Praying for you.

Renowned as concert director and talent booker at McCabe’s Guitar Shop in Santa Monica during the heyday of the L.A. music scene (1974-84), Covey gained fame by showcasing folk, jazz, Celtic, Cajun, blues, roots and Americana musicians such as Doc Watson, John Lee Hooker, Emmy Lou Harris, Roseanne Cash, Etta James, Clifton Chenier, Van Dyke Parks, Los Lobos, Bill Monroe, T Bone Burnett, Richie Havens, Loudon Wainwright III, Odetta, and hundreds more.

I always enjoyed seeing her at needline and chatting with her. Glenn Orr will officiate, and Entombment will follow. Covey was born May 6, 1936 in Gallatin County, Tennessee, to the late Erie and Martha Thetford Dublin. On Thanksgiving Day 2008, NPR affiliate KCRW aired a special documentary, “McCabes At 50” featuring radio interviews with Covey and many of the notable artists who comment on her influence and support early in their careers.

270 753-2438 Create An Online Memorial For Nancy Ann Covey, The J.H. 4 of 6 | Posted by: Robin Leach - MURRAY, KY - Friend, “I remember the first time I met her. CHILDREN /STEPCHILDRENJesse ThompsonMaimuna Thompson Mascolo - Interior DesignerTeddy Thompson - musicianKamila (Kami) Thompson Walbourne – musicianJack Covey Thompson (www.jackcthompson.com) - musician, artist, QUOTES “It was largely her energy and vision as concert director that transformed the 150 capacity room from an out –of the –way “folkie” joint in the back of a guitar shop into one of Southern California’s hippest venues.”Robert Hillburn, Los Angeles Times, June 30, 1984, “Nancy Covey is to her 150 seat domain what Bill Graham was to the Fillmore.”LA Weekly, May 5, 1980, “The Cuba trek was organized by L.A.-based Festival Tours, a music-focused travel company started in the 1980s by Nancy Covey, former talent booker for McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Funeral Home Services for Nancy are being provided by Huber Funeral Home. She will be missed. to 8:00 PM

Murray, Visitation will be held Friday, June 17, 2016 from 5-8 p.m., at the J.H. Click here to visit an archive of the show (https://www.kcrw.com/music/shows/music-special/mccabes-at-50).

KY

Get Directions Aunt Nancy was always smiling, had a kind word and filled with love, the memories I have from growing up will for ever be in my mind and heart.

Praying for you. ” Mrs. Photo courtesy of J. H. Churchill Funeral Home, Mrs. Nancy Ann Covey, age 80, of Murray, Kentucky died on Saturday, June 11, 2016 at the Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee.

Survivors include three daughters, Star Perry and husband Mike of Fort Worth, Texas, Dawn Kemp and husband Fred of Murray, Kentucky, and Camme Cain and husband Brad of Murray, Kentucky; three grandchildren, Landon and Alexis Cain both of Murray, Kentucky, and Cortland Kemp of Houston, Texas; adopted granddaughter, Chelsey Stamps of Murray, Kentucky; two adopted great grandchildren, Owen and Vivian Barrow both of Murray, Kentucky. Thank you for all of your love and kindness toward my daughter and I. Their son, a guitarist, is 18. Churchill Funeral Home 1 of 6 | Posted by: Lori Covey Fernandez - IL, “So sorry to hear of your loss. The J.H. She was a sweet lady & I enjoyed working with her each week....Read More »

” I always enjoyed seeing her at needline and chatting with her. She was a homemaker, and a member of the Westside Baptist Church. 201 S. 3rd Street Covey also volunteered with Angels Attic, and Needline. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Herbert Covey.

Churchill Funeral Home. ” She was such a sweet woman!! I remember the first time I met her.

Mrs. Covey also volunteered with Angels Attic, and Needline.

Mrs. (270) 753-2411

NANCY COVEY is a concert, festival and cultural music tour producer, presenter, and curator. I am going to miss her so much. Visitation will be held Friday, June 17, 2016 from 5-8 p.m., at the J.H.

