You don't want one thinking I need to get 30 and my strike partner has 15 and then I've outdone him by 15. "He's probably played both at times, one of them at times but there's not been one clean sheet which is an unbelievable stat. "I always remember a group stage game in the Champions League in Barcelona when the two played together. When Yorke signed for United from Aston Villa in the summer of 1998, Sir Alex Ferguson already had Cole, Sheringham and Solskjaer on his books - but he was keen to sign a different type of centre-forward. "The problem with the away form is most managers will think they can't play two strikers in a tough away game but I think he has to play two strikers because they can't keep a clean sheet. "That game sticks in my mind," he said. It was a match made in heaven. You just didn't think he was the one that was coming to United. You just didn’t think he was the one that was coming to United. In January 1999, Yorke’s hat-trick and Cole’s double helped United to a 6-2 win over Leicester at Filbert Street. “Then it went on to Carlos Tevez and Wayne Rooney, who were absolutely sensational as well. Dwight Yorke I felt was the best player. “In terms of which player caused me more problems, Yorke was always in front of me, whereas Cole was always looking to run in behind. Yorke scored twice against the Reds during the 1998/99 season while the Sky Sports pundit was featuring for Gerard Houllier's side. Newcastle fans in Mike Ashley plea for season ticket suspension amid coronavirus, What Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti thinks of Man Utd transfer interest, PLAYER RATINGS: Harry Maguire showed his mettle with fine display, Timo Werner issues warning to Chelsea defenders after Southampton draw, Mikel Arteta fumes after VAR failed to review Walker's high challenge, NBA: Anthony Davis plans to re-sign with champions Los Angeles Lakers, Las Vegas to host men’s regional for first time, Bathurst 1000 2020 live updates: Top 10 shootout, Bathurst 1000: Heavy crashes delay proceedings at Mount Panorama, NASCAR drivers talk Clint Bowyer’s legacy as his surprise retirement approaches, WWE finally gives everyone the Roman Reigns they wanted, Jey Uso on facing Roman Reigns at Clash of Champions, why he prefers tag team wrestling and a rebirth of the Samoan SWAT Team, Road Warrior Animal death: WWE legend and former Legion of Doom member dies aged 60, Wrestling legend Joe ‘Animal’ Laurinaitis, member of the Road Warriors, dies at 60, Seth Rollins talks Dominik Mysterio, expecting a baby with Becky Lynch, ‘spoiled’ fans and more, ECB reveal new format for 60-over and Twenty20 Blast next year, Week 6 NFL Picks: Chiefs, Bills look to bounce back on Monday Afternoon Football – The Denver Post. They lit up the whole league, they lit up Europe. "Ultimately, if you are going to finish in the top four you've got to pick your away form up," Cole said. I’ve never seen anything like it. Jamie Carragher enjoyed several battles down the years with both Yorke and Cole during his time at Liverpool. Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole defined an entire era of dominance for Manchester United, as Gary Neville recalled on MNF Retro… The club’s treble win during the 1998/99 season shines bright as the standout success of Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign at Old Trafford, but that … Carragher added: "It's not easy to get two strikers in the team nowadays. When you play in a partnership you have to do things like that. “That game sticks in my mind,” he said. "It was an understanding we had. On MNF Retro Gary Neville discussed the various strike partnerships he played with over the years at Manchester United and who he felt were the best. It was not until October 1998 when the Scot’s hand was forced during a Premier League encounter against Southampton. Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole defined an entire era of dominance for Manchester United, as Gary Neville recalled on MNF Retro…. Unai Emery says he is very proud with Arsenal’s togetherness and spirit following their 2-0 win against Newcastle. The rest, as they say, is history... Gary Neville told MNF Retro: "When I first came into the Manchester United team, it was Eric Cantona and Mark Hughes, and during this period it was Yorke and Cole, with Teddy [Sheringham] and Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] as well as strike partners. “The season had already started, and it was a surprise in some ways. Manchester United: Schmeichel, Brown, Stam, Neville, Irwin, Beckham, Scholes, Keane, Blomqvist, Cole, Yorke. The club's treble win during the 1998/99 season shines bright as the standout success of Sir Alex Ferguson's reign at Old Trafford, but that campaign could have panned out very differently.