Hoffman's close friend, David Bar Katz, who discovered the actor's body Sunday with a syringe still in his arm, was visibly distraught as he arrived. Mimi O'Donnell and their daughter Willa leave the funeral mass for Phillip Seymour Hoffman at St. Ignatius Church. Although friends stated that Hoffman's drug use was under control at the time, on February 2, 2014, Hoffman was found dead in the bathroom of his Manhattan apartment by a friend, playwright and screenwriter David Bar Katz. The actor died of an apparent drug overdose. The star of "The Ides of March" and "Moneyball" was widely considered one of the premier actors of his generation, and earned three other Academy Award nominations in addition to his win for "Capote. About Our Ads It was beautiful. The Oscar-winning actor was found dead in his Manhattan apartment Sunday of an apparent drug overdose, law enforcement sources said. Two others were released pending court appearances.

"I won't ever memorialize you, you beautiful beautiful beast, because even in your absence you're so much more here than I am ... for the rest of my life I'm going to be looking towards the door waiting for you to walk in.". Philip Seymour Hoffman was mourned in New York on Friday with a star-studded private funeral attended by family and close friends. Do Gary Cohen, Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez have a home with Steve Cohen’s Mets?

''I was only able to work with him one time, but I love him and, a big loss, a big loss.". The district attorney's office declined to prosecute one suspect. A larger memorial service is being planned for later this month. They also found used syringes, prescription drugs and empty plastic bags of a type commonly used to hold drugs, the sources said. On Thursday night, family and close friends attended a private wake at the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Home.

TWITTER ", Mourners appeared overwhelmed as they exited the church after the lengthy funeral Mass. Lee directed Hoffman in The 25th Hour and Slattery directed Hoffman in his new film God's Pocket, which Hoffman promoted at last month's Sundance Film Festival. Philip Seymour Hoffman (Fairport, estado de Nueva York, 23 de julio de 1967 - Nueva York, 2 de febrero de 2014) ​ ​ fue un actor estadounidense. Adams, an Oscar-nominated co-star with Hoffman in "Doubt" and "The Master," was among those who filled the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola on the Upper East Side for the invitation-only farewell to the actor. Philip Seymour Hoffman's private funeral was held in Manhattan on Friday, with stars Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Ethan Hawke, Brian Dennehey, Amy … "We sincerely regret releasing a photo to the media this morning of Amy Adams with a Valentino bag," read a company statement. At about 1:30 p.m., pallbearers in black suits emerged from the church with Hoffman's coffin, carrying it to a hearse as O'Donnell and the couple's children stood at the top of the stairs. | Cookie Settings. David Bar Katz, who discovered Philip Seymour Hoffman’s body, with one of his sons. The somber crowd of those mourning the 46-year-old actor included many of Hoffman's former co-stars and directors according to the Associated Press, including Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Ethan Hawke, Michelle Williams, Joaquin Phoenix, Ellen Burstyn, Spike Lee, John Slattery and Mike Nichols (accompanied by his ABC News anchor wife Diane Sawyer), who directed Hoffman in his acclaimed Broadway production of Death of a Salesman and the 2007 film Charlie Wilson's War. By Ray Sanchez, Kristen Hamill and Rande Iaboni , CNN. 9:39 AM PST 2/7/2014 St. Ignatius Loyola Church where Philip Seymour Hoffman's funeral was held.

Philip Seymour Hoffman at the Los Angeles premiere of 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' on Nov. 18, 2013. Hoffman, 46, was found on the bathroom floor of his apartment, a needle in his arm. Mimi O'Donnell comforts two of the three children she shared with Philip Seymour Hoffman. He earned Academy Award nominations for roles in "Charlie Wilson's War," "Doubt," and "The Master. Hoffman's mother, Marilyn O'Connor, stood behind O'Donnell.

"Like a collapsed star, a teaspoon of you weighed a thousand tons," it read. A black hearse pulled up to the church shortly after noon Friday as a couple of dozen fans and mourners gathered nearby to pay their respects.

A ghoulish fashion publicist promoted a pricey Valentino bag carried by actress Amy Adams to the wake of Philip Seymour Hoffman as reeling friends and family gathered Friday for his funeral Mass. Ripley." ", Actress Cate Blanchett handled one of the readings, while director Paul Thomas Anderson delivered a moving eulogy for his Academy Award-winning friend.