The process of peer review is as old as academia, and it’s never too early to start. Popcorn is easily made and good for the budget too. All Rights Reserved.

hbspt.cta._relativeUrls=true;hbspt.cta.load(403995, '9efd744e-fc9e-4cb4-a219-1ec140b2040d', {}); Editor’s note: This post was originally published August 2018 and has been updated. This is a great way to engage commuters and get them interested in future campus activities events. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. We would love to hear from you! So there you have it: our top 4 ideas for commuter student events. The whole idea of a theatre group is to come together and perform as a team. Board games are back! Like everyone else on campus, you’ve got exams coming up, papers that are due, and a pile of reading to get through by Monday. They don’t live on campus, which means that commuter students often show up for school, go to a couple of classes, and then drive home straight away. Talk about a tall order! In this approach, students are given time to come up with their own ideas individually before sharing them out loud or posting them to an online whiteboard or other shared platform.

12 Fun Fall Activities for College Students 1) Organize a Fall Fest. Instead of whispering to each person, this is the same simple concept and each team of players is given a dry erase marker and a small flip pad of places to draw or sometimes write what they thought they read and pass it on to another player for the next turn. Easy Ways to Save Money If You Don’t Work in College. That’s why happening and successful college campus events are considered integral, not only students but also for the reputation of the college. Even taking 5 or 10 minutes to shift from knowledge intake to interaction can make a difference. Popcorn is easily made and good for the budget too. Check out these six tips for taking advantage of discounts for college students. College life is fun and fascinating for every student but, providing the students with exact blend of fun and studies can sometimes become imperative task for any college. During my freshman year of college, I worried that I wasn’t experiencing college because I wasn’t drinking and partying. Simple fun and with pics!!! Food, fun and games is always a winning combination,... 2) Tailgate with Classmates and Alumni. Fall and pumpkin festivals are the best! other authors and practice a little something from their websites. As hard as you laughed as a kid playing this classic game is how hard you will laugh in with this  family board games. Using the expansion packs the game can accommodate larger groups of 5 or 6 players. If you both attend the same college, find a museum that will let you in for free with your student IDs. We have a lot of fun together!). The round ends when everyone reveals what they thought they saw in each other’s drawing. If you have the longest continuous route or you earn bonus points and it takes great planning skill to earn Destination Tickets by connecting two distant cities. For those who love these kinds of games there are many extra packs available. Go geocaching, which is basically like a scavenger hunt. They are not read nor approved by Authentic Intimacy before posting and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Authentic Intimacy. Luckily for your college organization, you can invite an animal mental health group to your organization, often for free. All of these…, Looking for inspiration for less expensive presents for a teen or college kid? Enjoy each other’s company and the scenery. This helps students spot trends and consider new points of view. Go “treasure hunting” at secondhand stores. Who doesn't love a discount?

Have fun and enjoy your college years! Especially as a college student trying to save money. We may earn commissions or other compensation when you visit third-party websites or purchase products through links on our website. (Game with cards and drawing pad 4-8 players). I found it while searching on Yahoo News. The best-selling game was such great fun that there are now expansion packs which are a great addition for people who have played through the base game too many times. Nothing bring people together like roasting smores around an open fire. Many colleges and universities have nearby mental health animal organizations, often on-campus groups designed to cater to college organizations like yours. Start by dividing them into “home groups” (4 or 5 people works well). The evidence just keeps growing – postsecondary students engage more, learn more and accomplish more with active learning. Go to the park and play some ball — football, soccer, baseball, etc.