She lost my physician's prescription AT LEAST TWICE (this on on the testimony of his office, who it turns out is fully acquainted with Metro-Med's deficits), claimed twice to have shipped my supplies--but had not; claimed to have left me messages--but had not; and by her own admission couldn't remember who I was. Includes contact and inspection info for Metro-Med. Thank you Adam! The low ceilings are claustrophobic and the fluorescent lights are depressing. The RT was thorough, patient, knowledgeable and gracious. Initially everything was fine. I called the next day, left a message, no response. "Dr. Arzoo is the most caring and compassionate doctor I've ever been to! Unethical and incompetent. To opt out at anytime, send the word STOP to YP411. Called them last Monday, they didn't get back to me until Friday afternoon. For sure! So you would think that they would all just handle it internally and get it figured out but no I have to be the one to call everybody to get this handled. But when the calendar shows it's time for my supplies to be refreshed, they call me (at dinner time), email me, basically won't stop until I place an order so they can collect from me or my insurance. I liked the person that gave me my machine and answered questions but the place was disturbingly dirty. worst service. Metro Med is HORRIBLE at customer service. They can be easily reached by phone which was not the case with another medical goods supplier. Menu & Reservations Make Reservations . Terrible lack of care for patients. I pick up the machine close to my house. Yelp users haven’t asked any questions yet about Metro Med. It still took about 3 weeks to straighten this out. See all photos from Adam C. for Metro Med, I placed an order for 1 item 9/23/019. The Metro Med is the worst! My last complaint that when returning the equipment the people were slow to help me check in and return it and once I was engaged they ignored me as other employees interrupted the return of my equipment. This is my second 5 star rating for MetroMed. 22 reviews of Metro Med "Having a condition like IPF is bad enough, but all the staff at Metro Med are extremely helpful and efficient. This is my second 5 star rating for MetroMed. My last complaint that when returning the equipment the people were slow to help me check in and return it and once I was engaged they ignored me as other employees interrupted the return of my equipment. I brought back my machine it has a problem with the filter door not staying shut. Your text message was sent. The Metro Med is the worst! I spoke with Emily and she couldn't have been any less helpful.