-To date Patricia Briggs has produced 17 novels, constituting three major series. A vampire returns to her first home, and finds more than the memories she was seeking. Of course, I had to sneak a werewolf into the mix. Order Now / More Details. The Alpha and Omega novella published in 2007 initiated the Alpha and Omega series, which currently boasts three novels in its story, from Cry wolf in 2008 to Fairy Game in 2012; with Dead Heat, the latest in the series awaiting release in 2015. They need it more than me. Born in 1965 in Butte, Montana, Patricia Briggs is an American author that has been writing fantasy fiction since 1993. To be honest, the whole graphic novel thing is a bit of a mystery to me, but I sure like the pretty pictures!

And it seems this series just keeps getting better with every new release!! Clicking any links beside the book lists will lead you to Amazon for more details or to purchase the book. They share the same world, but each book is a stand-alone story with its own cast of characters. This is a two-book series. Wolfsbane is a tightly-coupled sequel to Masques, and won't make much sense by itself. Adventures of Sword and Sorcery, #6: My first short-story sale.

Some of the pack members think Asil should get out more, so they've challenged him to accept a series of blind dates .

My entry, Fairy Gifts deals with a vampire who finds some measure of redemption in the mines far below Butte, Montana. If you haven’t read this series yet – please do. This series is set in a medieval setting, with small clans of nomadic people known as "travelers" who often have magical talents. She's surrounded by far more powerful supernatural beings, including werewolves, vampires and an assortment of fey.

. Urban Fantasy Insert your e-mail below to start getting these recommendations. I am often asked by readers of the site if I accept donations as a “thank you” for the work I put into the site. Mercy is a great heroine […] Edited by Charlaine Harris & Toni L.P. Kelner.

Patricia Briggs has however found greatest success dabbling in Urban fantasy, this on the advice of her editor. One of the best book series ever. Hoping to stumble upon a new author or series? The decision to continue the story was made after the anthology had already been published, which has caused some confusion, since "book 1" is a actually a continuation of the short story. Read 604 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. Niki: Patrica Briggs Mercy Thompson series its worth the read.

I anxiously await each new book. Patricia accentuates her story in the detail she injects, making the oldest of friendships feel that much more tangible, and the romance believable and worth following. This series is set in the same world as the Mercy Thompson Series, but on a slightly earlier time line.

The series chronicled Aralorn’s journey through four novels and a compilation of the first two books, Masques and Wolfsbane, titled Shifter’s Wolf. Strange Brew book.

Thanks. If you see one missing just send me an e-mail below.

The Sianim series began with Briggs’ first novel, Masques, introducing the kingdom of Reth, the evil master of illusion Geoffrey and Aralorn, a weapons mistress.

Steal the Dragon is the second book in the Sianim series (technically the third, if one were to take into account Wolfsbane, the sequel to Masques, released in 2010). Other than Wolfsbane, this is a loosely-woven series, and the books can be read in any order. Homecoming [2009 | ISBN: 0345509889]:Dabel Brothers Comics is producing the "Mercy Thompson" series of graphic novels. Eye of newt, wing of bat . We do our best to get everything listed but the occasional book gets by us. An edited version of Masques was published in 2010 alongside Wolfsbane, its long awaited sequel. The story was called Wishing Well. Martin and Gardner Dozois. Jamie: You should really read Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series. Patricia is best known for her Mercy Thompson series, but has other series including the Sianim series and the Alpha & Omega series. Urban Fantasy . Fantastic Hope [2020 | ISBN: 9780593099209]: A sci-fi and fantasy anthology edited by Laurell K. Hamilton and William McCaskey. Down These Strange Streets [2014 | ISBN: 0441020747]: "In Red, with Pearls" in the Urban Fantasy anthology edited by George R.R. Please note that as an Amazon Associate, I earn money from qualifying purchases. The links beside each book title will take you to Amazon, who I feel are the best online retailer for books where you can read more about the book, or purchase it. Or will he beat up the shark and its 6 friends, all while saying nothing?

