Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Metroland Media Group is right for you. License: Apache License 2.0. 169 Metroland Media Group reviews. Quite a low pay for much harder work than advertised. Asked several times for a list of qualifications differentiating my position from another (along with approx.salaey for each) and it was never provided.

Editorial work is changing for the better. please do give us a call at 647 924 1392 to connect with a representative and use advertising to your advantage (more) using a business like Metroland media an advertising outlet helps businesses stay afloat.

A lot of the sales staff are dinosaurs who could not keep up with the newer technology but they never made any effort to help them or update their ideas. Glassdoor will not work properly unless browser cookie support is enabled. The Google Mobile Ads SDK is the latest generation in Google mobile advertising featuring refined ad formats and streamlined APIs for access to mobile ad networks and advertising solutions. Metroland Media – Company in Oakville, ON – 447 Speers Road, Oakville, Ontario. MixRank is the most comprehensive database of mobile apps, developers, SDKs, technologies, services, and integrations.

Management aren't leaders, they rule with an iron fist. LEAVE WHILE YOU CAN. They changed the pay rate - but now get lower commissions when you sell larger packages. This seems rather pointless since the company is defunct/out of business/pining for the fiords.

Metroland is one of the most sophisticated distributors of flyers and circulars in Canada, our network provides highly segmented total market coverage. Read the cons for more information on that. People have asked 1 question about working at Metroland Media. Don’t be afraid of bear markets #sponsoredcontent, Ontario’s largest community media company, providing local news, advertising and distribution 6-3715 Laird Road Mississauga ON L5L0A3 905.281.5582. The only way to be successful and make money is to wait for your older co-workers to quit so you can recieve some of their account list. Lang provides a host of helper utilities for the java.lang API, notably String manipulation methods, basic numerical methods, object reflection, concurrency, creation and serialization and System properties. A lot of the time the person working on the artwork doesn't understand or doesn't follow the instructions. This place is also rife with nepotism. You are as good as your last sale. typical day at work started as early as 7 am, zou got paid by a flyer,not by an hour. Every 6 months there are VDP to get people to leave.

The dailies are hemorrhaging money while under-cutting the community papers. sent work outside which caused quality to go down, Former Employee - Senior Software Developer. Just stay away from this dying company and the print industry. In some markets, Metroland has more than 3 of its own companies fighting for the same client. Less than a week left, register now! They refuse to accept it. The company had a chance to succeed but they didn't adapt to the times.

How to Answer: What Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses? Local businesses do not like the company and refuse to talk to us. Pricing models they offer are CPM on channels such as Display, Video, Mobile, Email, Social Advertising on Metroland Media will allow you to reach consumers in industries or verticals such as eCommerce, Automotive, Retail, Travel & Leisure. No evening or weekend hours. to view all

You would need to get all your work done before you you take the time off. Lay-off's occurring often - not a business to see myself grow and feel stable and advance my career. Nice people to work with, benefits, paid vacation, work was clearly understood how to complete and mostly well organized. It can also be used to convert a JSON string to an equivalent Java object. The SDK enables mobile app developers to maximize their monetization on Android, iOS, and Windows Phone 8. jsoup is a Java library for working with real-world HTML.

Metroland Media advertising reaches 1.18M visitors across desktop and mobile web, in countries such as Canada, United States, United Kingdom, India, Argentina. How can we make The Pickering News Advertiser app more relevant to you? I worked at Metroland Media Group part-time for less than a year. This will only put a target on your back. ), 7 of the Best Situational Interview Questions.

management changes mind about major decisions every month. Very close to my home, the company allowed me to gain production, estimating, purchasing, quality, health & safety, environmental & maintenance experience. Had two really good co workers Get local breaking news as well as photos and video content on the go, keeping you connected to your community. Please type your email address and password to continue. Constant lay-offs and outsourcing for everything. The Guava project contains several of Google's core libraries that we rely on in our Java-based projects: collections, caching, primitives support, concurrency libraries, common annotations, string processing, I/O, and so forth. Read verified and trustworthy customer reviews for metroland media or write your own review. There is a clear bias between editorial staff and sales reps; editorial are watched like a hawk while sales reps can do as they please. 9 Attention-Grabbing Cover Letter Examples, 10 of the Best Companies for Working From Home, The Top 20 Jobs With the Highest Satisfaction, 12 Companies That Will Pay You to Travel the World, 7 Types of Companies You Should Never Work For, How to Become the Candidate Recruiters Can’t Resist, 11 Words and Phrases to Use in Salary Negotiations, 10 High-Paying Jobs With Tons of Open Positions, Negotiating Over Email? Get weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews, Productive and fun workplace with no ping pong table. Metroland is known for their boiler room sales tactics and other companies try and poach employees on that basis and not for any meaningful expertise. Welcome to the Carrier Portal. Metroland makes the weirdest cuts to help save money. There's so much more.

