can be either private schools or state schools. Beautiful tutoring center with lots of modern furniture and accessories. Also brochures are available at the school. I met with Diana and booked a few classes with her. Mr. Hooey, an accountant, asked the school for a breakdown of where the $3,000 in fees were going. Some schools hold Waiting Lists for all oversubscribed year groups and others hold Waiting Lists for the first term of the year of entry only (i.e. We have a number of students and staff in our schools that have a life-threatening food allergy. What are the roles and responsibilities of parents/guardians?

All of the extra accommodations itemized here are a courtesy of York Region Tutoring aimed at giving students every possible resource to succeed. Help him build up his tutoring empire. To the extent I got a 95 on my final exam. I would give this 10 stars if I could. I highly recommend John to anyone that is looking for help in school. The tutoring center is great and Diana (the centre's secretary) is very kind to my daughter. Earlier this week he came home this week with a 96 percent mark! Williams Secondary School, Maple High School and Milliken Mills High School. It is designed for motivated students between the ages of 16 and 19 and promotes “healthy relationships, ethical responsibility and personal challenge". The location of the Epipen or in some cases, an extra Epipen must be provided to the main office with completed medical forms e.g., administration of medication. The highest mark in the class was 98 percent. S, Peterborough, ON K9K 1G, 235 Frontenac Street, Kingston, ON K7L 3S7, 636 Goulais Ave., Sault Ste.

Marie, ON P6C 5A7, 7215 Millcreek Dr., Mississauga, ON L5N 3R3, 3660 Midland Ave, Floor 5, Toronto, ON M1V 0B8, 301 Church Street, Belleville, ON K8N 3C7, 11570 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill, ON L4E3N7, PO Box 3013 2 Ridley Rd., St. Catharines, ON L2R 7C3, 145 Guildwood Parkway, Scarborough, ON M1E 1P5, 130 W. Churchill Dr., Thunder Bay, ON P7C 1V5, 50 Bristol Rd. Guidance counsellors are always available when students need to talk to about personal issues that they need help with, in a warm, non-judgmental and confidential environment.

There are different courses within each subject group. Thank you for accessing our Google Reviews page. Some schools hold Waiting Lists for all oversubscribed year groups and others hold Waiting Lists for the first term of the year of entry only (i.e.

All are open and willing to discuss any issues you may have.Student Engagement. The online waiting list position checker for Year 7, Reception and Year 3 admissions in the 2020 to 2021 academic year has now closed You can learn more about our robust eTutoring program by visiting yorkregiontutoring.com - It's all there on the home page! If you have a specific issue you can address this with a teacher, guidance, a Vice Principal or the Principal.

The York Region District School Board IB Programme application is completed centrally for all York Region IB Schools.

Q Will the students be given guidelines, units and topics covered and expectations from each of the subjects?A Yes, at the beginning of each semester, each student will be given a course outline for each subject. We worked with him a lot at home and signed him up with York Region Tutoring in October. Email: info@yorkregiontutoring.com, “Excellent tutoring centre, plenty of resources for students to better their understanding in a vast number of subjects.” – Kiara, Grade 11 Student, YCDSB. The note must read that the student in question was seen on the day of the evaluation and was unable to attend school. Info Bayview Secondary School (Bayview SS)'s IB department has 2 courses in Course Hero with 29 documents and 1 answered questions. Students have full access to our past tests bank, and are encouraged to come to the Markham tutoring centre and write past tests or exams to help them prepare for the real thing. You can only request to go on a Waiting List in the following circumstances: Continue reading You live in York Region at the time of application (students apply centrally to their area IB School). Struggling to adjust to the higher level math. apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios and situations. With this in mind you may wish to consider submitting an appeal for a place at your preferred school if you have not done so already, rather than waiting for a place to become available. Where can I find information about extended support offered by the school?A Some Departments in the school (including Math, English and Science) do offer peer tutoring for students to obtain extra help during their lunch break or after school. A It is recommended to obtain the home work help information from BSS office or BSS website. Principal, Teacher & Head Tutor, Hello Everyone, Meeting dates can be found listed in the Calendar Section. It is also very accessible because there is the option to be tutored over Skype, in person or both. It really helped me through my grade 11 English and I got a very high mark on my final exam. With changing demographics in the York Region making schooling more competitive, it can be difficult for students to attain the marks required for college and university admissions. Q How to register for grade 9 courses?A Courses can be viewed online through Career Cruising. Cecile, Hawkesbury, ON K6A 3R5, 1111 Chemin Montreal, Cornwall, ON K6H 1E1, 4800 avenue Notre Dame, Hanmer, ON P3P 1X5, 7585 Promenade Financial, Brampton, ON L64 5P4, 2021 Dundas St W., Mississauga, ON L5K 1R2, 3575 Fieldgate Drive, Mississauga, ON L4X 2J6, 415 Great Lakes Dr., Brampton, ON L6R 2Z4, 24 Weldon Road R.R. The school guidance department may also be able to provide assistance with information on how to help your child succeed.Q For French and/or Spanish what can my son/daughter do to communicate well/fluently in that language?A It is best to contact your child’s teacher who will have suggestions on how to improve their foreign language skills. very friendly and the best teacher I know, reasonable prices too. All applicants must list their homeroom teacher and we receive an email from BSS requesting references, so it's not like students choose who to ask a reference from. Williams Secondary School, Maple High School and Milliken Mills High School. The school phone number is 905-884-4453. Also, a medical alert bracelet is recommended for identification purposes.Q Is the food served in cafeteria healthy?