}; Kevin Bacon had memorable scene in 'Friday the 13th', White male professor caught posing as Black woman, Ex-Angels staffer indicted in death of Tyler Skaggs, Maryland's Gov. Coldplay Lyrics "Clocks" The lights go out and I can't be saved Tides that I tried to swim against Have brought me down upon my knees Oh I beg, I beg and plead, singing Come out of things unsaid Shoot an apple off my head and a Trouble that can't be named A … The track was the album's third single in the UK and the second in the US, where it reached number nine on the Billboard Hot 100. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only. "Clocks" lyrics. By June 2002, they were ready to hand over A Rush of Blood to the Head to Parlophone. If you felt like having a sing song what song would you sing to yourself ? var opts = { The narrator also feels the pressure that comes with the passing of every second. I'm sorry, I can't really think of any for "God Put a Smile Upon Your Face". it's like you read my thoughts! Though rather enigmatic, the lyrics of "Clocks" focus on the themes of indecision and urgency. Hogan casts vote for Ronald Reagan. artist: "VersaEmerge", Who sings the song “Life could be dream”? Still have questions? It was Coldplay's second album, A Rush of Blood to the Head, that produced "Clocks," one of the group's most successful songs. What song title do you like that starts with the letter R? Clocks Lyrics. He thinks about how he is running out of time and life is short. "Clocks" went on to win the 2004 Grammy Award for Record of the Year. VersaEmerge: Clocks Meaning. Visit Music Banter - The Internet's Top Music Community. What is the Lil Yachty song that Baylen Levine always sings? I think the song is just about being sad. Lyrics: Clocks - Coldplay The lights go out and I can't be saved Tides that I tried to swim against Have brought me down upon my knees Oh I beg, I beg and plead singing Come out of things unsaid Shoot an apple off my head and a Trouble that cant be named A tiger's waiting to be tamed singing You are You are Confusion never stops Closing walls and ticking clocks Gonna come back … "But it was sounding rubbish," Martin recalls. Song meanings ©2003-2020 lyricinterpretations.com. To me, the speaker is recalling of his regrets and all the bad times he has had. I could not stop that you now know singing. Often in youth we try so hard to defy authority like our parents, only to find we get taken home to where we r from in the 1st place or end up very much like our parents anyways....only to figure out home is where our heart was all the time, we just didn't know it, hence the lyric...Home, home where I wanted to go.Don't know how close Iam but I think Iam in the ball park here. })(); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); » Nobody has submitted an interpretation for this song yet. Trying to find a song I heard in elementary school . A random guess only.... a young persons rebellion in part against the way society is the swimming against the tide...the risks taken and the failure that came...ending up wondering if he is part of the problem. All lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. song: "Clocks", The song, according to Coldplay's lead singer Chris Martin, was inspired by English rock band Muse. The lights go out and I can't be saved, It's kinda funny, I'm able to use "Fix You"s lyrics for many different situations. document.write('
');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(typeof window.cf !== 'undefined')c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.clickfuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)}; 'She hardly knew me': Melania slams ex-friend, A-Rod and J.Lo want you to vote in 2020 election, Music mogul endorses Biden, launches new political party, Dems hint at retaliation over Barrett nomination, 'GMA' host uses sexy pic for climate change pitch. Coldplay - Clocks - Lyrics Meaning It was Coldplay's second album, A Rush of Blood to the Head, that produced "Clocks," one of the group's most successful songs. trying to find a song by a music video description? Tagged: No tags, suggest one. The lights go out and I can't be saved Tides that I tried to swim against Have brought me down upon my knees Oh I beg, I beg and plead singing Come out of things unsaid Shoot an apple off my head So amazed that I found this topic already answered! You can sign in to vote the answer. He also sings of "cursed missed opportunities" that he regrets not taking, giving the song a powerful message: have no regrets, and make the best of what you have while you have it. adunit_id: 100001411, What is the hardest song to Karaoke of all time? ? Lyrics to 'Clocks' by Coldplay: The lights go out and I can't be saved Tides that I tried to swim against You've put me down upon my knees Oh, I beg, I beg and plead, singing How do you think about the answers? (function() { The track was the album's third single in the UK and the second in the US, where it reached number nine on the Billboard Hot 100. Usually it's when I'm sad. How do you get ownership of your music? Broken Clocks Lyrics: Run fast from my day job / Runnin' fast from the way it was / Jump quick to a pay check / Runnin' back to the strip club / I'm never goin' back, never goin' back / No you can't He sings of "closing walls and ticking clocks" to illustrate the oppressive nature of time, and to demonstrate his frustration with the fact that he cannot cheat it. Coldplay’s “Clocks” Lyrics Meaning “Clocks” is a song by one of the most successful British rock bands of all time Coldplay. What’s that song that goes like “na na na na na na na na na na”? Copyright © 2020 Advameg, Inc. All rights reserved. :) I have my own interpretation of it but I'm not sure of it is right. Get your answers by asking now. div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999)) My all time favorite song. Be the first! The melodies, the lyrics, and of course Chris Martin's soothing voice -- all of it is beautiful. Remote work: What should employers pay for? /* TFP - lyricinterpretations */ Can you explain the meaning of the lyrics from Clocks by Coldplay? Walls and clocks are poetically items the set boundries and limitations and when they r closing in or ticking away that means time that is passing by fast, a persons chances r fading. The song's narrator expresses insecurity about his life - past decisions, perhaps, or past relationships - in the lines "Am I part of the cure / Or am I part of the disease?" Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today.