[36] He won the fight by unanimous decision.

Jon Litterine breaks down four key fights and makes his picks from a DraftKings perspective. Et Goliath a gagné. [37], Volkanovski was expected to face Jeremy Kennedy at UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura on 19 November 2017 in Sydney, Australia. So I know if I fight well, I’m going to win. UFC Fight Night viewers guide: In long-awaited return, will Brian Ortega be better than ever? L'entraîneur de MMA, Joe Lopez, déclare que Volkanovski, désigné homme du match lors de la finale du Group 7 de 2011, a commencé à s'entraîner en MMA[5] et en lutte gréco-romaine pour se préparer physiquement pour le rugby à XIII. But it would also ensure a far greater crowd than the 21,000 or so that could cram into Qudos Bank Arena. The Korean Zombie Apologizes For Trash Talking Brian Ortega, Alexander Volkanovski, The Weekly Grind: Donald Cerrone gives Time Square’s ‘Naked Cowboy’ a run for his money, Alexander Volkanovski Wants Next Challenger To Earn Shot, Favors Korean Zombie Over Brian Ortega, Alexander Volkanovski Shuts Down ‘Ridiculous’ Holloway Trilogy Fight, Morning Report: Chris Weidman believes Israel Adesanya is ‘a tailor-made matchup for me’, Volkanovski: „Ludzie mówią, że powinienem walczyć z Hollowayem”, Randy Couture vs. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira. Wins by Knockout.

J'adore le fait que tout repose sur vous, vous faites ce que vous devez faire pour gagner. The Great. Portail arts martiaux et sports de combat, https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alexander_Volkanovski&oldid=172989221, licence Creative Commons attribution, partage dans les mêmes conditions, comment citer les auteurs et mentionner la licence. Volkanovski remporte le combat par décision unanime[réf. nécessaire]. [49] He won the fight via technical knockout in round two. 11.

Megan Anderson was another Aussie to return a 1-1 UFC record in 2019, one she will look to build on in Norfolk on Feb. 29. Alexander Volkanovski was on Sunday crowned the UFC's featherweight champion as he rounded out a stellar 12 months with victory over Max Holloway in Las Vegas. [32][33] He announced at the post fight press conference that he would drop from lightweight to featherweight for his next fight. The Korean Zombie experimented with some trash talking but will no longer be parta... Instagram: @cowboycerrone For more UFC, sign up here for ESPN+ http://plus.espn.com/ufc. Digs deep to retain UFC gold. Lors de la conférence de presse d'après combat, il annonce son intention de passer de la catégorie poids léger à poids plume lors de son prochain combat[16],[1].

If I go out there and lose, then it’s my fault. "So beating Max really probably makes me skip a few fights, so now I'm right up there. BoxRec.com uses cookies to make the site simpler. But again, I'm looking to be probably one of the GOATs myself [and] I don't reckon we're far away. Alexander Volkanovski "The Great" Born: 1988-09-29 AGE: 32 Windang, New South Wales … Record 22-1-0. [20] He claims to have watched Ultimate Fighting Championship events since childhood and would often rent UFC VHS tapes from Blockbuster as well as purchase UFC pay per views from 14 years of age. Vous pouvez modifier la page pour effectuer la traduction. You can be playing a team sport and have a good game, and you can lose.

I like that. What's next for Kamaru Usman, Alexander Volkanovski and other standouts after UFC 245. Sydney's Bankwest Stadium and Qudos Bank Arena - located at Olympic Park - have already been thrown up as possible venues, which would allow Volkanovski the chance to fight just a couple of hours from his home town. nécessaire]. Bankwest Stadium could be the harder sell given White told ESPN in 2018 that outdoor arenas "scare me" just as the same venue had been thrown up as a potential host for Whittaker's maiden title defence. [69], Volkanvoski has one boxing bout. Alexander Volkanovski won by Unanimous Decision in round 3 at 5:00. J'aime ça.

Volkanovski fait ses débuts promotionnels le 26 novembre 2016 et porte sa série de victoires à 11 avec un TKO au deuxième round contre Yusuke Kasuya lors de l'UFC Fight Night 101[14],[15]. I'm too well rounded, I would say there will definitely be a way to go to win every fight in front of me. Je sais que si je me bats bien, je vais gagner. Fight Win Streak.

View complete Tapology profile, bio, rankings, photos, news and record. Volkanovski successfully defended his UFC Featherweight Championship on Saturday, defeating Max Holloway via split decision (49-48, 48-49, 49-48) at UFC 251 in Abu Dhabi.

Volkanovski est né à Shellharbour, en Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, en Australie, il est de filiation macédonienne et grecque[3]. [17] He also played a crucial role in Warilla's 2011 Premiership winning season and received the Man of the Match award for his performance in his team's Grand Final victory over Gerringong. AFC Welterweight Tournament Quarterfinal. "I fought Chad Mendes, then [Jose] Aldo and then fighting Max Holloway, so three of the greatest featherweights probably our division's seen," Volkanovski said on his return to Australia. Il remporte ce combat par décision unanime[19]. [21], Coach Joe Lopez said Volkanovski started training in MMA at the age of 22[14] and Greco-Roman wrestling to keep fit during the rugby league off season, where he weighed 97 kg (214 lb). [12][13] He decided to give up wrestling at the age of 14 and instead focused on a career in rugby league as a front rower. Alexander 'The Great' Volkanovski is a Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) athlete competing in the Featherweight Division of the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship), has an impressive 21-1 pro record and is undefeated with the UFC since joining in 2016. nécessaire].

