Yes, you had a good enough time with them, and you were OK with them putting their arm around you... but something inside of you wasn't completely sold yet? Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. When it comes to relationships, can love grow? It does eventually have to move on to a physical attraction though. Be the first to say “I’m sorry.” That old line from Love Story about love meaning never having … Although better late than never, the timing was a little unfortunate, as it was three weeks before I was due to leave. How will your emotions unfold in each one? Women took to Reddit to explain their experiences with each of these types of relationships, and their answers are as varied as they come. I don't know if you develop a feeling for their physical attraction over time though. When I fall (rarely, but when I do), I fall fast, I fall hard, and I will do absolutely anything for even a whisper of time with that person -- such is the absolute certainty of my feelings. kissyfurschaos - just a few more thoughts. By the time I left, though, we'd become closer than I think either of us expected. Boolifooli - I could have written that post OP its very definitely possible for a relationship to flourish on this basis. To date we have a pretty good sex life!However, this is your journey. Just get to know each other. However, I do not think you should feel that you have to go in constantly suspicious of every nuance of evey word and analysisng every little thing your new man does. I know what SolidGoldbangers is saying but I don't think you should enter every possible new relationship trying to figure out if the guy is a predator or not! lol betadad Maybe it was just Yorkshire she hated? Qualities such as kindness, stability, wisdom, good communication skills and willingness to actively show up in the relationship are equally as vital. in my profile. Each state has its own rules for mail-in absentee voting. As others said there is no pressure, this is what dating is for. (I'm planning to move from Sydney to New York in early 2015, and this trip was a reconnaissance mission -- or 'reccie', as us Aussies say.) Why not spend some time with him as friends and see how it goes - you'll know as time goes on whether it feels right or not. Did it work etc?> Thanks for reading :-), Who know but I doubt it.I think to some extent you have to follow your heart on this one. Has anyone here fallen in love with someone over time? I think yes you can grow to love someone you don't feel physically attracted to by seeing and appreciating the good in them. Initial "huge attraction" doesn't seem to have worked out well for you in the past. I don't think there is any harm in giving it some time to see how things develop. To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet. I just don't know what to do. Visit your state election office website to find out whether they offer early voting. Will one be more successful in the long-term? That's what dating is for. Thankfully, he lived up to his profile -- he looked cute, seemed nice and we talked and laughed easily. But I enjoyed the fact that he was the one who did the chasing and really seemed to care for me. Some 25 years, 2 DSs and several pretty awful events later I would say we are happier and more settled together than ever. That would be equally corrosive.Being friends first is a fantastic start and will sustain a long term relationship in very difficult times. Three months later, he's still there. In fact, she hated me even though I was totally besotted with her. He said he was glad I said that, as he was feeling the same way. We went out together for 3 years and then lived together for 2 more years before getting married.Don't make anything of a commitment - just take it very slowly and if it is going to work then it will. You don't need an excuse to vote early. This is page 1 of 3 (This thread has 68 messages.). A sweet and handsome contestant on one of the American seasons of The Bachelorette was contacted by a sweet and drop-dead gorgeous Australian girl from Perth as his season aired in Australia (about six months after it aired in the U.S.). And in light of my new "slow but steady" approach to love, I felt a little smug. With a touch of envy, I recently watched a romance between two young, ridiculously good-looking people play out online. So far, each day has brought a greater level of trust, respect and care for one another, so we're living in the present and enjoying it for what it is. However it is only fair to be completely honest with him about your feelings.ROFL at colditz. To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. But as I said, attractions can grow. I love him and fancy him much more today than when we first got together. I love DH very much and he is more wonderful than I believed. But we liked each other enough to hang out until I left, and keep in touch thereafter. Well, I checked in with them recently and, to my surprise, there seemed to be trouble in paradise. If you like him, why not give him a chance?IMHO, you don't always know who you fancy until you shag 'em! I've experienced the handsome Bachelorette contestant/drop-dead gorgeous Perth girl relationship before (minus the TV-worthy good looks), and it's intoxicating. Today is National Voter Registration Day! I think our relationship is much deeper than some of my friends who met in nightclubs and were shagging like rabbits within days. But on the flipside commeuneimage you can't have a relationship without friendship, and when younger I never worried about how compatible we were in other areas. It could be interesting! 8 years and 2 kids later I can see that that seeming lack of overwhelming urges was really a sign of my maturity and that the full on intense attraction thing that I previously looked for was probably more about me trying to fill a void and my then self worth issues. You might love him but you'll never want to sit on his face. However, over an 18 month period she got to know me and like me and it worked out well. I do think it was and is the bedrock of my relationship with DW. She has told me that when she turned up at University and she found out I had got in on her course she turned to her parents and said 'I know I am going to have 4 years of hell now that bloke from Yorkshire has got in'. maybe if you sit on his face - it would make you feel better?roffle colditz. There are some great threads here about EA (emotionally abusive) relationships, with links to checklists of dodgy behaviour, such as criticism of your appearance or friends and relatives, or complaints about all his ex-partners being nutters. You don't have to get maried or move in to together. He is a fantastic person and deserves to be treated well. Or does true love begin with an instant spark? Well there is nothing like giving it a try.DW did not like me at all when we first met. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support. Sign up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost's next chapter, Register to vote and apply for an absentee ballot today. Overwhelming lust at first sight isn't necessarily the best foundation for a long-term relationship, if that's what you're looking for. Funny, cheeky & fearlessly honest wordsmith at ellyklein.com. Every relationship is different, and it doesn't matter how it started. For your voice to be heard, in most states you must register before you can vote. I really don't know but I think I read once that in about the first minute or so of meeting someone you make a decision about their physical attractiveness. Visit your state election office website to find out if you can vote by mail. ), but they're only one cog in the wheel. Plus, there was no point in us planning a trip two months ahead if we were going to date other people in that time. Check out the “Best of Elite Daily” stream in the Bustle App for more stories just like this! It's normal to wonder, "Can attraction grow?"