Covey also produced numerous single concerts for artists such as Stephane Grappelli, John Renbourn, The Boys of the Lough, Little Feat, Legion of Mary with Jerry Garcia, Bonnie Raitt and Tom Waits. Covey was born May 6, 1936 in Gallatin County, Tennessee, to the late Erie and Martha Thetford Dublin. Praying for you. I am going to miss her so much.

I...Read More »

2 of 6 | Posted by: Carol Chapman - Anna, TX - Friend, “Nancy,, You were such an awesome lady! In 2012, the couple created their annual Thompson family “Frets and Refrains,” a week-long guitar and songwriting camp for musicians of all ages near Woodstock, New York. Mrs. 201 South Third Street In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Herbert Covey. She hit my shoulder for calling her for Ms. Record Eagle - a place for remembering loved ones; a space for sharing memories, life stories, milestones, to express condolences, and celebrate life of your loved ones

2:30 PM She was always thinking of me and sending me penguin things. Murray, KY 42071, June 18, 2016 Nancy Covey’s company, Festival Tours International (www.festival-tours.com) has been taking small groups of music lovers across countries and continents for decades to hear true indigenous music, meet artists and deeply experience the culture of a unique genre or region, such as Louisiana, Britain, Zimbabwe, Slovenia, Corsica and Spain. Most recently she has pioneered music-focused People to People trips to Cuba. The 4 hour show featured performances and reminiscences by Elvis Costello, Jackson Browne, Jennifer Warnes, David Lindley, Dan Hicks, Peter Case, magician Ricky Jay, the Savoy Doucet Cajun band, Bonny Prince Billy, Blind Boys of Alabama, Richard Thompson, Kami Thompson, Loudon Wainwright III, Chrissie Hynde with James Walbourne, David and Roseanne Lindley, and one of the last performances by the great Odetta herself. Murray City Cemetery Not long afterwards, Thompson went to live with Nancy Covey in LA. Survivors include three daughters, Star Perry and husband Mike of Fort Worth, Texas, Dawn Kemp and husband Fred of Murray, Kentucky, and Camme Cain and husband Brad of Murray, Kentucky; three grandchildren, Landon and Alexis Cain both of Murray, Kentucky, and Cortland Kemp of Houston, Texas; adopted granddaughter, Chelsey Stamps of Murray, Kentucky; two adopted great grandchildren, Owen and Vivian Barrow both of Murray, Kentucky.

The beautiful and interactive Eternal Tribute tells Nancy's life story the way it deserves to be told in words, pictures and video. Glenn Orr will officiate, and Entombment will follow. Graveside services will be held 2:30 p.m., Saturday, June 18, 2016 at the Murray City Cemetery.

I always enjoyed seeing her at needline and chatting...Read More »

5 of 6 | Posted by: Christina Morgan - Murray, KY, “Cammy , sisters, and family so sorry for your loss. Online condolences can be left at www.thejhchurchillfuneralhome.com. Nancy Covey passed away on June 11, 2016 at the age of 80 in Murray, Kentucky.

She launched the firm to immerse travelers in such musically rich destinations as southwestern Louisiana, England and Scotland and, more recently, Cuba.”Randy Lewis, Los Angeles, Times November 30, 2016, Music & Culture Tours that are not for Tourists.

This festival featured music, dance, theatre and art and was one of the most well-attended festivals of its kind at the South Bank. NANCY COVEY is a concert, festival and cultural music tour producer, presenter, and curator.. Covey leveraged her contacts, deep knowledge and life on two continents, when she was named Artistic Director for London’s weeklong multi-arts festival and produced “The American South” at London’s prestigious Southbank Centre. Nancy Covey passed away in Excelsior, Minnesota. Guest guitar and songwriting teachers at Frets & Refrains have included Shawn Colvin, Jill Sobule, Patty Griffin, Martin Simpson and many others. 5:00 PM Thank you for all of your love and kindness toward my daughter and I.