We all need to tweak the variables and figure out our optimal programming methodology. News, articles, personal pictures, videos & advice on everything related to bodybuilding - nutrition, supplementation, training, contest preparation, and more. All these man made things aren't as nutritious as natural products. It is very convenient, and there's no one around to prove that it is, in fact, bull. I would say 90% of the time bad genetics is when a bodybuilders legs are too small. Just like how someone who is not gifted at basketball needs to train harder to beat someone who is gifted at basketball. awinnerisyou has pectus excavatum and has worked harder on his pecs to compensate. So even if you're a "hard gainer" and you don't respond well, you can and will see results as long as you're consistent and as long as you continue to experiment. : Common body mass index-associated variants confer risk of extreme obesity. Yes, folks, I'm a deadlift-aholic. Mesomorphs should have about 20% fat, 40% protein, and 40% carbs. It is also imperative for Ectomorphs to eat very frequently - preferably a meal every 2 hours. Eat More Protein: Eating more protein ensures that your muscle won't be burned for energy when your eating less carbs. Remember gradual buildup is the key, you don't want to jump into cardio too fast or you will burn out. I was stuck at 165 lbs at 6'1". Most of them are thin and have little muscle giving them a frail appearance. Fawcett and Barroso showed that the fat mass and obesity-associated gene (FTO) is the first universally accepted locus unequivocally associated with adiposity. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the bodybuilding community. Your genetics have nothing to do with that. Basically if you have time to eat your six natural nutritious meals you should only be taking at the max 2-3 supplements. You gotta eat until you can't possibly eat anymore. Wow, sucks to be them! Rest in between sets 30 seconds to 1 minute and 30 seconds. FTO deficiency protects against obesity, and elevated levels increase adiposity most likely due to increased appetite and decreased energy expenditure. High intensity is an important factor. A simple solution to overcoming genetic disadvantages is to know your body type. This increases the fat burning process in the body. But if you keep doing more you will get less benefit for each set you do. There are three basic body types: Mesomorph, Ectomorphs, and Endomorphs. Lond. Mesomorphs should generally mix between isolation and compound exercises to get a perfect balance of mass and definition. Endomorphs should be training with moderate to low reps and moderate to high weight. Already has a muscular build as a beginning. Now, the question is, what mechanisms explain this? Getting enough sleep (8-10 hours per night) has been shown to increase levels of leptin, a hormone that suppresses appetite, and decrease levels of cortisol, a hormone that causes fat gain and muscle loss. Yang N, MacArthur DG, Gulbin JP, Hahn AG, Beggs AH, Easteal S, North K. ACTN3 genotype is associated with human elite athletic performance. Which Body Type Do You Have? This body type is muscular and athletic with broad shoulders and has a bold look to it. Choosing exercises that work all the parts of a body part is essential. They are characterized by flabby and rounded muscles and have a mushy look to them. Creatine can cause problems and muscle cramps if the user doesn't drink enough water, and creatine is not very safe for teens under 16. All the men in my family have massive upper bodies, but sticks for legs. Many people have to combat very tough genetic disadvantages. Doing so "deeply" stimulates the muscles and causes heavy gains in muscle mass. Will not lose muscle mass and might even gain when cutting. It is a potent nutrient partitioning agent. After you have been introduced into weights for at least a month and a half to two months and have gotten your stamina up you can start going heavy and gradually get more intense. Some people don't show any noticeable results. Plenty of other genes exhibit potential to improve athletic performance, such as the myostatin gene, but conclusive evidence doesn't yet exist, or we just don't possess a clear enough understanding of the entire puzzle. My favorite multivitamin is NOW Adam Multivitamin, as it contains all the essential vitamins and minerals plus Saw Palmetto, Ginko, and ZMA! All of them lose fat and gain some muscular shape. You read that correctly. Sticking to a diet rich in protein and consisting of a moderate amount of carbohydrates and protein will retain muscle mass, and allow for the burning of adipose tissue. Not everyone is born with a bodybuilder's genetics. Genetics and Body Fat Genes can affect fat storage and fat loss by influencing energy intake, energy expenditure, or nutrient partitioning. This will create an anabolic environment and guarantee the muscle cells have enough nutrients to properly rebuild and grow! That is where weight gainers come into play. If you don't pay attention to your diet I can almost guarantee you will