Ainsi en 2012 il fait ses débuts en MMA[6] en catégorie poids moyen, il pèse alors 95 kg (210 lbs) pour une taille de 1,67 m. Progressivement il change de catégorie pour la catégorie poids léger puis poids plume[5]. [52] He won the fight via unanimous decision.

The Illawarra product had long been on the record as saying he would one day be champion, and fulfilled his own prophecy with a perfectly executed game plan that saw him claim a unanimous decision win. [45] He won the fight via technical knock out. [35], Volkanovski returned to Featherweight and faced Mizuto Hirota on 11 June 2017 at UFC Fight Night 110. He won a Pacific Xtreme Combat (PXC) title and two Australian Fighting Championship Featherweight titles. [23] Volkanovski quickly became a good counter striker with a powerful overhand right as well as a fantastic offensive wrestler. [14], "There are no excuses in fighting. [9], Volkanovski was born on 29 September 1988, in Shellharbour, New South Wales. The Illawarra product had long been on the record as saying he would one day be champion, and fulfilled his own prophecy with a perfectly executed game plan that saw him claim a unanimous decision win. [51], Volkanovski faced former featherweight champion José Aldo at UFC 237 on 11 May 2019. Le combat a lieu à un poids égal de 68 kg (150 livres)[réf. Chris Olson breaks down FanDuel strategy for the massive card. [66], Volkanovski is married to Emma and he has two daughters, Ariana and Airlie. Max Holloway:: UFC 251:: MMA Decisions", "John McCarthy Thinks Max Holloway Beat Alex Volkanovski At UFC 251", "Big John McCarthy unhappy with Max Holloway's controversial decision loss at UFC 251", "Twitter reacts to Alexander Volkanovski's narrow title defense against Max Holloway at UFC 251", "MMA fighter Alex 'The Hulk' Volkanovski aiming for world title", "Kaue Macedo exclusive interview with UFC featherweight world champion Alexander Volkanovski", "Combat Press 2019 MMA Awards: Breakout Fighter of the Year – Alex Volkanovski", Alexander "The Great" Volkanovski Official Web Site, Professional MMA record for Alexander Volkanovski, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alexander_Volkanovski&oldid=980568009, Rugby league players from New South Wales, Australian practitioners of Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Ultimate Fighting Championship male fighters, Short description is different from Wikidata, Wikipedia temporarily semi-protected biographies of living people, Use Australian English from November 2017, All Wikipedia articles written in Australian English, Articles with unsourced statements from July 2018, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Southern Fight Promotions – Cage Conquest 2, Revolution Promotions – Revolution at the Roxy, Australian National Schools Wrestling Competition, This page was last edited on 27 September 2020, at 07:09.

With Fight Island and three title fights just days away, we round up the RotoWire writers, editors and media contributors to make their picks for Saturday night's card. A graduate of Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series, Crute will throw down against Michal Oleksiejczuk on a card that will feature a host of Australian and New Zealand fighters and one that is being headlined by in-form Kiwi Dan Hooker's bout with American Sam Alvey. Despite a late opponent change, can DFS players safely lock in champion Kamaru Usman to the captain spot for Saturday's UFC 251? Record of opponents, … Il remporte le combat par décision unanime[26]. Alexander Yevgenievich Volkov (Russian: Александр Евгеньевич Волков; born October 24, 1988) is a Russian mixed martial artist who competes in the UFC's Heavyweight division.

18. [68] Because of his Macedonian and Greek heritage, he uses the nickname "The Great" in reference to Alexander the Great, claiming that he was of a mixed Macedonian and Greek heritage, similar to himself. I've got my eye on them and I believe I can beat them all. Southern Fight Promotions – Cage Conquest 2, Revolution Promotions – Revolution at the Roxy, Dernière modification le 16 juillet 2020, à 23:57. [58] This decision was controversial amongst media outlets[59][60][61] and mixed martial arts personalities such as UFC president Dana White,[62] former referee and creator of the rules system John McCarthy[63][64][65] and multiple mixed martial artists. Ortega, Jung make weight for UFC Fight Night, McGregor says he will fight Poirier on Jan. 23, Sources: Calvillo tests positive, out of UFC 254, Freire to head return of Bellator featherweight GP, Sources: Viral KO star Buckley set for UFC 255, Gane-Delija fight off due to contract dispute, White: Yan vs. Sterling in works for UFC 256, Inside the turbulent journey to Brian Ortega vs. Chan Sung Jung, The two lives of Brian Ortega: From menacing streets to UFC stardom, Helwani: It's never easy with Conor McGregor and the UFC, but end result is always worth it, Cyborg chokes out Blencowe, retains Bellator title, The UFC's best nicknames and the stories behind them, Why UFC lightweight champ Khabib Nurmagomedov doesn't expect to ever face Tony Ferguson, UFC fighters react to Joaquin Buckley's spectacular KO of Impa Kasanganay on 'Fight Island', MMA, boxing and wrestling are all facing a major issue: a cracked combat sports pipeline, he told ESPN pre-fight his current abode wasn't befitting a UFC champion, UFC's Aussie love affair strengthens ... and vice versa. [34][8], Volkanovski was expected to face Michel Quiones on 19 February 2017 at UFC Fight Night 105. [46], Volkanovski faced Darren Elkins on 14 July 2018 at UFC Fight Night 133. [54] After using volumes of low kicks and outstriking the champion in every round, Volkanovski won the fight via unanimous decision. Titre UFC Featherweight champion of the world.

Débutant en tant qu'amateur en catégorie poids moyen, il remporte quatre combats avant de devenir professionnel.