As first reported by Steve Robertson of GP247, Mississippi State running back Kylin Hill has been suspended for the game. “He apologized & I accept it because that’s what we are taught to do as Christians. Thomas wrote on Twitter that he doesn’t care whether Brees approves of the protests and said the 41-year-old doesn’t know any better. Then came President Donald Trump who took to Twitter to tell the future Hall of Famer that he shouldn’t apologize at all. Brees originally said to Yahoo that “I’ll never agree with with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country.” He apologized twice but the pain of his words were still there. Michael Thomas calls out Drew Brees over thoughts on national anthem protests. Brees originally apologized with a statement before later posting a video message on the same day. Quarterback Bo Nix and wide receiver Seth Williams got into it during the third quarter of Saturday’s game against South Carolina. Brees told Trump that “this is not an issue about the American flag” as part of a lengthy social media post directed at the president on both Instagram and Twitter. In that message, Brees said he now understands kneeling during the National Anthem has never been about disrespecting the flag, but is more about protesting police brutality and racial injustices in the United States.

We can no longer use the flag to turn people away or distract them from the real issues that face our black communities. The New York Knicks may have some banana boat-shaped dreams for this offseason. The New Orleans Saints star faced immediate backlash over the comments, and Michael Thomas was among those who called Brees out. Brees said he still disagrees with national anthem protests because he feels they disrespect the American flag and those who have served in the military. Powered by. I envision my two grandfathers, who fought for this country during World War II, one in the Army and one in the Marine Corps. Highlight: @readdanwrite asks @drewbrees what the star NFL quarterback thinks about "players kneeling again when the NFL season starts.

The tide changed almost completely when the New Orleans Saints QB received plenty of praise on social media last night for his response to President Donald Trump.

Since the clip of Brees making that statement surfaced, however, he’s released multiple apologies on social media and said he has worked closely with his teammates to gain a better understanding of the situation as a whole. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. Reblog. NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA - JANUARY 13: Michael Thomas #13 and Drew Brees #9 of the New Orleans Saints celebrate their third quarter touchdown against the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC Divisional Playoff Game at Mercedes Benz Superdome on January 13, 2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana. There has been a lot of talk about national anthem protests returning to the NFL in large numbers this season in the wake of the death of George Floyd, and Drew Brees made it clear on Wednesday that he still would not agree with kneeling before games.

Brees is not the first prominent member of the NFL community to openly condemn national anthem protests. While it wasn, The Mississippi State Bulldogs are playing shorthanded Saturday against the Texas A&M Aggies. That’s fairly typical. Nix had just thrown a bit behind Willi. That opinion did not sit well with the quarterback’s favorite receiver.

There were no words needed for the photo Thomas decided to send out. Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony could team up on Knicks? Saints receiver Michael Thomas is one of the people who publicly criticized Brees after his initial comments. Super Bowl or Bust I might have to log off. We did this back in 2017, and regretfully I brought it back with my comments this week. Your favorite teams, topics, and players all on your favorite mobile devices. Video: South Carolina and Auburn get chippy after game, Kylin Hill suspended for Texas A&M game over behavior, Clemson uses punter Will Spiers at quarterback to end blowout win, Video: Tennessee WR Ramel Keyton takes a shot at Kentucky player’s groin, Bo Nix, Seth Williams get into it on Auburn sideline. But the Clemson Tigers subjected the Georgia Tech Y, The Tennessee Volunteers had a very difficult day Saturday, and frustrations seemed to boil over a bit for at least one player.

“MY QB …Super Bowl or Bust I might have to log off,” Thomas noted in a series of tweets along with retweets of Brees’ comments. We are at a critical juncture in our nation’s history! The beef appears to be squashed, and Saints fans everywhere can certainly breathe a sigh of relief.

However, it appears that there might be some trouble in paradise. The two have incredible chemistry on the field, but things got a bit shaky off of it due to Brees’ previous comments. Michael Thomas Reacted Favorably To Drew Brees Correcting Donald Trump (TWEET). Michael Thomas has officially forgiven Drew Brees after his comments about national anthem protests.

