There really isn’t anything I dislike about Thomas as a wide receiver, and while he may not be an elite athlete, he’s certainly a very good one. Marques Colston, Drew Brees' long-time big No. At 6-2, 231, the Dolphins saw an intriguing, unique body for wideout, and also some high upside if he's used more as a tight end hybrid. 2 receiver rather than a No. He's a pure size speed prospect to try to develop into something special outside behind Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker, but he has a big challenged ahead just to make the team without necessary polish. Cooper is another one where there is some work to do around his rawness, but like Miller, he's a player who is really fun to watch in space. But rankings don’t tell the whole story, especially in the case of the NFL Draft. 2016 NFL Draft: Will Fuller leads WR class lacking elite talent Published: Apr 18, 2016 at 08:07 AM. This year's class of wide receiver draft prospects isn't as deep in top-end talent as last year's class, but this group is deeper in players who could be very good secondary receivers on rosters throughout the NFL. The Baylor system is unique, not even asking their receivers to block on many occasions. He tested great, he’s got 4.4 speed, and he plays like he wants to embarrass the defender across from him.
The Chiefs go for a bit of a misfit in Robinson, both because of his constant suspended status while with the Gators and the fact he's a burner built best to get deep. (From Cowboys through Seahawks) He's got great speed and athleticism, making him a good project as an outside deep receiver in their scheme. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. The second is that many see him as a one-trick pony who can only really have success as a speedster on go routes. I get it, he’s not a burner, and he’s a good, not great athlete. Here are our final prospect rankings for every position group in the 2020 NFL Draft: It's time to put the finishing touches on our safety rankings for the 2020 NFL Draft! Lockett probably a little quicker, Shepard stronger and more physical. Like DeAndre Hopkins, he made all kinds of big catches in big games for a big-time program. In this article, we will discuss some of the key names to know going into … Author twitter link. Past Baylor receivers have caught flak from analysts, but I ignore all that and evaluate Coleman in a vacuum. Prepare to dominate your league. During the 2016 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns made the questionable decision to draft not one, not two, not even three, but four wide receivers. The Big Ten announced on Wednesday that the conference will begin its football season on the weekend of Oct. 23-24. Fuller is extremely thin for the position (listed at 172 pounds on some sites) and will get beat up by more physical corners in his routes at times. He’s much more nuanced than I originally thought in his releases and even routes, and while he’ll have to adjust to a pro-style system, I think Coleman has the work ethic and natural tools to do it.

They love a clear-cut order to things, quick and clean, telling them who is the best and who is the worst. I love checking out rankings from other analysts, and I know most of my colleagues feel the same way. Fuller kept rising up boards through his pro day. 1. Does being an elite deep threat negate an otherwise average skill set? Joe Burrow leans on Mannings, Kurt Warner for advice as rookie season unfolds. Why aren’t more people talking about this kid? His hands are questionable at best, but there is no denying Fuller’s ability to get behind a defense and change the game in one play. A ‘good’ metric prospect will be one who eclipses the historical average for No.20, 50, 100, etc. Miller’s size/speed/quickness combination will have some teams tempted early, but he’s got to make strides as a route runner and become more consistent catching the football. Cody Core, Mississippi The quick and dirty explanation is for every NFL Draft position at running back, wide receiver, and tight end there is an expected projection model score. Miller is a fun athlete with exciting capabilities, but he’s going to need time to grow technically at the next level. How Antoine Winfield Jr. can make history vs. Aaron Rodgers, 2020 NFL draft: Antonio Gandy-Golden scouting report, 2020 NFL draft: Devin Duvernay scouting report, 2020 NFL draft: Antonio Gibson scouting report, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. 5 receiver, but he might have the highest ceiling in the class once he gets some NFL experience under his belt. Say what you want about size and deep speed, but there is so much value in a receiver who can always get open. Cayleb Jones, Arizona When fully healthy he was up there with the best receivers in this class, but the drop-off when he was coming back from injury was severe. His timed speed of 4.64 seconds in the 40-yard dash didn't help his case, but Higgins showed good hands in college, with just 11 drops from the 182 catchable passes thrown his way in the past two seasons. 3. PFF's Player Props Tool reveals betting opportunities within player prop markets. No wonder Minnesota took this flyer. Coleman's hands are inconsistent, but his deep speed and explosiveness are legit. The tangibles there, but there's nothing special that jumps out on Carroo. He dropped to seventh this year, with just 1,062 yards and eight missed tackles forced on 75 receptions. Please check your email for a confirmation. Does the Bears offense aid Coleman in getting open? TCU's Josh Doctson had the same concerns, but ran well at the NFL Scouting Combine. North reminds me a lot of Demaryius Thomas, but he’s always injured, his production sucks, and there are visible concerns about his effort on the field. But in a league that utilizes the slot as much as the NFL does now, his ability has some serious value.

Boyd is a fine second day option in the 2016 draft, but he isn’t the game-changing offensive threat that many have billed him to be. At the end of the day, I just don’t think there is a whole lot that Michael Thomas doesn’t do well as a wide receiver. With that being said, here are my general thoughts on how I would categorize the groups amongst the 2016 wide receiver class. Projected Round (2016): 4-5. Julian Edelman, Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown, and others do some of their best work from the slot. Still, Peake has big upside. Doctson has the ball skills that will attract a ton of NFL attention, and his ability to fight through contact for high degree of difficulty grabs should get him drafted in the first round. Doctson is also an underrated burner. Malcolm Mitchell, WR, Georgia Height: 5-11. Character-wise, Miller is everything the aforementioned are not, but he’s relatively new to the position, and enters the draft with just 25 career catches on his resume. Another outstanding route-runner, Boyd isn’t an explosive athletes, but glides in and out of his breaks without decelerating. Out of the four receivers chosen, only two … Doctson's body control and high-point ability are unmatched in this draft. While he'll likely be locked into slot duties, his hands are impeccable. To me, Higgins is a poor man’s Tyler Boyd. Nelson Spruce, Colorado I don’t hate Garrett, I actually kind of enjoy his game, but I do worry that people are becoming too enticed with how good on the hoof he looks. Fuller is an explosive vertical threat with the speed to take any catch the distance, but he’s got to become more consistent and well-rounded in his game. Round 1, pick 21*: Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame | Highlights.

Treadwell isn’t Corey Coleman in space, but he is much quicker than he’s given credit for, and can become an exceptional route runner with a little more attention to detail. Jay Lee, Baylor Thomas isn’t the most explosive route runner, but he is savvy in his footwork to separate from man coverage and has enough deep speed to stretch opponents vertically.
Better yet, if you’re a fantasy … Many have referenced Devin Smith when discussing Fuller’s game, but while the Notre Dame receiver is faster than the former Ohio State pass catcher, he doesn’t rip down every deep ball with the same regularity and dominance that Smith did. [soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/209755982?secret_token=s-LP3JT” params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /].

84, he looked like the Randy Moss of Germany. It's a nice pick for Jared Goff. When breaking down Carroo's tape, it at times felt like you were watching two completely different players. Share this article 40 shares share tweet text email link Josh Keatley. People are getting excited about him because he tested great, but his tape is still pretty average to me. (From Rams through Titans) The Browns are short on dynamic playmakers to help Robert Griffin III regain good QB status, so why not tap into his alma mater for help? A go-get-it receiver who made some fantastic contested grabs in college and in Mobile, Moore blew away expectations at the combine, showing the speed to be an ideal vertical threat at the next level.

It limits him as a deep threat, and, when you don’t do everything else at a high level, his overall value.