hardly gain any weight. If a mesomorph wants to use supplements, he should use multivitamins, whey protein powder, and glutamine, with creatine as an optional supplement, as well as a weight gainer instead of the protein powder. I have a body type that is somewhere between Ectomorph and Mesomorph. I am not completely ectomorph but I do lean towards the side of ectomorph. Obesity (Silver Spring) 14(4):529–644, 2006. The gym is full of phone-obsessed, squat rack curling wankers. Now that you know how much you have to eat its time to concentrate on other aspects of your diet. Mesomorphs are typically prone to excellent gains in muscle mass. All these calories will be used to repair and make your muscles grow rather than gain fat since an Ectomorph's body metabolizes everything very fast. Probably everyone I go to school think that supplements are key in gaining muscle or whatever their goal may be and they eat fries and burgers. Whole wheat bread, bagels, cereal that isn't loaded with sugar, and whole wheat pasta (No white bread because it has low nutritional value). Your "fast metabolism" may be an extra 200 calories burned, you are 6'4" and means you have a much higher TDEE then someone 5'10" you just don't know how to eat enough, if you pretty much aren't constantly full and feeling like you can't possibly eat anymore then you need to eat more! Ectomorphs should have a main focus on gaining as much lean body mass as possible, and excessive cardiovascular training is simply setting one's self up for failure. Change the look of your physique in 12 workouts with this insane (but intelligently designed) delt specialization plan. Rep range between 6-12 for muscular growth. Glutamine helps keep the body in an anabolic (muscle building) state and help prevent muscle loss post work out. You did it as a kid. Second, the protocols used in the research didn't involve any experimentation, tweaking, and auto-regulatory training. However, I have a very hard time gaining muscle mass. Check 'em out. My front deltoids are also another one of my big genetic advantages, as all the men in my family had boulder shoulders as well. Since Endomorphs carry a bit of extra body fat, the use of fat burners and non stimulant fat loss products is recommended. Here's why the first step to fat loss is taking personal responsibility. Also if you do one exercise for nine sets you muscles will just adapt to that exercise and gains won't come as fast. This was accompanied by a 54% increase in mean fiber area. And that's good news. What Are Some Of Your Genetic Advantages? 5777 N Meeker Ave, Boise, ID 83713-1520 USA, Optimum nutrition's new Pro Weight Gainer. People who aren't naturally gifted in something usually have to practice harder because they don't have the genetics like some people do to make it come naturally. If you use that as an excuse well then of course you will remain skinny or fat, because if you think about it, if you train hard and diet well its not possible that you won't gain anything unless your one of those people who quit after a month or two because they aren't seeing amazing results. They gain mass easily but the definition is difficult because of the fat and water layer between the skin and the muscles. Mesopmorphs can get away with eating some not so "bodybuilding friendly" foods occasionally, but for maximum muscle gains Mesomorphs should eat a protein rich diet - chock full of wholesome foods. This can be obtained by super sets, compound sets, drop sets, and giant sets. Although the research in this article is pretty scary, I have something to say about it. Here's why. I have big ol' birthin' hips and will never have a trim waist- but what i can do is work on my shoulders to make my waist look thin. It may cause liver or kidney damage if taken in overdose and not absorbed. Cauci S, Santolo M, Ryckmann KK, Williams SM, Banfi F. Variable number of tandem repeat polymorphisms of the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene IL-1RN: a novel association with the athlete status. Disadvantages? However, if you aspire to be a full-blown professional bodybuilder, you will have to be almost immune to the negative effects of the drugs. A protein rich diet is very crucial for Ectomorphs to progress in this sport. There are also some people who just remain skinny no matter what they eat or how much they train or some just gain fat like you wouldn't believe and end up with hardly any muscle definition. Especially if you have a slow metabolism like many Endomorphs do, your body won't metabolize the sugar fast at all which means you will gain a lot of fat if you keep spiking your insulin. Its cool that I can get skinny and can get a six pack pretty easy but because of my long arms and legs and fast metabolism it doesn't even look like I lift.. its frustrating. Training with heavy weights is usually optimal for ectomorphs. The ACE gene, also known as the antiotensin converting enzyme, has also been implicated in human performance. Timmons JA. keep it up. I also enjoy my height, as being tall has everyday advantages over being short.