The books are organized by series. Many fans showed great approval for Patricia Briggs’ work on Steal the Dragon, her storytelling skills finally emerging; that being said some fans still complain to this day about how the story ended, especially the lack of resolution for some of the plots, this including the slavery issue. Short fiction, anthology entries, and miscellaneous publications. Show Series Descriptions Show Title Descriptions. Patricia has also written two duologies (two books within the same world or following the same story) namely: Raven and Hurog. You can click these links and be sent to a random series or a random author. Patricia’s first novel didn’t attract much interest; Masques was published in 1993 garnering poor reviews and sales. Fantasy

A stand-alone novel featuring an untrained mage and a magical creature with a flirtatious tail, set in its own world. Series list: Mercy Thompson (21 Books) by Patricia Briggs.

Starting from 2006 when the first of the Mercy novels where published all the way to Night Broken, released in 2014, there are eight novels within the series. Reprinted in Shifting Shadows anthology. MUCH LOVED SERIES ALERT!! The Alpha and Omega series is set within the same world as the Mercy Thompson story. Dragon Bones is a stand-alone story, which resolves the major plot threads nicely. Apparently, nobody told them that antagonizing a werewolf isn't as fun as it sounds. It would be accurate to say that Moon Called is personally responsible for cementing Brigg’s position as an established author and raising her popularity within fantasy circles, follow ups to Moon called such as Iron Kissed and Blood Bound capitalizing on this fame to great effect and achieving equally impacting success. Silver Birch, Blood Moon [1999 | ISBN: 0380786222]: A fairy tale anthology edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling. The first four episodes have been published as a book in cooperation with Del Rey.

Below is a list of Patricia Briggs’ books in order of when they were originally released (as well as in chronological order): Shop Worldwide: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.ca. Unlike other authors who specialize in series, each story Patricia writes is stands on its own, so there is never a cliffhanger at the end. Mercy Thompson Series. The Mercy Thompson series have been adapted into graphic novels; the first, Mercy Thompson: Homecoming, released in 2009 while the second, Mercy Thompson: Moon called, was published in 2012. High Fantasy

Do you feel books have made your 2020 any better?

Patricia Briggs started writing the series in 2006 as her editor suggested she launches into the urban fantasy style which was knowing a promising growth at the time.

Shifting Shadows [2014 | ISBN: 0425265005]: A compilation of short stories in the Mercyverse, including all the stories from previous anthologies as well as several new ones. It's a heartwarming story of how murder and deception can bring a family together. The first book can be read by itself, and resolves well.

Is our listing on the left missing a book or two? They share the same world, but each book is a stand-alone story with its own cast of characters.

Dragon Blood depends on the reader having some knowledge of the world, and references events from the previous book, and is best read after Dragon Bones.

Born in 1965 in Butte, Montana, Patricia Briggs is an American author that has been writing fantasy fiction since 1993. It is worth pointing out that, while Steal the Dragon is considered a part of the Sianim series, there is little connection between it and Masques, besides the world both books share and the mention of a few familiar names. It begins with a novella titled Alpha and Omega published in the On the Prowl anthology. My entry is called Star of David, and centers on David Christiansen, who was briefly mentioned in Moon Called. Patricia is best known for her Mercy Thompson series, but has other series including the Sianim series and the Alpha & Omega series. She started writing urban fantasy upon her editor’s request, as the genre was picking up steam. Where Patricia Briggs has managed to distinguish herself as a writer is in the completeness of each story she writes, Patricia never one to end novels on cliffhangers. This series focuses on a retired warrior Tier, his traveler wife, Seraph, and their family. Thanks! Patricia Briggs's most popular series is Mercy Thompson World Masques, while not the most popular of Briggs’ novels, enjoys a fair amount of commendations from fans new and old, especially the edited version. Patricia Briggs is an American author of fantasy novels, most notably urban fantasy.

The series has plenty of action, but there's more emphasis on the romantic attraction between the hero and heroine. Let us know so we can add it ASAP.

Each month I pick a charity and ask that you support them instead. .

Fantasy On this page you'll find information on everything I've published, with links to cover art, sample chapters and additional information. Wolfsbane and Mistletoe [2008 | ISBN: 0441016332]: An anthology of christmas-themed urban fantasy short stories edited by Charlaine Harris.