Most of the time, your bruises happen because of an obvious injury. it doesn t look like a circle or anything but more like a stretch mark , but it is spreading ... View answer, Hello Ii was wondering about a bruise on my leg. To make sure that you do not get frostbite, make sure to wrap the ice pack in a towel or a similar cloth. Most aren’t anything to worry about and heal on their own. But if you still find unusual bruises after switching up your diet or cutting back on OTC pain relievers, it may be time to consult a doctor. A bruise, or contusion, is an injury to skin or tissues just under your skin. The Colorful Stages of Bruises: What’s Going on in There? It could also come from a bleeding disorder, overusing the body part during exercise or using blood thinners. Your age, sex, and genes can all play a role. What’s Causing Broken Blood Vessels on My Face? Aspirin, coumadin, alcohol, all of these worsen the condition.

Pain nerve endings would tell you there's a problem. But if that doesn’t work, here are six other hacks to try.

Because of this, you are more likely to have a bruise or prolonged bleeding. You can’t avoid all bruises, but you can lower your chances of getting hurt: Sources Currently you have JavaScript disabled. You think a sprain or broken bone may have caused it. Oftentimes, you can reduce your risk for future bruising by making sure you’re getting the right nutrients in your diet. Learn how long it takes to…. By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions, rolling around on the floor. A bruise is just broken capillaries beneath the skin.

There is a difference in the way each gender organises fat and blood vessels in the body. Vitamin C, for example, supports your immune system and aids in wound healing. If the bruise is small or has been present for a few days, it probably will not hurt either.

Tiny red or purple spots are called petechiae.
Its just the severity of the bruise and the underlying muscular damage that makes it hurt, and not the appearance of a bruise. •             In 10 to 14 days, it’s yellowy-brown or light brown.

ZEE ENTERTAINMENT ENTERPRISES LTD, 18th floor, A-Wing, Marathon Futurex, N. M. Joshi Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400013. He says it doesn t hurt .

The color transition looks something like this: A bruise may clear in the center before the outer edges. It pools and forms clots and changes the color of the skin above the injury.

Here are 10 easy treatments to lessen the pain and reduce the visibility. This should help prevent the bruise from growing larger. Learn effective ways to relieve stress and anxiety with these 16 simple tips.
Thrombophilia means that your blood has an increased tendency to clot. Sign Up to Receive Our Free Coroanvirus Newsletter. New Reply Follow New Topic. One side effect of chemotherapy is a reduction in blood platelets. Other symptoms of vitamin K deficiency include: If you suspect that your bruising is a result of deficiency, see a healthcare provider.

You need vitamin K for proper blood clotting. You can also develop bruising and bleeding problems during cancer treatment due to: You probably don’t need to see a doctor for an everyday bruise.

Weird bruise... doesn't hurt? Left Brain vs. This means that a minor bump or injury can cause large or lumpy bruises. Many people use arnica, quercetin, vitamin B-3, or vitamin K creams to help speed up bruise healing... Wrap it up. Depending on your symptoms, you may also need an X-ray or other imaging tests to check for fractured bones.

Anticoagulants (blood thinners) and over-the-counter (OTC) pain medications like aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil), and naproxen (Aleve) affect your blood’s ability to clot. These bruises, known as actinic purpura, may start with red flat blotches, then turn purple, deepen and gradually fade away. Near the shin always.

People who take blood thinners bruise more easily. TheHealthSite.com is India's largest health site with more than 40 lakh unique visitors per month.

Bruising is common. Plug in a nightlight so you’re not stumbling around in the dark. World No Tobacco Day 2020: Know your risk of different types of cancers if you smoke or chew tobacco, Russia’s Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine gets DCGI nod for clinical trials in India, Congenital heart defects not linked to severe COVID-19 symptoms, COVID-19 Live Updates: Cases in India surge to 74,32,680 while death toll reaches 1,12,998, WHO Solidarity trial: Remdesivir has no substantial effect on mortality in COVID-19 patients, People with blood group O less susceptible to COVID-19: Lung, kidney damage likely in A, AB blood types, Good news for lazy people: Being a couch potato may actually be good for your brain, Early menopause ups your risk of osteoporosis by almost 56 per cent: How to deal with it.

So, any other reasons why this... View answer, . There’s usually no reason for concern. If you become injured, you may develop internal bleeding, bruising and uncontrollable bleeding. A bruise shows up when an injury makes small blood vessels under your skin bleed. If NHL spreads to the bone marrow, it can reduce the number of blood cells in your body. Leave it there 15 to 20 minutes, take it off for 30 minutes or so, then put it back on.

Have any doubts about how to reduce bruises, click here. Wear protective gear like helmets or shin guards if you play sports. This may result from an uptick in your body’s natural cortisol production or overuse of corticosteroid medications. Right Brain: What Does This Mean for Me? As you get older, your body is less able to heal. Although the specific protein involved in this disorder is different than the one associated with hemophilia A, the conditions share the same symptoms.