Compare pay for popular roles and read about the team’s work-life balance. Forgot your password? It's very easy to find out how much the people at the top make. Stagnant wages, no opportunity for advancement, a lot of blatant nepotism. Account Executive, Corporate Sales at Metroland Media . Always a challenge and dynamic. The only experience that I have gained is how to cold call. Application Crash Reports for Android ACRA is a library enabling Android Application to automatically post their crash reports to a GoogleDoc form. A lot of the "new ideas" they tried to implement failed or were forgotten over time. Metroland prints most of its own newspapers on company-owned presses housed in six different printing locations, as well as providing commercial print for other publications.

It was rewarding in many ways. We also share information about your use of our site with our media and analytics partners. Access the Thalamus Performance Trading Desk. The digital products that they offer are 5 years behind what the rest of the advertising industry is doing. support staff at head office are usually quick to respond and helpful. Learn about Metroland Media culture, salaries, benefits, … Metrland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. The standard Java libraries fail to provide enough methods for manipulation of its core classes.

If you are contacting your District Representative or sending your collection organizers, please email your Representative directly while we make changes. Send us your thoughts or general comments to support@polarmobile.com. Read verified and trustworthy customer reviews for Metroland Media or write your own review.

Apache Commons Codec (TM) software provides implementations of common encoders and decoders such as Base64, Hex, Phonetic and URLs. Metroland Media advertising reaches 1.18M visitors across desktop and mobile web, in countries such as Canada, United States, United Kingdom, India, Argentina.

co-workers are great. Find out what works well at Metroland Media from the people who know best. I worked at Metroland Media Group full-time for more than 3 years, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work/Life Balance, Senior Management,

What is the interview process like at Metroland Media? With a healthy product offering online, in-print, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable.

Print advertising is dying. It's very sad to see what will happen to most of the people who work there that are expecting to retire with the company.

Additionally it contains basic enhancements to java.util.Date and a series of utilities dedicated to help with building methods, such as hashCode, toString and equals. See how our InsideHalton team stays #ConnectedToTheCommunity follow them @insidehalton on Twitter. Glassdoor has 184 Metroland Media Group reviews submitted anonymously by Metroland Media Group employees. I have been working at Metroland Media Group full-time for more than 5 years, Good working environment, great people to work with.

Recieved an extra two 'paid' days off. Great management, great overall outlook on the companies transformation, and ongoing training. The week in COVID-19 vaccine news: Kids to the back of the line and cooling attitudes on mandator... MAP: Tracking coronavirus deaths in Oakville and Burlington as well as Milton and Halton Hills. metroland media – Company in Mississauga, ON – 625 Cantay Road, Mississauga, Ontario. There is a 12 hour turn around. Very few will actually make more that $60k a year. flexible hours. There isn't any room for any creativity or to make suggestions. Metroland is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Torstar Corporation. Click here Are you sure you want to replace it?

Moral is incredibly low. I liked it because it kept me going in life and i was getting paid for it, i would still keep doing it but they are going to relocate somwhere else and i don,t know where, Freelance Reporter for Peterborough This Week in Peterborough, ON, My internship was amazing at The Peterborough This Week. Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone. There isn't a lot of money to be made here. We publish over 109 community newspapers and 3 daily newspapers in southern Ontario and around Toronto.

Editorial salaries are stagnant and below the cost of living for the area and as I had been told directly by upper management they are based on your title not the amount/quality of work you do -- after several years of work and more than doubling my workload I still wasn't deemed worthy of a raise because of my title. CWAC-Provider: Helping to Make Content Providers Sane. Metroland's flyer distribution volumes continue to grow to over 2.2 billion pieces. Smiths Falls Record News, Carleton Place-Almonte, Perth Courier and Kemptville Advance 3 weeks vacation. Working from the computer most of the day, not really the full sales job you expect it to be with communicating to offshore. This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Sign Up Want you to get mid-market clients and sell larger digital packages, while at the same time keeping the local papers alive and selling little features. Password.

We are The Content + Connections Agency.

Join Angus Robinson, Director of Analytics and Data Strategy on Location-Based Marketing at #DM2016.