Share. Brees took his thoughts to Instagram and wrote a fiery reply to Trump that said “We must stop talking about the flag and shift our attention to the real issues of systemic racial injustice, economic oppression, police brutality, and judicial & prison reform. #GeorgeFloyd”. Both risking their lives to protect our country and to try to make our country and this world a better place.”. Michael Thomas Backs Drew Brees After QB’s Pointed Message to Trump. Thomas wasn't done after that. The New Orleans Saints star faced immediate backlash over the comments, and Michael Thomas was among those who called Brees out.

It has never been. Thomas, like many others, point out the hypocrisy of those very same individuals who complained about Kaepernick and various other NFL players peacefully kneeling during the national anthem. Read “Michael Thomas Reacted Favorably To Drew Brees Correcting Donald Trump (TWEET)” and other NFL articles from Total Pro Sports. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. The New Orleans Saints enter the 2020 season as one of the odds on favorites to represent the NFC in Super Bowl LV. Saints WR Michael Thomas Appears to Respond to Drew Brees' Anthem Protest Comments With Angry Tweets Scott Rogust 6/3/2020 U.S. unveils restrictions on H-1B foreign work visas Michael Thomas praised Drew Brees after his comments to Donald Trump.

Brees said he still disagrees with national anthem protests because he feels they disrespect the American flag and those who have served in the military. We are at a critical juncture in our nation’s history!

Let me just tell what I see or what I feel when the national anthem is played and when I look at the flag of the United States. Thomas is not the only Saints player to back Brees after his lengthy post directed at Trump. Brees signed a 2-year deal this offseason to return and having a dynamic WR in Michael Thomas happy with him is insanely huge for the overall success of the Saints. Michael Thomas And Other Saints Took Drew Brees To Task For Still Not Understanding Kaepernick’s Protests Robby Kalland Twitter Senior Sports Writer June 3, 2020 — Michael Thomas (@Cantguardmike) June 3, 2020. Michael Thomas appears to be subtweeting Drew Brees in regards to his protesting comments. After Brees delivered that message, All-Pro wide receiver Michael Thomas, who himself was disappointed in his quarterback, showed love to him with a tweet of his own. Throughout the week, tension had grown inside the New Orleans Saints locker room after future Hall of Fame quarterback Drew Brees said he didn’t support players kneeling during the National Anthem. It shows that we are all in this together, we can all do better and that we are all part of the solution.”. We are at a critical juncture in our nation’s history!

Getty Brees took things one step further on Instagram, posting a passionate message in response to Donald Trump calling him out for not sticking with his original thought. We as a white community need to listen and learn from the pain and suffering of our black communities.

Powered by Minute Media © 2020 All Rights Reserved. “Through my ongoing conversations with friends, teammates, and leaders in the black community, I realize this is not an issue about the American flag,” Brees explained. Thomas quickly retweeted Brees’ message to Trump and responded with tweets … "One of my brothers made a public statement yesterday that I … Drew Brees on Michael Thomas suspension: “We’re going to be all good” Curtis Crabtree. So every time I stand with my hand over my heart looking at that flag and singing the national anthem, that’s what I think about. Now back to the movement! Chicago Bears: Matt Nagy working with Mitchell Trubisky feels more symbolic than helpful, PPF’s most valuable Philadelphia Eagles players of the decade list is sorely lacking, NFL power rankings, NFC edition: Saints, Seahawks among the best, Taysom Hill to Return to Saints on 1st-Round Tender After Offer-Sheet Deadline, Super Bowl 55 odds for each NFL team going into training camp, Each NFL team's best quarterback of all time, Malcolm Jenkins' return to the Saints was nothing short of destiny. The suspension stem, One of the markers of a major beatdown in college football is when the winning team pulls its starters and lets the second- and third-stringers have a chance. Michael Thomas calls out Drew Brees over thoughts on national anthem protests Steve DelVecchio, Larry Brown Sports 6/3/2020 Thousands of sick prisoners sought release as Covid-19 spread. ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports.