Let's design a world that's thoughtful, and aesthetically pleasing. To round out his creative canon one can throw in a dozen art & design books in print along with a stint of illustrations for Playboy magazine. For the past 5 years I have also worked at the TD Garden, any Bostonians dream! I hold a Bachelor of Arts (Graphic Design Major) from Salem State University, and have over 4 years of experience in the field. He used to work at urban outfitters for 3 years and then he opened up his own studio in 2006. His designs can light up any surface on which they are created. Mike Perry’s Instagram feed is an explosion of color, handcrafted type, and psychedelic animation. Mike Perry is a designer and artist working in numerous media.Perry works regularly for a number of editorial and commercial clients, including Apple, the New York Times, Dwell, Target, Urban Outfitters, Aldo, and Nike.Perry has garnered numerous accolades and awards, including Print magazine’s esteemed New Visual Artist award, and the Art Directors Club’s Young Guns. He is known for winning a Primetime Emmy Award for animation on Comedy Central 's Broad City television show. I have my painting studio next to my computer so sometimes when I have to save a giant file or render something ridiculously large, I’ll work on a painting. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. Perry has also published extensively. Canada / October 2009Group Exhibition - “A Small Number of Things” Giant Robot SF / San Francisco, CA / September 2009Group Exhibition - “Contributors” Traveling / Canada / August 2009Group Exhibition - “Sketchbook Obsessions” New York Times / New York, NY / July 2009Group Exhibition - “Beneath the Surface” NEMO / Portland, OR / May 2009Group Exhibition - “Amsterdam Loves New York 400 years,” Amsterdam, Holland / April 2009Group Exhibition - “Inspired,” TinLark Gallery / Los Angles, CA / Janurary - Feburary2009Group Exhibition - “Manifest Hope: DC,” / Washington D.C. / Janurary - Feburary2009Group Exhibition - “Printed Matter IV” Giant Robot / San Francisco, CA / Janurary - Feburary2009Group Exhibition - “The Joyful Bewilderment,” Rough Trade East / London, England / October 2009Group Exhibition - “Off-Register,” Traveling Show / July - Janurary2008 - 2009Group Exhibition - “Highmath”  / Berlin, Germany /  January 2008Group Exhibition - “It’s Nice That” Traveling / London, England / December 2008Group Exhibition - “Feeling It Out,” / Open Space/ Beacon, NY / July 2008Group Exhibition - “Failure,” / Lab at Belmar / Denver, CO / May 2008Group Exhibition - “Love Addict,” / Kubrick / Hong Kong, China / June 2008Group Exhibition - “Post Wood” / Monster Children Gallery / Sydney, Australia / March 2008Group Exhibition - “Human Empire,” / Human Empire / Hamberg, Germany / March 2007, Home           Work          Store          About          Contact    Follow, Mike Perry Has Always Been and Indoor Kid, This “Broad City” Artist’s Studio Changes Every Day—It’s Always Alive and Crazy and Moving, Broad City Illustrator Visits FIT's Library, A Q&A with Broad City's Animator Mike Perry, Feeling Buzzed: An Interview with Artist Mike Perry, Broad City Illustrator Inaugurates Garis & Hahn New DTLA Space. Mike’s work has been exhibited across the globe in countries such as Germany, Australia, China, Singapore, and Holland with solo shows featured in London - “The Landscape Between Time & Space” 2008, Tokyo - “We are the Infinity of Each Other” 2011, NY - “Wandering Around Wondering” 2012, and most recently “Intoxicating Pollen Wiggling in a Moist Journey of Constantly Blooming Tides” at Garis & Hahn’s new Los Angeles location in the fall of 2017. Mike Perry. He studied graphic design and design at Minneapolis College of Art. I'm still inspired and work all the time! Ask Mike Perry why he designs and he’ll explain it’s because he wants to mesmerize and awaken you through his constellations of line, form, shape, color, idea. Back where? Mike Perry is an American artist, illustrator, animator and curator. Janurary 27, 2016Huffington Post - Meet Mike Perry, The Artist Behind Those Trippy ‘Broad City’ Graphics, August 28, 2015Wall Paper - Wall space: Brooklyn artists think big with Mike Perry-led mural project, August 17, 2015Brooklyn Magazine - Mike Perry about How He and Nine Other Artists Will Transform Dean Street, August 10, 2015The Great Discontent - An Interview with Mike Perry by Tina Essmaker, June 30, 2015The View Magazine - Interview with Visual Multi- Talent Mike Perry, June 9, 2015Hopes & Fears - Broad City Illustrator Mike Perry wants to Live Forever, May 28, 2015Vice: The Creators Project -Meet the Artist Behind Broad City’s Awesome Animated Intros, March 12, 2015Its Nice That - We snoop around Mike Perry’s studio for the new Printed Pages, September 17, 2014DNA Info - ‘Broad City’ Illustrator Paints Huge Yellow Mural Celebrating Crown Heights, July 9, 2014Its Nice That - Mike Perry’s Kaleidoscopic Images are Popping up all Over the Place, May 8, 2014Art of the Title - Broad City, January 22, 2014Wall Paper Style File Atelier - #Borntodare, 2013Refinery 29 - Meet Crown Heights’ Artist In Residence, August 6, 2013RedBubble Blog - An Interview with Mike Perry, July 26, 2013CMOG - Mike Perry @ Glass Lab, July 2012Zing Magazine - An Interview With, July 2012Grain Edit - Mike Perry Interview, April 13, 2010Dwell Magazine - Illustrator Mike Perry, March 29, 2010, art DAS KUNSTMAGAZIN / Planet Brooklyn, 2016Plus Eighty One / Featured Artist August 2013FLJ / Freatured Artist September 2011Grafik / Featured Artist 2011Hardcore / Featured Artist February 2011Elle Girl Korea / Featured Artist October 2010Nylon Korea / Featured Artist Janurary 2010Page One / Featured Artist February 2010Print / Freatured Artist August 2010ReadyMade / Studio Visit 2010Tokion / Featured Artist May 2010Elephant / Featured Artist Winter 2009Illustration Japan / Freatured Artist November 2009Varoom / Featured Artist 2009Arkitip / Featured Artist 2008Block / Featured Artist 2008Design*Sponge & The New York Public Library / Design by the Book Featured Artist 2008Feasthetic / Cover and Feature 2008Grafik/ A to Z of Illustration / Cover and Feature 2008Reload / Featured Artist 2008Arkitip / Featured Artist 2007Brooklyn Industry / Featured Artist 2007IDN / Featured Artist May 2007Territory, No. The most of the work he did is considered in abstract, unknowable future that is all possibility in the present. It started off as simple as waking up in my bedroom and walking over in my underwear to my computer. His pop culture artwork, collaborative projects and communal work are often outside the standard art gallery sensibility. I am currently the lead Designer for SpineFrontier, Inc. a leader in Medical Device Innovation. I specialize in logo design, branding, photography and videography. On a daily basis, I just try and keep an open mind to everything that is happening around me. I am talking about really good, honest, loving people. His creative purpose is to conjure that feeling of soul-soaring wonder you have when you stare into distant galaxies on a dark night, when you go on long journeys into the imagination, when you ponder what it is that this life is all about. Once he started out with his studio he has completed multiple public art initiatives. Thanks for saying that! Mike Perry's Instagram account. Now he lives in Brooklyn and became a famous designer or either a graphic designer. His foray into the world of animation has been highlighted by his continued work on Comedy Central’s Broad City which resulted in the Television Academy awarded Mike Perry Studio the 2018 Emmy winner of their Motion Design Jury Award for the “Mushrooms” Episode. Launched in 2009, we love to explore the very best creativity and offer interviews, tips and ideas to help you succeed. And the phone started ringing.