[10] He was given the number 10 shirt, vacated by Thorgan Hazard after his move to Borussia Dortmund.
This allows Stefan Lainer to make a vertical run into the space created behind by Thuram’s movement.

Erling Haaland, son of Alfie, the Norwegian international, plays with Reyna at Borussia Dortmund. For just £5+vat you can enjoy access to The Handbook directory for 21 days.

At the start, it was the other way around, but that’s a good thing. Borussia Monchengladbach's Marcus Thuram pecked Ramy Bensebaini on the cheek after scoring his side's second goal in a 3-1 win over Frankfur... Fox Sports™ and © 2020 Fox Media LLC and Fox Sports Interactive Media, LLC. In the picture above, Thuram has the position in a wide left position and is approaching the byline.

After reaching the byline on the left side, Thuram plays a low cross into the six-yard area, but the keeper is first to the ball. So did Manchester City. His focus is simple: day to day, year to year, building a good career. Here on Ronaldo.com, we give you everything there is to know about him. Unlike his father, the 22-year-old plays as a centre-forward. Diversely, Thuram is also able to make runs in behind the defensive line. He was trying to protect me; he knew that when the son of someone arrives on a team, there can be jealousy. Although on this occasion the ball lands at the opposition’s feet, it shows the low cross can create a dangerous situation for the other team even if the initial low cross does not find a teammate. Marcus Thuram has become a crucial element in Marco Rose’s system, capable of playing down the left-wing in a 4-3-3 formation and as a second striker in a 4-3-1-2. Marcus Thuram is the son of the World-Cup winner Lilian, who has become one of the most eloquent and powerful voices to speak out against … At times, Thuram will not be blocking passing lanes, or be in a position to press the player effectively. People viewing Marcus Thuram's profile are speak English and are from United Kingdom, Click to view full summaryGet access in less than 30 seconds, Breast Cancer Research Foundation Annual Symposium & Awards Luncheon (TBC), Influencer Targeting: How To Reach Influencers, 8 Effortlessly Chic French Girls To Follow On The ‘Gram, How To Contact Influencers And Get A Positive Response.

The highlights of Thuram’s debut campaign include the dramatic later winner against AS Roma in the Europa League and assisting Ramy Bensebaini’s injury-time winner against title rivals Bayern Munich.

As a kid, having a famous surname was a positive and a negative.

He is no longer Claudio Reyna, longstanding United States international, veteran of a 15-year career in some of Europe’s biggest leagues, sporting director of Major League Soccer’s Austin F.C. It has in all been a positive first season in the Bundesliga for the 22-year-old and it will be interesting to see how he develops as a player in the coming years. Reyna is not alone in having to make that transformation. He always saw soccer as a dream, and it is really important that he does not forget that. I took a step back during his youth: I was not directly involved in his daily training or anything like that. Tactical Theory: Creating overloads with a roaming playmaker, Lautaro Martinez 2019/2020 – scout report, Djamel Belmadi at Algeria 2019/20 – tactical analysis, UEFA Nations League 2020/21: Italy vs Netherlands – tactical analysis, NWSL Fall Series: Sky Blue FC vs. Chicago Red Stars- tactical analysis. Are you looking to get in touch with Marcus Thuram for commercial opportunities ? In this instance, he plays the ball out wide for a cross, which Thuram gets on the end of. It puts him in an ideal position to either shot or assist a teammate. At 6’3″ and weighing 88KG, Thuram has a substantial frame and with this comes great strength.
With quick feet and a very direct style it is extremely difficult for the opposition to stop Thuram in his tracks without fouling; shown by the 1.9 fouls Thuram suffers on average per game. In this image, although operating through the middle as a centre forward, Thuram still has similar movement in attacking phases. “Marcus is a footballer who benefits greatly from his physique and stature. New York City F.C. Gladbach boss Marco Rose supports Marcus Thuram's protest for 'justice' for George Floyd. For a parent, the pleasure is in seeing your kids do what they have always wanted to do.

All rights reserved.

He took a knee after his first goal of the match and dedicated the strike in honour of ongoing protests in the United States following the death of George Floyd. This naturally makes him a more dangerous player and gives him an unpredictability to his attacking play. The Frenchman thrives in one-on-one situations in the penalty zone. Thuram had a shot on goal, sent in an accurate cross, won two tackles and drew a penalty during Saturday's 3-1 win over Koln. Maybe we are now past the point when people can say I am getting my chance because of who my dad is. It was only when I was 11 that he allowed me to start playing soccer for a club, and even then it was not a professional team’s youth academy. That outweighs the 13 games down the left flank. I haven’t surpassed him.

I’m not into competition, really: He was the first Thuram, and being the first of something is always stronger. This is where teammates can take advantage. It is a situation where Thuram would not be blamed if he lost possession. [14] He was born in the Italian city of Parma while his father played for the club, and was named after Jamaican activist Marcus Garvey. He often wouldn’t tell me if I’d had a good game. When you register to our service, you’ll enjoy instant access to Marcus Thuram’s agent or direct contact details – allowing you to reach out in seconds. Yet, these high shot percentages from inside the area are primarily due to Thuram’s directness with his dribbling which often drives him into the area. Très heureux de vous annoncer ma signature à l'En Avant de Guingamp #LaConfo #Tikus, A post shared by T I K U S (@thuram_17) on Jul 7, 2017 at 10:37am PDT. His performances have not only won him three Rookie of the Month awards, but have helped Gladbach enter the top-four. Ina Fassbender/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images. Thuram (ankle) is available for Saturday's clash with Borussia Dortmund after manager Marco Rose told reporters, "Alassane Plea and Marcus Thuram (ankle) will be on board in Dortmu... Thuram is coming off a career year in which he set new personal bests in goals (10) and assists (eight). I hope he can become a lot better than me. Reported Liverpool target Marcus Thuram has just scored a goal that will make Jurgen Klopp water at the mouth. I have shown it a lot of times.

and promotions. I knew that, at 17 or 18, you do not speak much in the locker room. All I can do is try to be the best Marcus Thuram. His strength is also a vital component to his overall play, especially as a striker. There’s a lot more to come from him,” said Rose. He looks to distance himself from the centre backs by drifting into half-spaces and occupies wide positions often as previously shown in his heatmap. They’ve helped open up space for his teammates, resulting in more opportunities. With Thuram having three teammates nearby, he cushions a header down to allow the attack to develop. For just £5+vat you can enjoy access to The Handbook directory for 21 days. Key contact information and It does not depend on where you come from or your background: It depends on what you are prepared to do. He should instead be further forward so that when the pass is played across the centre back, he can apply instant pressure and potentially force a mistake or backwards pass. Since the moment I started, the goal has always been to be better than him.