I also like to make the slide we are working on as large as possible so I hit command and the minus key to enlarge the screen. I also made sure to include kid friendly instructions with each resource if your students will be using these independently as a center activity. We just open up the slides and use them that way. This site uses cookies for marketing purposes, so that we can better serve you. It helps educators save time grading and guides students to turn in their best work – all through the collaborative power of G Suite for Education. Contact your institution’s administrator to turn on Assignments within your LMS. Here is a sample of what is looks like up close. Once they are done, there is only one thing left to do, send them to the kids. The proper use of articles is another area that is commonly taught in first grade. You can grade and return work from: The Student work page. Please try again. Possessive nouns is another area to cover in first grade. It is an all access phonemic pass. Having students find errors in sentences and fix them involves higher-order thinking, so it is a good way to get them thinking about things like the use of capital letters, punctuation, verb agreements, and more. Patrice,You can not click and move in presentation so we are never in that mode. But before I dive in, let me answer the most … I worked diligently to make sure to cover these standards while putting a lot of thought into making them developmentally appropriate. best backlinks. I have 48 different assignments for Turtle out the Word. Excellent! Clip activities came to me from the traditional activity where you use a laminated card and a clip. Find the first grade individual grammar resources here. In today's post I'll share what activities you can use in kindergarten, prek and preschool, as well as the first, second and third grades. These activities can also flow over into their writing activities. It can be tough to find engaging first grade grammar activities to use in one’s ELA centers. Application is always important, but sometimes there is definitely a gap between grammar and writing when they do not have some focused, engaging activities to make these concepts more concrete. Here are two adjective activities. Grab the task cards for free when you subscribe to my free newsletter! You could easily put a focus that week in writing workshop to get students paying attention to their use of nouns and verbs in a sentence to make sure they agree. Please check your email to confirm your subscription and to grab your freebie. The first gets students use to the idea of how some adjectives can describe one of the five senses. Another aspect of verbs to cover in first grade that is important is verb tenses. Then they drag and drop the letters to spell the word in the boxes provided. I use my mouse to advance to the next slide, I have a wireless one. Grammar plays a role with reading comprehension and writing development, so its important students are getting a firm foundation with grammar early on in elementary. ... By the way..if you have a SMART board it is easy to drag and drop if you make a fist. Grab this for free when you subscribe to the newsletter! That makes the concepts more concrete to them. I can finally say that I have completed all of the skills I use in my first grade classroom and have them organized for each week of our learning next year. The process of cutting and laminating all of the cards, only to have them last a year or so was not appealing. At the beginning of each digital grammar activity, I include a video that plays at the beginning of each of them that teaches the grammar concept. Here is a photo of us completing it together on the SMART board and individually on the Chromebook. As students begin to gain a firm foundation in recognizing and understanding verbs and plural nouns, they can then move on to subject-verb agreement. Please check your email to confirm your subscription and to grab your freebie. It covers initials sounds, final consonant sounds, cvc words, short vowels, cvcc words, long vowels, cvce words, vowel teams, digraphs, diphthongs, r-controlled vowels, blends, and word endings. Thanks for joining us! There was an error submitting your subscription. Thanks for subscribing! That is why I came up with some digital activities that can be used in Google Classroom. Then I go and assign them using Google Classroom. Find all of the same features of Assignments in your existing Classroom environment.