The good news for today’s article is that we will be discussing the next contract of Nico Hischier, and as he is an RFA, he is still under team control for some time. "When he's happy, he knows it, and he knows how he's treated. Devils coach John Hynes mentioned one of the League's best all-around centers when discussing what Hischier bring to New Jersey's lineup.

It certainly looks like a lot, but other players are going to need to be paid.

Hischier is gonna blossom to be a 70pt+ center, and when he does, his contract, and deal will look great. As the official new GM, Fitzgerald had a lot of options about how he wanted to attack the draft and free agency. Of note is Nico’s low PPG totals; a large part of that was due to his deployment, as Hall and Kyle Palmieri are usually the featured weapons on the power play. "I like the direction the organization is going in, and the confidence they give me is all a player can ask for," Hischier said.

It has an average annual value of $7.25 million and begins with the 2020-21 season. 175 lbs 79 kg. to Halifax, NY shuts down 10,000 person wedding as Cuomo reveals new COVID-19 plan, For grateful NBC, Savannah Guthrie changes the subject, Collins comments after guessing her ‘Emily In Paris’ character’s age, Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry's gorgeous new portrait includes a subtle tribute to Princess Diana, Everything You Need to Know About Intermittent Fasting, You're Invited to Food52's Holiday Swap—2020-Style, Where To Watch The Bathurst 1000, Other Racing This Weekend, Fire destroys lobster pound in Nova Scotia, police say man in hospital with injuries, Ex-leader of Basque group ETA to appear in French court, City of Calgary reports $122M in property taxes remain outstanding, Patriots back at work, day after 5th player tested positive, HGTV's 'Brother vs Brother' Season 7: And the Winner Is…, These 3 Facial Expressions Signal That Someone Is Flirting With You, According to Science, Ottolenghi's New Book Will Change the Way You Look at Onions, 2021 Cadillac CT5 Sport To Be Offered With V Performance Package, Liberals are being disingenuous in their push to end WE probes | Opinion, US coronavirus: These 10 states reported their highest number of new coronavirus cases on Friday, Movie theaters outside New York City to reopen at 25% capacity, Cuomo says, Ottawa Senators sign goaltender Joey Daccord to three-year contract, 'The Masked Singer' Season 4 Reveals Another Celebrity Contestant: And the Baby Alien Is … (Video), Group Halloween Costumes Your Dog Can Join In On, Luke Zocchi, Chris Hemsworth's Trainer, Shares His Simple Dumbbell Workout, I Couldn’t Change Kitchen Culture as a Line Cook, So I Opened a Restaurant of My Own, Buy Pirelli's New All-Terrain SUV Tire Before Winter Arrives, COMMENTARY: Now is the autumn of our discontent, Transit shutdowns fail to deter Thai protests, Survey: Canadians cite systemic barriers to legal medical cannabis, Best of the rest: Top remaining NHL UFAs by position, Lily James Speaks Of ‘Making Mistakes’ In Poorly Timed Interview, Family Comes Home To Find Their Dog Got Stuck In A Pumpkin, A Champion Rock Climber Tried Bruce Lee's Grueling Training Program, How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Microwave and/or Oven, This Is The Hyundai Porest, And It's A Cool Compact RV You Can't Buy, Thousands connect from international to domestic flights before quarantine, Suspect in teacher's beheading in France was Chechen teen, Opinion: The Trudeau government's borrowing risks trust in our currency, How to watch Dodgers vs. Braves: NLCS Game 6 live stream, schedule, TV channel, start time, Ridley Scott Eyes Napoleon Movie 'Kitbag' With Joaquin Phoenix Attached to Star, UPS Driver Has The Sweetest Relationship With All The Pups On HIs Route, How to Vote Safely in Person During the COVID-19 Pandemic, According to Doctors, A Jelly Roll Pan Is Good for So Much More Than Jelly Roll Cakes, See The Yet-To-Be-Confirmed Toyota GRMN Yaris In Action At The Nurburgring, Samuel L. Jackson's Enslaved and the lost history of Canadian slavery, Azerbaijan: Armenian missile killed 13, wounded over 50, Saturday's letters: Winter patio rules embarrassing, Cowboys' McCarthy: 'Arrows point up' for Vander Esch to return on MNF, Mindy Kaling's 'Sex Lives of College Girls' Sets Main Cast at HBO Max, Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article, New Car Gadget Magically Removes Scratches & Dents, Do This To Permanently Fix Bad Posture (And Ease Back Pain), 23 Cool Products That Could Sell Out In 2020.