Im 24 and diabetic. One type of collagen disorder is known as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and you may bruise easily if you have this disorder. Excess stress is a common problem for many people. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. You got it from hitting your head, trunk, or belly.Â, Bleeding disorders like hemophilia or von Willebrand’s disease, Thrombocytopenia (when you don’t have enough platelets in your blood), Cancers like leukemia, Hodgkin’s disease, or multiple myeloma. Some conditions that can cause this are: Certain medications can also affect platelet counts, such as: A chest bruise that won’t go away could be due to: Chest bruising can take up to 6 weeks to heal. the bruise just started showing up two days ago. Always see your doctor after a chest injury.

Read more. When blood doesn’t clot quickly, more of it pools beneath the skin and forms a bruise. Cushing syndrome causes the skin to thin, resulting in easy bruising. Chocolate: Chocolate has anti-inflammatory properties, so melt some chocolate with a high cocoa content and smear it onto the bruise. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911. Keep walkways clear of furniture or other things you can bump into. Christopher Pavlinec, MD answered this What could cause a painless bruise on penis? They aid in the formation of red blood cells, help maintain mineral levels, and lower your cholesterol. All rights reserved. A 2010 study found that this herb could reduce inflammation and swelling when applied a few... Vitamin K cream. Harder blows tend to cause bigger bruises -- also called contusions. Enter your password. In some cases, random bruising may be associated with one of the following less common causes. View our slideshows to learn more about your health.

Just wondering if I need to take her ... View answer, I fell and hit my left side 6 days ago. What is it???? The area of skin right under the bruised section of my nail is brown as well ...I've had what I assumed was a bruised toe for about 12-13 years now. Most cases of random bruising are nothing to worry about. 24 years experience Pulmonary Critical Care. Without enough platelets, the blood has trouble clotting. I do bruise easily, so I didn t think much of it, but the more I look at it I am curious that... View answer. Here's what left brain vs. right brain means…. The skin is also thin, fragile, and easily damaged.

All rights reserved. This may be due to a condition known as compartment syndrome .

A black eye, or “shiner,” is an example of this kind of bruise. Complications can include infection and difficulty breathing. They dont itch nor hurt. An X-ray can confirm or rule this out. #6 Hemophilia: Hemophilia is the opposite process of thrombophilia. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. . Got a dark purple/red vain type bruise on inner thigh. You may have bumped into furniture when you woke up at night or tripped on something. Rest and Ice It: Try not to use the area with the bruise on it for at least the first day. Diabetes is a metabolic condition that affects your body’s ability to produce or use insulin. Broken blood vessels on the face can happen to anyone at any age. Also Read - Dengue fever: Keep it at bay with these simple tips, Bruises are caused when blood vessels are damaged or broken as a result of skin injury. If the bruise does not go away in this time frame, then there may be something more serious wrong. Blood platelets then form a clot to plug the leak. Knowing about a bruise’s lifespan will help you know why there's a rainbow of color changes on your bruise. This medical condition causes you to have low levels of blood platelets, which makes it harder for your blood to clot. You can also try a few home remedies: If your injury isn’t serious, or there’s no underlying disease, no medical treatment is necessary. I did have that toe stepped on 2 ... of the toe nail, and is uncomfortable if applied pressure to. They are green and then they change to red and fade away in 1-2 weeks. Keep walkways clear of furniture or other things you can bump into.

what can this be from? ... View answer, My friend has what appears to be a bruise on his arm that seems to be spreading. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. should i be worried? For example, if you banged your shin, keep your leg propped up.

We focus on fitness, beauty, health, pregnancy and more. A flat, purple bruise that happens when blood leaks into the top layers of your skin is called an ecchymosis.

If the bruise does not go away in this time frame, then there may be something more serious wrong. See a doctor or other healthcare provider right away if you experience any of the following: Last medically reviewed on November 9, 2018, Bruises are common and usually disappear with time. Learn about how to get…, Sporadic bruising usually isn't cause for worry. Wheeler, MD on May 06, 2019. To be safe, you should make an appointment with your primary care doctor, who can look at the area and confirm that it is a bruise. Your Brain Just Can’t Handle It, 16 Simple Ways to Relieve Stress and Anxiety, How to Fall Asleep in 10, 60, or 120 Seconds, a crawling or tingling feeling in your legs, cravings to eat things that are not food, such as ice, dirt, or clay, excessive bleeding from punctures or wounds, tingling, pain, or numbness in the hands or feet, severe bleeding after injuries, dental work, or surgeries, nosebleeds that last longer than 10 minutes, a cough, difficulty swallowing, or breathlessness (if the lymphoma is in the chest area), indigestion, stomach pain, or weight loss (if the lymphoma is in the stomach or bowel), excessive bleeding after injury, surgery, or childbirth, purple stretch marks on the breasts, arms, abdomen, and thighs, fatty tissue deposits in the face and upper back, a bruise that increases in size over time, a bruise that doesn’t change within two weeks, severe night sweats (that soak through your clothes), unusually heavy periods or large blood clots in menstrual flow.

Not all muscle soreness is the same. This is supposed to help tighten the blood vessels to help your bruise go away. Initial tests plus a physical exam will inform the next steps.

Damage to blood vessels can cause bruising and blood clots, but the two conditions have many differences.