Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Love You Hubby. Having heard about this great loss, the family of this individual are passing through pains,mourning the … I’m gonna miss you. Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site. He’s Been teaching Waack Dancing in Japan , China and Globally after being the Main Pioneer of Waacking from the Clubs to Soul Train before I pegged the name Waacking because the way he taught it to us telling us ; You Gotta Wack that head , you gotta wack those arms to the beat !! Proctor learned the students were actually crying tears of gratitude. Cornelius nicknamed Proctor “The Bone” because of his lanky physique. I will miss your binder of pictures and poses and the videos you would share in class. He’s Been teaching Waack Dancing in Japan , China and Globally after being the Main Pioneer of Waacking from the Clubs to Soul Train before I pegged the name Waacking because the way he taught it to us telling us ; You Gotta Wack that head , you gotta wack those arms to the beat !! Tyrone Proctor is one of the last of the living Pioneers of the 70’s dance craze Waacking. Our deepest condolences and sympathy during this difficult time. Tyrone dancing was a main feature on one of Randy Jackson’s “America Best Dance Crew” segments. Tyrone was hilarious! We will share updates when confirmed and released and as we learn more. I’m gonna miss our late night conversations. Fly in Joy…. He was the person that first walked me into the Soul Train TV Studio and has been one of the biggest influences on my life and career . Copyright © 2020 Broadway Dance Center. Jeffrey Daniel found out from Tyrone’s sister about Tyrone Proctor death. Great Memories. Tyrone “The Bone” Proctor, one of the last of the Waacking dance pioneers, passed away in his sleep on Saturday at his home in New York. He’d ask me to post some of his favorite songs on his page so he could listen to them later. The group’s moves and style influenced 1970s pop culture, showing up in films including “Saturday Night Fever” (1977) and “Thank God It’s Friday” (1978). All Rights Reserved. It’s so hard for me to believe that My Beautiful New York Hubby & Legendary Soul Train Dancer Tyrone Proctor has made his transition from this life. Tyrone and his dance partner Sharon Hill-Wood were winners on American Bandstand in 1975 and made numerous appearances in Right On Magazine which led to his teenaged Idol status for many years. He told me to really feel the music before doing all movement. He had no fear. I would always watch him in footage and be like wow I could call him right now and I would wonder who am I and how did I get so lucky to be able to build this small relationship with a legend. He was personally chosen by Don Cornelius to perform in the Don Cornelius & The Soul Train Gang Presents stadium tour in 1973. Please keep me in your prayers. Jeffrey Daniels announced Tyrone Proctor death in a statement that read: It Is with a Very Heavy Heart to announce that my Brother in Dance ,Love and Life has passed away . When Proctor graduated high school, he moved to L.A. at 17 in 1972, determined to nab a spot on “Soul Train” — Don Cornelius’ iconic dance and music TV show that ran from 1971 to 2006. Tyrone ‘The Bone’ Proctor was an inspirational legend, choreographer and one of Don Cornelius and Soul Train’s premiere dancers.”- Bill Coleman, Peace Bisquit. Get news, updates, special event notices and more when you join our email list. Awards. You have inspired me and my fiance in so many ways it would take years to explain them all. The style of dance — created a generation before the East Coast’s vogue — was inspired by drag queen performances and the glamour of women from Hollywood’s golden era. In 1988 he choreographed the first video to incoroprate voguing with Taylor Dane's "Tell It To My Heart. I am heartbroken and shocked beyond words. May Tyrone Proctor soul rest in perfect peace. As a gay Black man in the 1970s, Proctor had to hide who he was in public. Ah-Hahaha!!! Having heard about this great loss, the family of this individual are passing through pains,mourning the … He could keep me laughing all night. Whenever I was sad or not feeling well, he would always call to check on me. Brandy Sanders remembers Proctor with “a heavy heart” and that “whenever I was sad or not feeling well, he would always call to check on me.”, Jeffrey Daniel, the dancer, choreographer, and singer-songwriter best known as a founding member of the R&B group Shalamar, recalled how Proctor “touched so may people around the world with his talent and crazy sense of humor.”, RELATED | Truman's Book Club: 'The Hippest Trip in America: Soul Train and the Evolution of Culture and Style', has been awarded life time achievement awards, Truman's Book Club: 'The Hippest Trip in America: Soul Train and the Evolution of Culture and Style', Joe Biden Will Fight For Queer People With Disabilities Like Me, 'X Factor' Winner Dalton Harris Seems to Comes Out as Pansexual, Top, Watch ‘Uncle Frank’ First Trailer, Revisit 1970s Gay Life, Drag Race's Monique Heart Opens Up About Conversion Therapy Experience, Indya Moore Gets Second 'Vogue' Cover, Talks Religious Upbringing, This Queer Brand Just Released a Bodysuit Perfect for Thirst Traps, Australia Set to Fully Outlaw 'Gay Panic' Defense. A choreographer and teacher until the coronavirus lockdowns, Proctor, 66, died June 5 from a heart attack, said Burnett and her husband, dancer Archie Burnett. Proctor took the moves to “Soul Train,” touring nationally with Cornelius and other renowned dancers including locking pioneer Don “Campbellock” Campbell.