By using NHL websites or other online services, you consent to the practices described in our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy. Introducing Devils Insider: Sign up for exclusive news, behind-the-scenes observations and the ability to text message directly with beat writers. Welcome to NHL.com, the official site of the National Hockey League, Bienvenue à LNH.com , le site officiel de la Ligue nationale de hockey, Добро пожаловать на NHL.com, официальный сайт Национальной хоккейной лиги, Tervetuloa NHL:n viralliselle nettisivustolle NHL.comiin, Välkommen till NHL.com, NHL:s officiella web-sida, Vítejte na NHL.com, oficiálních stránkách National Hockey League, Vitajte na NHL.com, oficiálnych stránkach National Hockey League, Willkommen auf NHL.com, der offiziellen Seite der National Hockey League, Bienvenido a NHL.com, el sitio oficial de la National Hockey League.

New Jersey Devils Schedule, Roster, News, and Rumors | All About The Jersey, Nico Hischier’s Next New Jersey Devils Contract, Fitzgerald is Playing the Right Game for the Devils.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your California Privacy Rights (each updated 1/1/20).

Drafted first overall in the 2017 NHL Draft by the New Jersey Devils. I think Nico is a foundational piece for us. "I think we talked about a lot of stuff, and I told [Shero] that I liked it here," Hischier said.

Devils, on the other hand, might be reluctant to trade their … Among players with at least 2,000 minutes at 5-on-5 since Hischier came into the league, he’s 40th in the league in on-ice xGF per 60.

I was really welcomed here from day one, and I have always felt that I wanted to be part of the Devils.''. Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission. He has all the attributes and makings of a player like a (Boston Bruins center) Patrice Bergeron type of player," Hynes said.

Sports hockey columnist. While Nico will absolutely command more money than he did on his first deal, he still has at least one more large payday (when his contract expires putting him into unrestricted free agency) coming in his future, and he also is just entering his prime. His email is here and his Twitter is here.

Agent Allain Roy.

1 in the 2017 NHL draft, Nico Hischier will now be with the New Jersey Devils for a number of years to come. Him?”, After all, Hischier has just two points in six games this season, and missed 13 games last season en route to a campaign in which he put up just 47 points. But this story isn’t about Hischier and his deal. "It gives us clarity and cap certainty in our planning for a foundational type player who is still only 20 years old.". ''We have a young, exciting team, and I am driven to try my best to help the team succeed every day.
Nico Hischier, as we all know, is the first ever, first overall selection in New Jersey Devils history (though the lineage has Rob Ramage as a first overall from the Colorado Rockies years), and as of the date of this writing, he is also the only one the team has had. Because Evolving Hockey has Hischier sitting with the 20th-highest skater WAR in the league from 2017-19.

Hall never enjoyed as much offensive success as he did when Hischier got dropped onto his (top) line (as a teenager). All Rights Reserved. Nico is that guy now but he's just going to get better.". Edition, New Jersey Devils & Related Hockey Links for 10/16/20, Under the Radar Targets - NHL Free Agency.

''It gives us clarity and cap certainty in our planning for a foundational type player who is still only 20 years old.''. Committing long term to Hischier is another important move for New Jersey, which is trying to become a perennial contender again. Would anyone bat an eye at Dubois, who’s about 5.5 months older, pulling $7.25 million through 2028 at some point in this, his final ELC year? Age 21 Jan 4, 1999. Do you foresee a jump in his production (if healthy) next season? What do you think of this projected deal for Nico?

As mentioned earlier in this article, this section today isn’t going to be split into a “re-sign or don’t re-sign” section because the Devils will be giving Nico his next contract. Committing long term to Hischier is another important move for New Jersey, which is trying to become a perennial contender again. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. © NHL 2019.

That's I think all the player can ask for, so that's why I like it here.". 1 pick Jack Hughes, Hischier is part of the next generation of stars for New Jersey, which has made the playoffs just once in the past seven years. Sign up now.

Additionally, this contract shouldn’t be looked at through the same lens as Hall’s because it’s not of the same magnitude. | More Football, Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez tweet support for Joe Biden, encourage others to get out and vote, Nick Saban cleared to return to the sidelines, Classic Spy Photos Of The Week: Aborted Acura NSX With V10 Engine, Jason Collins gives his advice to players thinking of coming out, How women have been the driving force for culture change in sports, When the NBA made the shift from marketing teams to players. This isn’t the kind of thing one should necessarily accept at face value, except to say that Hischier seems to be an elite driver of shot quality. Look at all the big RFA problems over the summer; a few of those guys (Tkachuk, Point) got similar money, but only for three years. This year, well, the numbers haven’t been there even if the opportunity continues to be.